SOE Fan Faire and Planetside 2? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Awaiting approval. Oh wait...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-15, 04:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Grimster
First Lieutenant

SOE Fan Faire and Planetside 2?

Well I started the E3 thread so why not start a Fan Faire thread since it is less than a month away.

Lets hope we get to see some Planetside 2/Next news there.

I was browsing Twitter and saw that Margaret Krohn(PurrfectStorm) aka Luperza is going to the Fan Faire. Since she is a part of the development team for Planetside 2 that could always be a good sign?

Maybe not a trailer but a official announcement and some screenshots or info would be nice.

EDIT: Here is the direct link if anyone is interested.

http://twitter.com/#!/PurrfectStorm/...68142154014720
NEED UPDATES!

Last edited by Grimster; 2011-06-15 at 04:07 AM.
Old 2011-06-15, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
varg
Private

Re: SOE Fan Faire and Planetside 2?

Nice. I hope that means some news will come out. I thought I saw her tweet something about "Free Realms" (as working in development on that as well) and writing quest lore (can only thing EQ stuff) so I would take it with a grain of salt.

We can hope though! I should ask her via twitter, she has responded to me and Tigersmith on stuff from time to time.

You know you are a fan that is hard up for info if you are stalking developers on twitter.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea

She was also at E3 also though :\

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-06-15, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Raymac
Brigadier General

If SOE doesn't hint that a PS2 announcement will happen at Fan Faire, then I'm not going to get my hopes up. I know we'll hear something eventually, but all this silence has gotten old.
Old 2011-06-15, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
varg
Private

For what its worth, I hit her up for info:

Danny Blair
@PurrfectStorm so fan fair... can we look forward to info on a certain MMOFPS that has yet to be announced? #planetside #soe #PSU

Margaret Krohn
@PurrfectStorm Margaret Krohn
@dannyblair I can't tell you anything unfortunately. =/ I can tell you I am excited and can't wait till I can tell you! =D
Old 2011-06-15, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by varg View Post
Margaret Krohn
@dannyblair I can't tell you anything unfortunately. =/ I can tell you I am excited and can't wait till I can tell you! =D
she'll say "more info coming in the following weeks and months" and that will be all we'll hear till 2015 :P
Old 2011-06-15, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SRxRedshift View Post
she'll say "more info coming in the following weeks and months" and that will be all we'll hear till 2015 :P
"It's funny because it's true." -Homer Simpson
Old 2011-06-16, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Well I have to admit that after I started this thread I took a look at the schedule on the Fan Faire web site. It didn't look to promising.

http://events.station.sony.com/fanfaire/schedule.vm
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-06-16, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

[quote]http://events.station.sony.com/fanfaire/schedule.vm[/quote[

deres no planetside 2 dere :/
Old 2011-06-16, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Even worse there is no Planetside related what so ever.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-06-16, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Even worse there is no Planetside related what so ever.
There hasn't been in years I think, so why are you guys surprised.
Old 2011-06-16, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Well I have to admit that after I started this thread I took a look at the schedule on the Fan Faire web site. It didn't look to promising.

http://events.station.sony.com/fanfaire/schedule.vm
That was the same last year, however they added some EQ:Next panels after the announcement... If anywhere, keep an eye out for the community address. If it's not in there, it's not anywhere.
Old 2011-06-16, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by KornDemon View Post
There hasn't been in years I think, so why are you guys surprised.
I see so many people say stuff like this. Oh PS wasn't acknowledged in previous years and hasn't been for a while, why would you even expect such a thing.

Because in previous years there wasn't solid evidence that a Planetside 2 was even being worked on, now that there is why shouldn't we hope for any information we can get? Especially at a convention that caters to damn near 100 % SoE games I assume.

EDIT: I mean the Fan Faire, not E3.

Last edited by NCLynx; 2011-06-16 at 09:20 AM.
Old 2011-06-16, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by varg View Post
For what its worth, I hit her up for info:

Danny Blair
@PurrfectStorm so fan fair... can we look forward to info on a certain MMOFPS that has yet to be announced? #planetside #soe #PSU

Margaret Krohn
It's funny because..

If there in fact wasn't going to be any PS2 news at FF, shouldn't she be allowed to tell us that? I mean, what's the point of hiding, well, hiding 'nothing' basically. It's like trying to hide an empty box, what's the point of that? For the lolz?

Which naturally leads me to overthink the situation, if she can tell us that it wont be there but doesn't. She just tells us that she cannot tell us anything, shouldn't that ultimately mean that there'll be PS2 news at FF?

Or, was the entire "hiding the empty box" phenomenon's purpose to prevent this type of theories in the first place?

Then again, because of this, that entire "box"-theory becomes moot. Because that's ultimately what's spawned this theory in the first place. So the wise thing would be to just say "It's not going to be any PS2 coverage at FF". Which MUST mean that there'll be PS2 news at FF. Period!

(I'm getting confused, I shouldn't think..)

Last edited by Lorgarn; 2011-06-16 at 01:17 PM.
Old 2011-06-16, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Lorgarn View Post
It's funny because..

If there in fact wasn't going to be any PS2 news at FF, shouldn't she be allowed to tell us that? I mean, what's the point of hiding, well, hiding 'nothing' basically. It's like trying to hide an empty box, what's the point of that? For the lolz?

Which naturally leads me to overthink the situation, if she can tell us that it wont be there but doesn't. She just tells us that she cannot tell us anything, shouldn't that ultimately mean that there'll be PS2 news at FF?

Or, was the entire "hiding the empty box" phenomenon's purpose to prevent this type of theories in the first place?

Then again, because of this, that entire "box"-theory becomes moot. Because that's ultimately what's spawned this theory in the first place. So the wise thing would be to just say "It's not going to be any PS2 coverage at FF". Which MUST mean that there'll be PS2 news at FF. Period!

(I'm getting confused, I shouldn't think..)
Its like schrodingers cat. As long as we dont see the event yet, there is both news and no news of ps2 at the same time!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion