News: PlanetSide 2 Walkthrough and Cinematic Trailer - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This quote has been taken out of context.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-17, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Walkthrough and Cinematic Trailer

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Doesn't have to be instanced to be removed. They just stop sending you the data. Its a common optimization trick. I'm just wondering if you can see the action. From every other video I have seen, you can't see IN to the bio-dome from the outside, but it almost looked like you could see out.
Remember, different Biodomes are different. Some may be transparent enough to see in/out, others may be heavily tinted so seeing in isn't very practical or you have to be very close to do so.

Who knows, some Biodomes amy have perpetual fog lingering inside! That'd be creepy/cool.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by kaffis View Post
Remember, different Biodomes are different. Some may be transparent enough to see in/out, others may be heavily tinted so seeing in isn't very practical or you have to be very close to do so.

Who knows, some Biodomes amy have perpetual fog lingering inside! That'd be creepy/cool.
I recall them trying to work out the look of the glass ( Concept art ), but no official word on if each are different. But that's also not my point.

I just wanted to know if you could see combat going on outside, and that was answered.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The mechanics are all in all promoting static gameplay, as long as you don't know how to work together with your allies to use your momentum. And that's particularly true if you use heavies, TDs and artillery because they provide less tools to be dynamic in the first place. Particularly if you go for Russian units.

It's absolutely NOT true if you're talking about scout and medium combat (particularly above tier 5 French and German tanks), which is positively the same as basic PS Lightning combat. With the exception that aiming is actually easier.

CoF is bad, true, but the hitrate only goes down by about 10% (for me at higher tiers at least, it's around 60-69% for my high tier meds, down to 55-65% with low tier meds). And I do tend to be very mobile while driving, because at those tiers you can't stand still while facing a Maus or other Tier 10. If you'd get hit, you lose 40-80% of your hitpoints in one shot.

Well, then it looks like I got over 10.000 more battles in it than you so sorry if I don't take your word for it as you can't have experienced more than the lower tiers. Sorry, but if you haven't gotten past tier 5 and experienced the higher tier mediums (tier 8-9 mediums) you've really got nothing to add here about accuracy on the move because indeed at the lower tiers accuracy is abysmal for all units except TDs and a few artillery units.

BF3 can be a decent comparison, but I won't compare to it since I don't play that very often and besides, its tanks don't have competition from other vehicles and thus little to do with balancing different types of tank combat with one another.

It generally does in comparison to static, yes. Your point? You were saying PS2 drivers sofar been accurate?
That you've put so many hours into WoT and still don't understand why it isn't a good analogy is very disconcerting. It's like theory crafting about how Guild Wars 2 will play based on extensive experience from World of Warcraft. Despite being of the same genre, they are completely different mechanically and any similarities are superficial in nature. The same is the case with PlanetSide 2 and WoT (indeed, the difference here is even more marked) and this is what we're all trying, rather in vain, to explain to you.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
SavageB
First Sergeant

The Bio dome Looks awesome man....Looking forward to having some intense fights inside.
Old 2012-07-17, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
I honestly can't remember the last time a cinimatic trailer got me excited about a game??? I mean really.....
Warhammer 40k: Dawn Of War trailer was pretty goddam epic too.

I'm pretty sure there's a copy or three floating around on youtube... lemeseehere...

Yep, Note that the trailer itself doesn't start till 30-ish seconds in, everything prior to that company logos. Lots of logos. Meh.

Last edited by NapalmEnima; 2012-07-17 at 01:12 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-17, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

That Biolab design looks quite awesome! Nice video Hamma, enjoyed the prowler time.

The Cinematic trailer looks great. I liked how the only image of TR was a squad lined up inside a galaxy. Makes me think of the PS2 teaser we got a year ago when it ended with TR mosquitoes & a Galaxy coming in.

I may be biased as the Galaxy is the bread and butter of the Enclave, but I'm really looking forward to that trailer showing some TR gal drops.

Also, does anyone else remember back in PS1 beta? My first impression of the game was logging into Sanctuary and seeing a dozen galaxies sitting around loading up as people were forming up squads, spouting off certifications, and putting together a squad with exactly 2 MAX, and a gal pilot. The Galaxy was the cornerstone of player organization in late PS1 beta. It was pretty awesome. Seeing all the galaxies in the cinematic trailer made me think of those first few impressions of PS1 with all the galaxies loading up and flying off.

The gal is definitely the most iconic image of PlanetSide. Its also the thing which strikes home that it is a MMO. Glad to see it takes center-stage in the Cinematic.
Old 2012-07-17, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Watched trailer....

I just came.
Old 2012-07-17, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Also, does anyone else remember back in PS1 beta? My first impression of the game was logging into Sanctuary and seeing a dozen galaxies sitting around loading up as people were forming up squads, spouting off certifications, and putting together a squad with exactly 2 MAX, and a gal pilot. The Galaxy was the cornerstone of player organization in late PS1 beta. It was pretty awesome. Seeing all the galaxies in the cinematic trailer made me think of those first few impressions of PS1 with all the galaxies loading up and flying off.
Except we won't see that, no enter/exit animations. We will see gals barely slowing down as a whole squad pops inside.

I know, I know, beating a dead horse.
Old 2012-07-17, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Except we won't see that, no enter/exit animations. We will see gals barely slowing down as a whole squad pops inside.

I know, I know, beating a dead horse.
Just for emphasis:
Old 2012-07-17, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

LOL at the MAXes walking around like statues. I hope that's an AI-demo bug and not an actual animation bug.
Old 2012-07-17, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

very cool thanks for sharing,i think really the only we haven't seen is the warp gate bases
Old 2012-07-17, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Oh man! That gal in the cinematic totally CLEGGED! Epic landing...
Old 2012-07-17, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Luieburger
Sergeant

What was the control on the aircraft like? Did you require a joystick/controller or was the flight designed for mouse and keyboard?
Old 2012-07-17, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Grinds
Private

Awesome Video

Last edited by Grinds; 2012-07-17 at 03:31 PM.
Old 2012-07-17, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Why use Two Steps From Hell: Sons of War when you have such a talented composer like Don Ferrone? (not like 2steps weren't good though)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion