Rocket pods need to do HALF as much damage as they do now.. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Believe it or not, there are GUNS in this game!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-15, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Mathematics
Corporal

Re: Rocket pods need to do HALF as much damage as they do now..

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Kind of a double standard regarding defending against air versus using air.
This thread is specifically about an possible imbalance regarding air's abilities. I gave specific examples on how to counter the very thing in question. Not a double standard by any stretch.
Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
Anyways, you seem to discount everything not centrally focused around "organized" outfits. Frankly, that's a bit naive and arrogant; you should appreciate everyone's viewpoints as this game doesn't solely revolve around outfits and macro balancing as people (or individuals) will always find ways to take advantage of the highs and lows this type of balancing leaves in.
When virtually every suggestion regarding success in this game involves getting organized, how is it naive or arrogant to suggest that this game is balanced around such an idea? When the developers themselves indicate that organization is important to success in the game, it's clear that organization is one of the ideas around which the game is designed. Therefore, it's neither arrogant nor naive to suggest getting organized. I'm simply giving advice on how to enjoy the game the way the developers intended.
Old 2012-12-15, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Mathematics
Corporal

Originally Posted by FreeSpeech View Post
it's more that his best argument is "you're playing with idiots"
I didn't say you were playing with idiots. I said you need to do things differently.
- so hold up - an airship which is easy to pilot, can auto kill a guy in 1-2 hits with a mass rapid fire, high unlimited ammo rocket pod available to any random noob is ok, as long as there's a specific, unique, un-common way to "POSSIBLY" defend yourself that must be undertaken by organized groups on Teamspeak or something...............riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, nice try buddy.
Teamspeak is not a requirement to grab a sundy and deploy it at a specific location, nor is this an "un-common" way to deal with needing MAX support. Does it really surprise you that tactics are "specific" and "unique" ways to combat enemies? All I see in threads like this are people complaining after trying nothing and being all out of ideas.

And you say tools, I see one tool so far - the 2 maxes you mentioned which not only requires a Sunderer which despite your claim isn't always the case
It does not only require a sunderer. Redeploy back to your warpgate, visit a terminal, deploy as MAX, hop in a Galaxy and fly back to location. Is this ideal? Probably not, but when you aren't playing with people who will listen, you are going to have to resort to less-than-ideal strategies.

- they do have a cooldown and cost resources you know, but also requires 2-3 people to be in constant communication, agree with each other (ever tried getting people to listen to instructions?) and then possibly survive long enough vs everything else that is shooting at them, to take them down, while all the TR guy has to do is basically go "terminal, ship, rockets, hover, shoot, 3 kills, done, rinse, repeat" by himself.

If you honestly aren't able to get 2 people on the ENTIRE MAP to respond to a "Need AA support at location <x>", then I'm afraid your problems extend far beyond rocketpods. Also, MAXs aren't the only option to deal with air, as I've already said. But keep covering your ears and ignoring perfectly viable suggestions. It seems like you're just wanting to vent, and that's fine I guess.

Last edited by Mathematics; 2012-12-15 at 02:37 PM.
Old 2012-12-15, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
When virtually every suggestion regarding success in this game involves getting organized, how is it naive or arrogant to suggest that this game is balanced around such an idea? When the developers themselves indicate that organization is important to success in the game, it's clear that organization is one of the ideas around which the game is designed. Therefore, it's neither arrogant nor naive to suggest getting organized. I'm simply giving advice on how to enjoy the game the way the developers intended.
I get what you're saying. You need teamwork to win a team base game, even more so when that game is an all out war in just about every since of the word.

Troops can't do much of anything alone. Every class has a role and needs to play as it for the team to win.
Flashes are as fast as a rabbit with its tail of fire. Cost is being open to be killed by anything.
Sundies are the main force needed to keep in a fight. Without a sundy one can't win a war without massive losses. Costs are being the number 1 target and having a big ass.
Lightnings can have power if they want it (HE, skyguard) but at a cost of effectiveness in other roles and will always have low HP.
MBTs need 2 people to be at full power. Better versions of a lightning in just about every way at costs depended of the faction.
Libbies need 3 men to be at full power. They can rain hell from up high and suppress an area easy. Cost is the need for a least a 2nd person or it'll never be able to use the main gun without crashing.
Gal is transport. They have 4 guns but are HUGE slow targets.

Everything has a cost that needs others to help overcome, but ESFs. The ESF is the only thing that can solo tens of troops, multiple vhicles, and still be able to fight off other air all at once. Once an ESF gets rocketpods they become a killing god without any cost added to them for such power. Everything needs to have teamwork to live and do their jobs but ESFs. How is that right? Please answer these questions for an ESF and all other classes/vehicles and you'll see just how much an ESF stands out from the rest.

What am I weak against?
What am I strong against?
When choosing another weapon, what am I giving up?
What do I need to fight that target?
Do I need help for this target?
Is it a risk attacking that target?
Old 2012-12-15, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Beerbeer
Major

Macro balancing works well in a perfect world, on paper, but it's rarely like that, ever, and clever people will always take full advantage of the finite inequities built into such a scheme.

These people see the edge and weakness and go full bore.

Like the organized ground defense AA VS lone wolf air. So unorganized ground defense AA VS lone wolf air won't work? You're right, it rarely does, but do you see the inequality?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion