News: New Don Ferrone Music for Planetside 2... - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your quote is denied.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-22, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: New Don Ferrone Music for Planetside 2...

I too really liked the last 30 seconds of the first demo video. Hardcore awesome that was.

I also wouldn't worry about it not making into the game, swapping music files is easy. However, if they had already made a music contract with someone else then that's another story, but I can't imagine them doing that without at least contacting the guy who did such a great job for them in the first one. I expect that they put out a request for some samples and Don did so. Might be a time window for submissions and then they take them all and see what they like and then work out a deal. They could very well just be using stand-in music for now (like PS1 music) or none at all.
Old 2011-08-23, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
ikon
Master Sergeant

soo great

can't wait for more from him
Old 2011-08-23, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

Truth be told with so many new changes being implemented in PlanetSide 2 such as increased weapon lethality, killing sprees, resource system, veteran power advantage, etc, I think one of the key things that would retain that sense of PlanetSide "feel" would be if the same guy did the music.

He knows how to set the mood for this universe quite well.
Old 2011-08-23, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

PS1's music was amazing and one of the most memorable aspects of the game. 8 years on and it still feels as good as The first time I heard it - that shows real talent.

The title music is simply awe inspiring and really sucks you into the enormity of the game.

I really hope Don's music is chosen for Planetside 2, it wouldn't be the same without it.
Old 2011-08-26, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Wizkid45
Private

First off, I wouldn't want anyone else but Don to compose the music for PSide 2, its just from what we've seen so far it doesnt feel as powerful. Yes it sounds nice, but it doesn't penetrate your soul like the music in PSide 1 does. Comparing the intro/opening music: his new one submitted for PSide 2 is just too calm, too mellow, not powerful enough compared to the original PSide. The current PSide 1 intro can send chills down my spine but I got bored listening to the submitted PSide 2 intro. All these submissions seem like music you would use in a movie/video, not background music in the game. Too calm in some spots but then way too active in others, not consistent how the current music is. Just my opinion.

None of what I saw for PSide 2 can compare to original stuff like this:

Just a few of the epic music we know and love. This guy has a bunch on his channel, take a moment and listen to a few of them now as your not in game:
http://www.youtube.com/user/madMike2...19D5813A76D60C

Last edited by Wizkid45; 2011-08-26 at 11:07 AM.
Old 2011-08-27, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Wizkid45 View Post
First off, I wouldn't want anyone else but Don to compose the music for PSide 2, its just from what we've seen so far it doesnt feel as powerful. Yes it sounds nice, but it doesn't penetrate your soul like the music in PSide 1 does. Comparing the intro/opening music: his new one submitted for PSide 2 is just too calm, too mellow, not powerful enough compared to the original PSide. The current PSide 1 intro can send chills down my spine but I got bored listening to the submitted PSide 2 intro. All these submissions seem like music you would use in a movie/video, not background music in the game. Too calm in some spots but then way too active in others, not consistent how the current music is. Just my opinion.

None of what I saw for PSide 2 can compare to original stuff like this:
<snip>
Then again, they're only the first demos. There will likely be many changes up till the final version
Old 2011-08-27, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
NlightN
Private

Not only that but, without knowing anything specific about the geographical layouts of the game, how can you say any of these tracks aren't fitting.

That calm and that mellowness could be a perfect fit for possibley a barren, desertlike region that they might be implementing.
Old 2011-09-09, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

LINK! NAW!
Old 2011-09-09, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
bjorntju1
Captain

I think this is the one:
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-09, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

He said links, as in plural. Are there more?

And Duke, jesus man you should know better than to ask just link them! We all want to hear them!!
Old 2011-09-10, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
He said links, as in plural. Are there more?
No, the newest track after that one is from 2 weeks ago.
Old 2011-09-11, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
duck
Sergeant

Please, we want Don Ferrone music in Planetside 2!!
One of the best things about Planetside 1 was the music.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion