Something im worried about. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better Red Than Dead!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-12, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Antihero
Private

Re: Something im worried about.

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
horrid Idea. As a person who work's night's id rather fight on a massive field then play on a small map cause i work night's. I doubt server's will ever reach less then 3000 people at one time anyway and small tactical fight's are part of this game as well so no we won't be doing that least I hope not
Yea! I LOVE going behind enemy lines or engaging in a small battles for a tower. Restricting player freedom would kill the game.
Old 2012-08-12, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Hunterzen
Corporal

Originally Posted by Cyrane View Post
The OP mentions 1000 people standing on the walls of a fort defending it etc.. sort of like in Planetside 1. However what is preventing people from just running all over a base without proper walls or other defenses stopping them, from the footage I have seen so far there seems to be a noticeable lack of walls or other defenses that prevent people from running all over the place.

Hopefully Smed is still reading this thread and could give us some insight, or any of the other people in this thread of course
I agree that what I've seen so far of the base designs I don't like that much there's no sense of castle like defenses of people defending walls, and only a few entrances, but in fairness I think we haven't seen most of the base designs. I would like to see the PS2 bases resemble more of the PS1 bases.
Old 2012-08-12, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Broadside
Sergeant

Trust me when I say that I can neither confirm nor deny that at any given time there is an epic 3-way siege taking place at The Crown. I can also neither confirm nor deny that it's hard to look in any one direction during these battles without seeing huge tank columns getting blanketed by volleys of 105 mm shells from liberators in the face of impregnable AA defenses.

I can neither confirm nor deny that this is the most fun [the lucky players in the beta] have ever had, and that the sunsets in this game look disgustingly beautiful.
Old 2012-08-12, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sick Boy
Private

Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
Trust me when I say that I can neither confirm nor deny that at any given time there is an epic 3-way siege taking place at The Crown. I can also neither confirm nor deny that it's hard to look in any one direction during these battles without seeing huge tank columns getting blanketed by volleys of 105 mm shells from liberators in the face of impregnable AA defenses.

I can neither confirm nor deny that this is the most fun [the lucky players in the beta] have ever had, and that the sunsets in this game look disgustingly beautiful.
what you are neither confirming nor denying sounds awesome
Old 2012-08-12, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Just watch the Higby streams, thats some massive warfare there- and that isn't even organized into outfits; just wait till the release.
Old 2012-08-12, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
BlackOriOn
Contributor
Private

I believe you will see some exquisite battles. With all the veteran players coming from PS1 the game will have a great foundation of experience. Just wait when you see a column of 20 tanks, dozens of reavers and mossies, and a fleet of galaxies fly over all heading for the same base. It brings a tear to your eye.
Old 2012-08-12, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Broadside
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sick Boy View Post
what you are neither confirming nor denying sounds awesome
It does sound quite awesome. Rumor has it that when you swoop in on a huge armor battle in the middle of a canyon and take out a half dozen tanks with one barrage it is the most satisfying feeling you'll ever have in a game. Apparently it looks really pretty too, especially at night.
Old 2012-08-13, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
DiabloTigerSix
Private

Nonsense. The maps might be too small actually. Project Reality has 4x4km maps, only 64 (sometimes 128) players and there's plenty of action when played properly. 2000+ players on 8x8km maps - that's more than 5 times more players per the same amount of space. I'm hoping for some 16x16km maps.

Last edited by DiabloTigerSix; 2012-08-13 at 02:33 AM.
Old 2012-08-13, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Electrofreak View Post
The old servers could only hold a few hundred players at a time (300-something I think?) and the maps were nearly as big, and we had MASSIVE battles. PS2 increases the total player count on a map by many times.

Players tend to gravitate towards large battles, and it tends to snowball... a target-rich environment can make for some pretty sweet kill streaks.

TTK is what has me worried. In PS1, the TTK was long enough that if a few people started shooting at you, you usually had a chance to get your butt behind cover or at least fire back. From what I've seen, the TTK in the Beta seems too short given how many people we're going to be packing into a battlezone.
At the beginning of July it was 600.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion