Ammo changes posted! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Tastes a bit like chicken
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-04, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
EarlyDawn
Major General

Ammo changes posted!

Originally Posted by SmokeJumperPS
Actually, the ammo pass started because we realized that some weapons ran out of ammo VERY quickly in the field (Rocklet) and some weapons never seemed to EVER run out of ammo (Shotguns). That got us started looking around to figure out the balance of "battlefield potential". That was a measure of balancing the total amount of damage you could do with the ammo in your inventory versus the amount of time you could stay in the battlefield without rearming yourself.
Tricky balancing, but it showed some obvious things that needed work. (And which we've fixed.)

Anyway...here's some numbers for you. (Not everything is listed here. This is just skimming the top of the changes.)

==============================
Hand-Held Ammo Changes

* Rocklet: Old - 6; New - 15 (per ammo box). Rocklet users won't run out of shells so fast. Makes the weapon more attractive. (This also enhances the Punisher.)

* Thumper: Old - 6; New - 12 (per ammo box). Allows more variety in what grenades to carry because you can carry more of them. By loosening up inventory, this makes this weapon more useful. (This also enhances the Punisher.)

* Bolt Driver: Old - 5; New - 10 (per ammo box). Snipers can stay out in the field longer. They won't feel so required to bring an AMS out with them when going sniping because they can carry twice as much ammo now as previously.

* Striker: Old - 5; New - 15 (per ammo box).
* Phoenix: Old - 3; New - 9 (per ammo box).
* Lancer: Old - 6; New - 18 (per ammo box).
The AV weapons suffered from not being able to carry enough ammunition for the player to feel like they were effective in the field. By the time they fired all their ordnance, they had only killed a couple things. This helps in that regard. (NOTE: In no way is this intended as a major AV buff. This just resolves a specific issue. Don't even bother typing the words "that's not enough of a buff for AV". ; )

* Hand Grenades: Now come in clips of three. Yes, Virginia...there is a Santa. Infiltrators, rejoice. Same inventory requirement, but instead of one grenade, you get three.

* Shotgun shells: Old - 30; New - 16 (per ammo box). Shotguns were vastly overpowered in terms of damage potential for the load carried and how long the user could stay afield using that ammo. This brings it back down into balance. (But it just brings them down to about the same damage potential and inventory requirements as other weapons...it's not really much of a nerf.)

=================================
Vehicle Weapon Clip Size Changes
NOTE: Most of these are *downward* changes, which forces you to reload more often. This seems like a nerf, but it's not much of one. You just have to reload once in a while now. The real BUFF that's coming is seen below in the Vehicle Ammo Box Size Changes section. Trust me...it's good.

Basilisk: Was 250, now 100
Deliverer: Was 250, now 100
Harasser: Was 250, now 150
Liberator (rear gun only): Was 250, now 150
Lightning (20mm only): Was 250, now 150
Magrider (PPA only): Was 250, now 150
Marauder (GroundPounder): Was 20, NOW 50!!!
Marauder (12mm): Was 250, now 150
Mosquito: Was 250, now 150
Prowler: (machinegun only): Was 250, now 200.
Vanguard: (machinegun only): Was 250, now 200.

Vehicle Ammo Box Size Changes
==================================
These are the changes that will let you spray more lead around and stay in the field longer.

* 20mm ammo: Was 100, now 200. (affects Basilisk, Deliverer Lightning, Skyguard, Vanguard)

* 12mm ammo: Was 100, now 300. (affects Harasser, Mosquito, Prowler, Marauder).

* Liberator bombs: Was 10, now 20.

* 25mm (Liberator tailgun): Was 100, now 150.

* GroundPounder: Was 50, now 100.

* Flux cannon: Was 50, now 150.

* 150mm cannon: Was 100, now 50. (Yes...this is a nerf. Go ahead and post about it. *sigh*) The Vanguard's ammo supply was far, far in advance of its other-Empire competitors. This is balanced out now.

===================================
Whew. Okay...that's long enough for one post.

I'll be reading your replies. Thanks (in advance) for your comments. I hope you like the changes, but if you don't, I'm sure you'll let us know.
Link

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2004-02-04 at 04:37 PM.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by SmokeJumperPS
Other changes coming include:
* TR MAX Dual-Cycler is now Anti-Infantry.

* TR MAX Pounder is now Anti-Vehicle. It's projectiles have been given extra accelerant and now fire in a flatter, longer trajectory with higher projectile velocity. The warheads have been changed to punch through armor. The Pounder is now sort of almost a light tank cannon now.

* Lancer: Reduced the COF enlargement caused by turning. It's projectile speed is slightly faster as well. This allows it to be more accurate and lets the Lancer capitalize on its "direct-line of fire" capability, making it more effective.

* VS MAX (all): The COF of VS MAXs doesn't enlarge as quickly now while jumping. This allows them to more easily utilize their weaponry while in the air.

* TR MAX (all): Anchoring and unanchoring is *slightly* faster now. This reduces the vulnerability window for those MAXs while anchored.

* Decimator moved to AV.

* Maelstrom grenade now costs 10 energy instead of 5 energy to fire. The original cost was too low for balance. That became obvious during the balance pass.

* Hand-held AT weapons are getting "recharge capacitor units" (read that as "ammo") that you can buy at AT equip terms or at facilities with the Equipment Terminal module benefit. This allows them to be recharged in the field, making these weapons more attractive.

* TR Burster will only do direct damage to non-aircraft targets. No more spamming the infantry with it. You can still kill tanks and infantry...but not with those huge explosions.

* Jackhammer is getting an automatic relaod after firing its tri-barrel shot. This reload can't be avoided. It's the drawback to the gigantic damage caused by the tri-barrel. Fire the tri-barrel, then wait for reload before you can fire again.

SPECIAL NOTE: Not all of these changes listed here will be in the same patch. I'm just listing them for a completeness view. The patch in QA currently has NONE of these changes. You'll start seeing them in the next patch thereafter.
Nice Pounder changes
Old 2004-02-04, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Wow
Old 2004-02-04, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Nice!
Old 2004-02-04, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Wow, time to actually re-create my infil favorite with nothing but grenades. Now it will actually be possible to have fun for a period of time without running out of ammo after just a couple of kills.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChemicalHex
Private

Excellent!
Old 2004-02-04, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Fuckin.

Rock.

On.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Yay! For Vanu! The Future is PURPLE!

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EarlyDawn
Major General

Nvm.

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2004-02-04 at 04:38 PM.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Purple as in, your face turns purple when the Red-and-Black strangle you all with our balance *AND* better organization.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Now all we have to complain about is: When. are. the. patches. COMING?! >.<

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

YEAHHHWAWHRKWAHF!!!

Now i have more sniper ammo and can do more vech damage, and can carry monre nades! (liek he said it isn't enough of an AV buff but its relay on the way)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

TR Burster will only do direct damage to non-aircraft targets. No more spamming the infantry with it. You can still kill tanks and infantry...but not with those huge explosions.
That fucking sucks. I loved that max...now its going to be total shit. You know how hard it is to hit infantry with that thing? Not to mention you cant be within 7 meters! THATS GAY...If this happens why doesn't the sparrow lose its splash damage?!

Edit: BTW I love the other changes...this one just pissed me off.
Old 2004-02-04, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ViperGTS
Banned

Holy shit....this make me want to re subscribe.........and thats a big thing because I have to play with 256 ram......
Old 2004-02-04, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Red October
Second Lieutenant

I thought this was refering to Cows...

But as for the ammo change....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion