Scathing criticism at Gamespot - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: everything the official forums aren't.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-01, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

Re: Scathing criticism at Gamespot

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
I agree with this review in regards to the mission system. It should be an instanced round based type battle with overall strategic implications. Will be interesting to see how adjacency meshes with it but yeah the casual players needs some type of mission system to provide a quick and meaningful objective.
This is absolutely the last thing I want in this game. Instances have no place anywhere in Planetside.

I read the RPS article and that one is much better, also the only gaming site I actually trust.
Old 2012-09-01, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Nathaniak
Corporal

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
I agree with this review in regards to the mission system. It should be an instanced round based type battle with overall strategic implications. Will be interesting to see how adjacency meshes with it but yeah the casual players needs some type of mission system to provide a quick and meaningful objective.
Nice trolling, bro...
Old 2012-09-01, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
lawnmower
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
The reviewer obviously has a hard on for CoD just by how he was talking.
lol what
Old 2012-09-01, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by lawnmower View Post
lol what
I know. That was a baffling and outright incorrect statement to me, wierd to see something so straight-up blind from Goku. Nothing in the video to suggest this. The guy in the video sounded pumped and positive about PS2 for the most part. And for those who say he isn't 'qualified' to judge this game, I think the opposite. I think anyone coming in without a huge planetside history and dev team to be attatched to has a more clear opinion than anyone here. Why? He knows whether or not the game is enjoyable, without trying to have fun.

God forbid any responsible journalist make positive suggestions about what a game in beta coud benefit from - especialy after a shitload of praise. I'm so sick of the cliche' of here: "OMG, Don't complain about bugs/shortcomings - it's in beta!". What the hell do you think a beta is for? If people didn't judge, make suggestions and bitch, nothing that really needs fixing would ever actually get fixed.

Also, to all of the dilusional PS1/PS2 diehards - guess what? There actually IS a chance that some things in this game may or may not be the right choices, or perfect.

And remember - and it's best to accept this now - this game could end up totally sucking balls. The gunplay has already lost the favor of a decent part of the community. So whether you like it or hate it, try and be objective, people.
Old 2012-09-01, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
What the hell do you think a beta is for? If people didn't judge, make suggestions and bitch, nothing that really needs fixing would ever actually get fixed.
Bitching doesn't, nor will it ever help. That's the problem, few people seem to know the difference between constructive criticism, and bitching.
Old 2012-09-01, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Sunrock
Major

Well the map is not really that big as they make it sound. At lest it does not feel that big. However it takes about 5 minutes to run 600 meters on foot. And It's usually 500-550 meters between each base. (Notice the MAX unit is running slower then any other unit.)

And that they QQ over that you're not always know where the big fight is. Well that maybe true for the first 4-5 hours you play the first day if you join the game without an outfit. But even as a lone wolf you will learn what base is valuable to take and to defend quickly after you have come over the first "just entered the game for the first time what do I do" feeling.

Tip: BIO labs and and bases that provide Aruixium is always a hot target. Just remember to take and hold the surounding hexes too as that makes the job allot easier.

PS: The big bases is about the same size as a medium size map in BF3. That will say the surrounding aria that it controls... not the buildings

Last edited by Sunrock; 2012-09-01 at 05:57 PM.
Old 2012-09-01, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Nasher
Sergeant

Seriously? Reviewing beta? half the game isn't even finished.

We don't have most of the certs yet, only 1 continent is enabled and most of the squad/outfit content isn't there. They are still working on client stability/performance, that's how early things still are...

The FPS mechanics are already a huge improvement over PS1, which was always known for being quite bad as an FPS.

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-09-01 at 06:02 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion