Battlefield Premium - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: More fun than a barrel of monkeys dumped in a shark tank.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-06-21, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Battlefield Premium

Lol this turned into a flame war.
Old 2012-06-22, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
What's this about an AC-130? I'm not interested if it's not player drivable/gunnable.

Edit NVM, not interested, screenies show you can only gun it.
AC-130 will be on rails only hold 2 people.......not consistent with the original BF franchise per much of BF3.
Old 2012-06-22, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

In regard to Premium the problem is not the economics of it but rather they have fractured the customer base pretty dramatically with this offer. Now for those who have not/will not buy Premuim there are a fraction of servers availible to play on and that will only shrink until the vanilla game is dead completely which won't take long....even though it is trending that way anyhow.

Not to mention BF3 needs some balance work and the some ofthe Premium weapons such as the AUG are over powered a bit and glitched with a smoke grenade problem that gives the Premium player an advantage against vanilla players. Regardless of the intent vanilla players are growing irritated when killed by a Premium player with a Premium gun because the vanilla player doubts the gun is balanced even if it is because they do not have access to it.

Basically DICE/EA is forcing the vanilla customers to lay down another $50 or they will not be able to play anywhere. Basically breaking the product for non-Premium customers and pushing customers away.
Old 2012-06-22, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

You do not need to be a premium member to play on DLC maps, you just need to buy said DLC pack you would like to play. Premium itself doesn't offer anything exclusive other than camo, a knife, dogtags, stat reset.. Basicly pointless stuff.
What it does do is make DLC packs available to premium members two weeks before everyone else, which does split the community for a time. It also gives you priority access in server queues, something I do not agree with.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-06-22 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Premium Members have access to all map packs so if servers want to be full they will be running all map packs notjsut vanilla maps. Right now the server options are either vanilla with B2K maps and or CQ maps. Thus leaving strickly vanilla players with limited options.

For example when I search for servers now I get 30 options vs. over 100 options before CQ was released. Of the 30 options now only about 5 are running maps I like vs 35 to 50 pre CQ.

By not spending $50 to play small maps I don't like my gaming options have shrunk considerably. In some regards it's like being extorted for more $$ by EA if I want to play what I already spent $$ on.
Old 2012-06-22, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Premium members will only gain access to map packs when they are made ready, they will simply get access to them two weeks before everyone else.
I don't really see why your search options would be different from someone who simply owns close quarters, along with B2K of course, without being a premium member.
I haven't played BF3 for a few weeks now and I don't have close quarters, nor do I plan on buying it, but it seems more like yet another Battlelog server filter problem than anything else.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-06-23 at 03:58 AM.
Old 2012-06-23, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Symmenix
Sergeant

Who cares?

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion