News: Video of GDC Media Event - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fact or Myth: Vanu Blood is purple.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-06, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Re: Video of GDC Media Event

Loved everything except for the tanks. I was disapointed that driving that vanguard looked just like driving a lighting in PS1.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by OnlinePirate View Post
Anyone else not like the killcam?
I hate it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-06, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
MpS
Private

Yea, I really hate the idea of a killcam, even though the way it was implemented wasn't as bad as I was expecting its still something I really don't want to see in game.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
MonsterBone
First Sergeant

With the kill cam you kind of miss your own death. Camera should show your own death BUT the camera has to snap to the direction of the killer. I really hate it when there is no way to know who killed you.

Should have the name of the killer on the screen for sure.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
VanuMAXGuy
Banned

Kill cam shows up to quickly. I want to see my dead body.... and also turn off kill cam entirely.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
Snowfake
Private

Looking nice but I expect it to be more like BF than PS.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Reslly glad you guys sre liking what you see, it means a lot to us.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to be the pessimistic one here.

Very disappointed with the videos. They showed some of the minor things I was interested in, but glossed over the major issues I have. The big changes you've made. Namely infantry combat.

Nothing about how rezing works. How much a player can rez, how quick it is.

How does this 'resupply' thing work? Does it just sit on the ground giving tons of ammo for a set period of time?

Why was he able to respawn on the squad leader INSIDE the base? I thought (And I hope to hell) they were unspawnable on within a bases SOI. I'm guessing (And hoping) that you just haven't gotten in the drop pod's for spawning yet.

The impression I got from this footage is infantry combat is BF2-3 copy pasted, and that is NOT a good thing. I'm hoping that by the time beta comes around it isn't... if nothing else, spawning on a squad leader MUST not be viable inside a base, or in it's courtyard, or it's just going to be BF3 all over again.

Last edited by Shade Millith; 2012-03-06 at 10:41 PM.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
NEWSKIS
Corporal

I don't know why the game needs a kill cam. In the original PS you had to figure it out yourself and guess the probable place the enemy was. If you could easily figure that out with a little playtime in the first game why does that info need to be spoon fed to people who couldnt be bothered with situational awareness. The only other reason I can think of for that to add it is to get rid of the whiny 8 year olds who cry hacker every time they die.

I liked the original death cam. The spinning view of your corpse after you died.

Last edited by NEWSKIS; 2012-03-06 at 10:42 PM.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Biscuit
Sergeant

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
This thread makes me happy Thanks for all the kind words guys, we are all working our asses off to make sure this game is the best.

Thanks again.
Your Team has nailed it, undisputed.

nothing can be perfect, but what we saw was quite enough to get people talking about the game, and to have other companies to step their game up if they want to run the MMOFPS gauntlet.

you guys, as far as exposure and acknowledgement goes, are the reigning champs. and your showing what it takes to be called a MMOFPS.

Keep showing the other companies who's boss!!!

get rid of killcam
Old 2012-03-06, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
OnlinePirate
Private

Yea I agree, the killcam jumps to your killer way too quick. I prefer the game just shows your dead body.

Also I saw one of the spawn points was named 'GDC Galaxy spawn'. Does this mean we have the ability to name our spawn points? That would be awesome.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Boogster
Private

Originally Posted by Shade Millith View Post

Very disappointed with the videos. They showed some of the minor things I was interested in, but glossed over the major issues I have. The big changes you've made. Namely infantry combat.

How does this 'resupply' thing work? Does it just sit on the ground giving tons of ammo for a set period of time?

Why was he able to respawn on the squad leader INSIDE the base? I thought (And I hope to hell) they were unspawnable on within a bases SOI. I'm guessing (And hoping) that you just haven't gotten in the drop pod's for spawning yet.

The impression I got from this footage is infantry combat is BF2-3 copy pasted, and that is NOT a good thing. I'm hoping that by the time beta comes around it isn't... if nothing else, spawning on a squad leader MUST not be viable inside a base, or in it's courtyard, or it's just going to be BF3 all over again.
The major issues, you say? These are fairly nitpicky concerns - important, sure, but not fundamental. If you're giving a game its first public airing you're not going to foreground the finer details of gameplay, you're going to want to give the big picture.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
VanuMAXGuy
Banned

Originally Posted by OnlinePirate View Post
Yea I agree, the killcam jumps to your killer way too quick. I prefer the game just shows your dead body.

Also I saw one of the spawn points was named 'GDC Galaxy spawn'. Does this mean we have the ability to name our spawn points? That would be awesome.
I would name mine "Free Cake" and place it on top of a tall pillar with little room to walk around.
Old 2012-03-06, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Jimmuc
Corporal

Originally Posted by NEWSKIS View Post
I liked the original death cam. The spinning view of your corpse after you died.
going to agree. either use the PS1 death cam or one where you get shown your killers name, outfit, battle rank, empire, maybe class, and a picture of his/her head after you respawn. only other one i'd agree too

other than that besides seeing some quirky graphic issues and so forth, i found the footage to be pretty good. game wise like above fix the kill cam or remove and game needs more ground vehicle variety still. also would like to see more about the prowler and vanguard's secondary weapons.. unless i missed them

Last edited by Jimmuc; 2012-03-06 at 10:56 PM. Reason: accidental button hitting
Old 2012-03-06, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
cellinaire
Captain

Lag? Understandable.
(MMOFPS + still before Beta + they said very recently that they have so much optimization to do even now + Internet connection + possible computer issue...etc )

The only thing which irked me a bit was that kill-cam(6~7 seconds), but from what I saw they shouldn't be of much concern as you guys talked about.
Do I want it to be removed? Yes.
Do I think it will affect my performance and gameplay that badly? No. Well, maybe noobz would say Yes to this question....who knows..

And these videos? Pure AWESOMENESS!!
Old 2012-03-06, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by Shade Millith View Post

Hahaha. Are they originally supposed to show what you're talking about in GDC2012?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion