Empire Of 40k vs Empires Of Auraxis - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We stole Spock's brain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-16, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
AppleJax
Private

Empire Of 40k vs Empires Of Auraxis

What if the Imperium of man(space marines are part of their forces, just incase no one knows) attacked auraxis, will we be able to fight them off? I believe the space marines act like our maxes, where they are super soldiers.

Is there anything we could do to fight them off, tanks, air support, guns, numbers even bringing in the best outfits everything. Do we stand a chance or can we win?

Last edited by AppleJax; 2013-10-17 at 01:23 AM.
Old 2013-10-16, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Empire Of 40k vs Empires Of Auraxis

NO. Auraxians would be crushed back into their spawns and camped for eternity.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-10-16, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Never thought I would see this kind of thread on a Planetside forum

Nope, nothing the TR, NC and VS could do against the Imperium of Man.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-10-16, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Selerox
Sergeant

Exclamation Re: Empire Of 40k vs Empires Of Auraxis

Astartes have bigger Drop Pods.
Old 2013-10-16, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AppleJax
Private

maybe we could spam them with libs. I'm sure we have some sort of chance. lmao
Old 2013-10-16, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
AThreatToYou
Major

Against the Imperial Guard, it's like asking if this IG unit could beat this other IG unit.

Against Space Marines? Nooooope.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-10-16 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2013-10-16, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe we'd get to see the Skylance in action. It sure ain't happening as is . . .
Old 2013-10-16, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Blynd
First Sergeant

if they brought terminators we would have to have bfrs

so id have to say no we would get pounded by numbers that said though im sure if we had max's of all empires working together we could probably hold the crown LOL
Old 2013-10-16, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

I have no idea what the armies of Auraxis have in terms of a space fleet so I'm just going to pretend neither side can gain an edge (thus preventing either side from turning the other to dust via orbital bombardment).

On the one hand Space Marines are terrifying and would roflstomp most opposition. But I racked my brain for the most OP things the Auraxians could bring to the table to fight back.

The first thing that pops into my head are Lancers. A metric ton of Vanu lancers with infinite ammo from engineering packs might be akin to a million dudes with shoulder mounted las cannons.

The engineer's manna turrets could mow down the guard well enough, I'd imagine their las rifles wouldn't do very much against Auraxian shields. But the guard infantry is notoriously pathetic, it's their mechanized forces that pose a danger.

I'll give the Auraxian tanks the benefit of the doubt and put them on par with the Leman Russ. I hear BFRs were pretty OP back in the day so lets put them on par with Sentinels/Flame tanks.

That leaves Basilisks and Baneblades to worry about. Dying isn't a problem for Auraxians, we respawn indefinitely so the Basilisk, while terrifying, isn't a deal breaker. The baneblade would have to be widdled down by our endless vehicles and striker/lancer spam.

I think we might be able to go toe to toe in the skies with the IG if only because of Strikers.

If they brought a Titan or Emperor spare us TitanS, then I'm not sure if there's anything in the arsenal to stop that. Maybe light assaults with some C4 in all the right places? Works on most vehicles

The only thing we really don't have much of a counter to are the space marines. Maybe NC max suits with a hammer to go with the shield to do battle with the odd terminator but the tactical squads might be a bit much.

I think the way we could beat them is if we do what we do best. We die.

Suicide C4 the Space Marines because once they die, they stay dead (unless they get put in a lunchbox). Our lads who blow themselves up get remade to do it all over again.

So in conclusion I think it's a closer fight than people realize. We make up for the Imperium's overwhelming numbers with our inability to stay dead.

Though our Achilles heel is that our bases are utterly indefensible.

And there's no way we could go on offense against the Imperium. Auraxis IS our best weapon.
Old 2013-10-16, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by OctavianAXFive View Post
I have no idea what the armies of Auraxis have in terms of a space fleet so I'm just going to pretend neither side can gain an edge (thus preventing either side from turning the other to dust via orbital bombardment).

On the one hand Space Marines are terrifying and would roflstomp most opposition. But I racked my brain for the most OP things the Auraxians could bring to the table to fight back.

The first thing that pops into my head are Lancers. A metric ton of Vanu lancers with infinite ammo from engineering packs might be akin to a million dudes with shoulder mounted las cannons.

The engineer's manna turrets could mow down the guard well enough, I'd imagine their las rifles wouldn't do very much against Auraxian shields. But the guard infantry is notoriously pathetic, it's their mechanized forces that pose a danger.

I'll give the Auraxian tanks the benefit of the doubt and put them on par with the Leman Russ. I hear BFRs were pretty OP back in the day so lets put them on par with Sentinels/Flame tanks.

That leaves Basilisks and Baneblades to worry about. Dying isn't a problem for Auraxians, we respawn indefinitely so the Basilisk, while terrifying, isn't a deal breaker. The baneblade would have to be widdled down by our endless vehicles and striker/lancer spam.

I think we might be able to go toe to toe in the skies with the IG if only because of Strikers.

If they brought a Titan or Emperor spare us TitanS, then I'm not sure if there's anything in the arsenal to stop that. Maybe light assaults with some C4 in all the right places? Works on most vehicles

The only thing we really don't have much of a counter to are the space marines. Maybe NC max suits with a hammer to go with the shield to do battle with the odd terminator but the tactical squads might be a bit much.

I think the way we could beat them is if we do what we do best. We die.

Suicide C4 the Space Marines because once they die, they stay dead (unless they get put in a lunchbox). Our lads who blow themselves up get remade to do it all over again.

So in conclusion I think it's a closer fight than people realize. We make up for the Imperium's overwhelming numbers with our inability to stay dead.

Though our Achilles heel is that our bases are utterly indefensible.

And there's no way we could go on offense against the Imperium. Auraxis IS our best weapon.
Nothing on Auraxis could stand up to the firepower, the armor or the shields of anything in the 40k universe. Even the lesser units have more punch.

Old 2013-10-16, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MrMak
Sergeant Major

The imperium would NEVER dare to use Xenos technology so we also have the Warpgate network for exlusive use. Also since they would not dare step through a warpgate they would not get the benefit of respawning. They also cant construct anythign they need in seconds with the nanites. In order to set up a gun emplacement a group of imperial guardsmen have to haul a big gun and assemble it manualy. We only need one engineer to put down a small device on the ground.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
OctavianAXFive
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Nothing on Auraxis could stand up to the firepower, the armor or the shields of anything in the 40k universe. Even the lesser units have more punch.
We have no real way of knowing that. The IG are hardly wearing armor, a bullet's a bullet. Their little las rifles are a threat to unarmored targets, but we have shields.

As for their vehicles, that's why I'm thinking the Lancer is like a Las Cannon, which is potent and we have a lot of them. That and being highly mobile means that sheer volume of fire might just be enough.

Think of Vanu weapons like Tau weapons in some regards. Last I checked the Tau weren't push overs.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
AppleJax
Private

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
We do alteast have better air support. We could bomb the heck outta them with libs. If we take out their important buildings before they reach tech 3, we could win.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

We have no real way of knowing that. The IG are hardly wearing armor, a bullet's a bullet. Their little las rifles are a threat to unarmored targets, but we have shields.

As for their vehicles, that's why I'm thinking the Lancer is like a Las Cannon, which is potent and we have a lot of them. That and being highly mobile means that sheer volume of fire might just be enough.

Think of Vanu weapons like Tau weapons in some regards. Last I checked the Tau weren't push overs.
You're giving much too much credit to the Lancer. A Las Cannon obliterates infantry and can destroy a tank in 1 shot. The Lancer is closer to a Las Rifle than a Las Cannon.

Old 2013-10-16, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
AppleJax
Private

we might stand a chance at going toe to toe with their normal units. But what about their heavier ones? What if they choose to bring in the space marines? Their predator tanks are superior to ours, but libs could take them out. That's i say we have the skies.

Last edited by AppleJax; 2013-10-16 at 02:15 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion