What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside - the perfect alternative to a girlfriend
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-31, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2?

What is your #1 balance issue right now in PlanetSide 2? Obviously it's a beta game and there's a lot to accomplish still but there are some glaring balance issues already. What are your #1 Concerns?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-08-31, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: What is your #1 Balance issue in PlanetSide 2?

Some people say the TR are OP :P

But personally I can't say for sure. Perhaps the Scythe could use a boost?
Old 2012-08-31, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kerafyrm
Private

I would have to say I worry for the VS as their weapons suck right now compared to TR and NC and it's no different then how Planetside 1 was TR and NC weapons were better back then also and still are now... It's pretty lame but whatever I don't plan on switching factions because of it but this day in age for Planetside 2 if Vanu never get fixed it's going to end up being a huge problem as now days people will quit for reasons like one faction being underpowered or they will all simply reroll another faction (that has the current most powerful weapon just like MMOs people roll the most OP class at the time period.)

VS sniper is a joke its so bad I don't even want to talk about it. I laugh at them saying Vanu have less recoil and no bullet drop because both are simply not that true we have bullet drop and lots of recoil. However all weapons and attachments can't be used yet so who knows really VS might be stupid overpowered when other weapons can be used. But anyways you would think that a faction that is obsessed with alien technology would be better.

Also another problem I see is when people are looking at the servers for what server to pick and so on well most people now days will pick the server and the faction that is owning most. You shouldn't even let people see who's faction is most populated why would anyone pick VS it's the lowest population on every server right? Seriously if the game was retail and new people were starting the game and picking their server and saw for example the populations saying something like this VS 20% TR 40% NC 40% doesn't that put the idea in your head that that one faction really sucks and they must get owned all day?
Old 2012-08-31, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

My biggest issue thus far is zurvan. Seems that 90% of people don't even know how the generators work - I don't blame them, nothing in game to tell them - thus making even getting in to fight ridiculous.

All in all, I love the game, I do, but the game is rarely coming down to fighting.

Also, it's waaayyyyy too easy to shut down galaxies. They should be more common, or stronger. Maybe this will be fixed with certs, but it seems that there are so many AA cannons there isn't anywhere to land, and with the new build, foot/vehicle assaults aren't nearly as cool on a large scale.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kerafyrm
Private

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Some people say the TR are OP :P

But personally I can't say for sure. Perhaps the Scythe could use a boost?
I honestly don't think the Scythe needs a boots I think we need our certs to increase how the thing will handel better however ive been in dogfights with the mosquito and I sware that thing can fucking handel way better currently even with no certs than the Scythe and I can only imagine it's even better with certs.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kromatic
Private

I totally second what Kera mentioned. VS is so weak right now compared to the other Empires. It makes it hard to play cuz you're always dying every 5 seconds. I do hope they get a bit of a buff. Hopefully Certs can fix some of these issues.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Blue Sam
Corporal

The current OP nature of A2A missiles, though that should be fixed quickly enough once flares are in.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chief W
Private

The NC are getting too much favor. The devs have given NC such good PR that the TR and VS suffer because of it. NC consistently have 50%+ presence on West 02, and usually control most of the map.

Marketing strategy:
TR = Fascists
VS = Cultists
NC = Brave kick-ass freedom fighters, heroes, embodiment of awesomeness
Old 2012-08-31, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Boone
Sergeant

vs hit like sissies add burn affect ala dot in mmos or just buff em

all vids you just see tr vs nc....no fun.

Last edited by Boone; 2012-08-31 at 11:01 AM.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Saxywolf
Private

Gimping of the Vanu tank.

In Planetside, most drivers would simply ignore their cannon unless there was a target of opportunity. You're much more effective as a tank if you avoid enemy fire while you let the main gunner shoot targets.

It simply doesn't make sense to be facing the enemy. While you'd be able to move toward them quickly, that effectively makes you a stationary target. Strafing never made much difference as is was slow enough and changing strafe direction was not fast enough to be able to make it at all difficult to lead you as a target, plus you couldn't see where you were going. You couldn't fit between many obstacles going sideways. You couldn't quickly turn to see where you were going and then turn back to fire at the enemy.

i.e. It was bad enough using two people for a tank that effectively had a single gun. Now the tank's main gun is in the hands of the person who can't aim it at the enemy?

[edit]Ok, so the tank hasn't been gimped... And, I'm not a fan of the driver gets the main gun setup (or a gun at all), but this setup affects the MAG more then any other tank because the main gun is restricted.[/edit]

Last edited by Saxywolf; 2012-09-19 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Too be completely honest, I have never wanted a lock-on A2A missle in the game. Let the Dogs dogfight!

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-08-31, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mordicant
Sergeant

Maxes. Bring back revive on maxes. And add either resource cost or timer.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kerafyrm
Private

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
My biggest issue thus far is zurvan. Seems that 90% of people don't even know how the generators work - I don't blame them, nothing in game to tell them - thus making even getting in to fight ridiculous.
I agree maybe if more people knew about the generators it would be easier to attack but right now currently the base is what I would call a turtle base (extremely easy to defend and rack up kills) and there is no fucking point in attacking it but yet on the server im on every faction is there all fucking day long and its retarded but if you want a lot action its almost like you HAVE to go there. Oh and one more thing the console you take over that's in the middle underground that only has TWO ways in is so easy for a bunch of engineers to set up camp on both sides and then there is no way anything can get in with 6 turrets lighting up both sides. You say grenades or rockets to kill them? I say 2 medics can keep them all alive.

Originally Posted by Saxywolf View Post
Gimping of the Vanu tank.

In Planetside, most drivers would simply ignore their cannon unless there was a target of opportunity. You're much more effective as a tank if you avoid enemy fire while you let the main gunner shoot targets.

It simply doesn't make sense to be facing the enemy. While you'd be able to move toward them quickly, that effectively makes you a stationary target. Strafing never made much difference as is was slow enough and changing strafe direction was not fast enough to be able to make it at all difficult to lead you as a target, plus you couldn't see where you were going. You couldn't fit between many obstacles going sideways. You couldn't quickly turn to see where you were going and then turn back to fire at the enemy.

i.e. It was bad enough using two people for a tank that effectively had a single gun. Now the tank's main gun is in the hands of the person who can't aim it at the enemy?
Vanu are "supposed" to be the most "maneuverable" faction and no this is also not true lol the Vanguard and Prowler can move and shoot you at a faster rate then the mag can strafe or fucking even turn at that. A faction using alien technology simply wouldn't even design a tank like that seriously who puts the main gun where it is on that tank. Who the fuck designed this tank? Im glad you don't work for our military in real life. Its so awesome dragging my mouse across my huge mouse pad so many times just to get the stupid thing to turn. However one of our secondary weapons we can add onto the Magrider is extremely powerful and way better then the main gun also so your better off unlocking that and putting it on the Magrider then sitting some where and switching to the gunner seat and use that.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Air to ground rocket spam. No question. Aircraft should not be able to take out a tank in one pass with rockets. It's just ridiculous. In PS1 the reaver had to reload MANY times to kill a tank. Now, if an aircraft with rockets sees your tank, you might as well just kill yourself now, because there's nothing you can do to stop your imminent death in 3 seconds.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
VoodooJanus
Private

I'd increase the strafing speed of the Magrider. As is, it's barely an advantage, but the tank as a whole still suffers compared to the other two factions' tanks.

The Scythe also needs a maneuverability boost. The terran Mosquito can be more maneuverable.

The problem is that the Vanu's advantages are supposed to be maneuverability and no bulletdrop/recoil (which seems to be not the case from the weapons I used) but the game seems to have half-assed it a bit. A tiny bit more maneuverable is not enough to offset the armor/firepower of the NC or the raw speed of the TR. If that is what the Vanu's advantage is going to be, then it has to be as noticeable as the other two factions' advantages.

I've also noticed that whoever controls the northern warpgate tends to hold the northern half of the map, probably due to the natural barrier presented by the cliff. Even with vanu in the state that it is in was able to hold it pretty reliably.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion