*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 61 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where did you come from?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-03, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #901
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

I wouldn't care as much if they gave us more things to yell at each other about.

If they said they were thinking about removing friendly fire I would be distracted for at least 3 days.
Old 2012-07-03, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #902
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
I wouldn't care as much if they gave us more things to yell at each other about.

If they said they were thinking about removing friendly fire I would be distracted for at least 3 days.
How about "PS2: Announcement: Intanced matchmaking! Wish you could fight 10 on 10 with your favorite small outfit? In place of Massive FPS combat, we'll be moving to a new matchmaking system!" lol that would have this place flipping cars and throwing molotovs everywhere. lmao.

:P
Old 2012-07-03, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #903
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
How about "PS2: Announcement: Intanced matchmaking! Wish you could fight 10 on 10 with your favorite small outfit? In place of Massive FPS combat, we'll be moving to a new matchmaking system!" lol that would have this place flipping cars and throwing molotovs everywhere. lmao.

:P
Oh god. One could only imagine. I can hear the sirens now ._.

But yeah, Im sure they could distract us with something if they wanted to. It wouldn't be too hard, I mean, come on. We already stalk every news outlet for Planetside 2 we can.

At any given point, theres someone waiting, watching, for some sort of beta date, at any outlet, waiting to the the messenger of the greatest news in the history of the earth.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #904
Kurtz
Master Sergeant

PS1 vets who played this weekend have a better chance of beta? I say yes.

Does being a PS1 vet who played this weekend (or very recently) give you more of a chance to get access to beta than a PS1 vet who hasn't logged in in over a year? I say yes.

It is my theory that the amount of PS1 "vets" is in the hundreds of thousands. That status would include every account on all the servers.

I think one of the reasons for having the PS1 event was to allow PS1 vets to log in and become "active". This (IMO) will allow them to sort by active players as a base for beta invites.

They can't send invites blindly to thousands upon thousands of players who may or may not even be interested in this game as they could potentially end up with too little or too many players.

The Event basically reduced down the number of PS1 vets to those who are currently active and/or interested in PS2.

Thoughts?
Old 2012-07-03, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #905
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: PS1 vets who played this weekend have a better chance of beta? I say yes.

I played last Wed and Thursday, so in the miniscule chance something like this happened, it'd be bullshit.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #906
Sephirex
Major

Or they could just send out an email to see who's interested.....
Old 2012-07-03, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #907
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

No...and I played Saturday.

I'm pretty sure they are only going to send Beta invites to PS1 vets that actually bothered to sign up for beta, updated their info and put in their specs on that recent survey. Thats a better indication of who is active, because you can't fault and punish PS1 vets that didn't feel motivated to go back and play. I played for a bit, had some nostalgia moments and then never went back. The game is outdated and painful.

Last edited by OutlawDr; 2012-07-03 at 01:35 PM.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #908
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Everyone feels so entitled. I wish they would not let any vets in at all at this point.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2012-07-03, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #909
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Lol, if you've attended the parade, that means you've played Planetside, and if you've played Planetside, you get into beta hands down.

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-07-03 at 01:38 PM.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #910
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

^ I agree. Just be thankful you didn't have to beg for keys like everyone else.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #911
Hamma
PSU Admin

Via Twitter:
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status...13796185186305

@xStew360x we are looking for a good mix or our technical test which likely starts in a few days.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-03, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #912
Krawanan
Corporal

Could be , but i doubt it.

you say that othewise they would have to blindly send invites to people who may be not interested.

this is not true, higby stated there have been given away alot of keys, and almost everyone who has obtained a key is interested is some way.

may it be by buying the pcgamer ps2 edition, or spending 2 hours creating art/trying to get a key off of twitter
(and they will ofcourse send keys to those people first before they send it to the mass who only registered for the beta)

Last edited by Krawanan; 2012-07-03 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #913
Sephirex
Major

Another crumb thrown to the screaming masses. I'll take it! So closed beta is maybe two weeks away.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #914
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Everyone feels so entitled. I wish they would not let any vets in at all at this point.
Let's trash the fake videogame industry terms like "vets, community, players, ect." and call people what they are Customers/Patrons. Customers who support the PS1 brand are natually going to feel as though they are "owed" based on their support of building the PS1 brand and in actuallity are the only reason PS2 was developed. If no one played PS1 and it failed they would not be making PS2.

Now as a 10 year Battlefield player I can tell you the PS2 devs are light years ahead of engaging and "taking care of" their long time customers and brand supporters. After 10 years DICE/EA lied to, misled, and shoved their long time brand supporting customers away opting for a different customer and comprimized their brand to a rediculous "lower threshold" standard.

I hope PS2 maintains the brand balance from PS1 even though it looks like a step down in complexity for existing PS1 customers......then again the shear numbers in PS2 could offset things and keep PS2 complex but in a different way. PS1 vets you have my sympathy if PS2 lowers the threshold to much....but then again as a new player to PS2....it seems to be in my sweetspot to be playing this for years to come...pretty much exclusively..save GTA5 and a few other titles.

Vets I hope they continue to treat you well, it's great marketing for a F2P game when your cusotmers/players/vets/whatever are your biggest advocates.
Old 2012-07-03, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #915
NCPresident
Private

I already got a key.

I dont think playing PS1 this weekend will make a differance. Playing alot during the years might.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion