SOE Fan Faire and Planetside 2? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: like hot lesbian action without the hot lesbians!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-18, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: SOE Fan Faire and Planetside 2?

Originally Posted by Naeadil View Post
i wonder if PS2 will have third person..
I hope it doesnt while on foot. Obviously needed for vehicles. But its just too much of an advantage on foot to not constantly switch back and forth between the views which is not good gameplay. Either needs to be fully playable in 3rd person like gears of war or strictly 1st person only so you dont "cheat" with 3rd person constantly to get an advantage seeing around corners or obstacles.

Maybe a lean button, but somethin that requires you to actually take a risk to look around corners, not the psychic style you get from 3rd person view. Unless i can stay in that view to fight too.
Old 2011-06-18, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Bleh, don't start the whole 3rd person debate again...
Old 2011-06-18, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Lunarchild View Post
Hah, by that argument you'd be saying SOE is brilliant when it comes to efficiency in PR
No, because it only works on some guys that already know about the game. It's still epic fail PR for the most part.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Shogun
Contributor
General

how exciting! another announcement of an announcement! yeah, seems to be THE BIG THING this year.

do you think this announcement will finally be about the game? or just about the next announcement of another announcement?
that´s if they even manage to announce this announement as announced.
Old 2011-06-19, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Bleh, don't start the whole 3rd person debate again...

Aww but I so want to mention that no Battlefield 3 trailer has yet shown third person controls for vehicles. I really want to say that arcade vehicle controls are entirely unnecessary and a war crime if third person view is included again for Infantry. But I wont in the interest of staying on topic.

Speaking of which I don't see why they would choose to show stuff at Fan Faire. Just weeks after E3 when they had a booth an could have shown the world with much bigger media coverage. Maybe its because they don't have very much to show an will just be telling us a few minor things an nothing big like trailers or any of that. Still gives the impression the game is over a year away to me.
Old 2011-06-19, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Hotohori
Private

Can't wait for the news about Planetside 2 at Fan Faire, hopefully is enough info to feed my needs. I can feel the win in this game already, but I dont wanna hype myself up and jinx it. :P
Old 2011-06-19, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Speaking of which I don't see why they would choose to show stuff at Fan Faire. Just weeks after E3 when they had a booth an could have shown the world with much bigger media coverage. Maybe its because they don't have very much to show an will just be telling us a few minor things an nothing big like trailers or any of that. Still gives the impression the game is over a year away to me.
My guess is its not a huge announcement with much to show and/or they wanted to get more done or it wasnt ready to show at E3. Or they are tryin to up the popularity of their pretty pathetic convention.
Old 2011-06-19, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
My guess is its not a huge announcement with much to show and/or they wanted to get more done or it wasnt ready to show at E3. Or they are tryin to up the popularity of their pretty pathetic convention.
Aye, it's really up to how Smedley himself defines a "big announcement". It could be the announcement of the actual game itself that we haven't really seen thus far. Or it could be of some new interesting feature, Beta date, etc.

It's impossible to expect anything at this point, we'd better just sit back and relax and take whatever comes for us at FF, big or small.
Old 2011-06-19, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Dorest0rm
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

"Were working on it"

"Thanks for visiting fan faire '11 see you next year!"
Old 2011-06-19, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dorest0rm View Post
"Were working on it"

"Thanks for visiting fan faire '11 see you next year!"
lol,

If that were to happen, I bet all of us would be stuck with even more than just our balls in the drawer, which again, would be kicked shut by SOE.
Old 2011-06-20, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
how exciting! another announcement of an announcement! yeah, seems to be THE BIG THING this year.

do you think this announcement will finally be about the game? or just about the next announcement of another announcement?
that´s if they even manage to announce this announement as announced.
I agree. The announcement for this announcement to only give another announcement about an announcement is kinda crappy. At the same time we are all just stoked to hear something!
Old 2011-06-20, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Raymac
Brigadier General

I actually had the pessimistic side of me jump in with a couple of ideas. I'm starting to think this announcement of an announcement is primarily to try to get some Planetside players to Fan Faire. They'll get a few hundred buck out of us and just say "Planetside 2 will be released in Spring of 2012!" Then they will push back the release date when they arn't ready.

-OR-

Smed will just announce, "There will be no Planetside sequel. However, on your deathbeds, you will receive total consciousness. So you have that going for you...which is nice."
Old 2011-06-20, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Shogun
Contributor
General

didn´t the guy who wrote us this nice producers letter promise to keep us updated about ps:n "in the next weeks"? what happened to all the info that was supposed to be presented to planetside universe exclusively?
Old 2011-06-20, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Main thing I want at this stage is for them to officially announce the bloody game.
Old 2011-06-20, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I imagine it's the official game announcement.
Perhaps some indication of the larger things they're doing differently from the original.

"next weeks" is hardly a specific time frame. Plurals, man, how do they work?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion