Uncappable Bases - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's three in the morning. GO TO BED. Nerd.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-11, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Re: Uncappable Bases

Originally Posted by morf View Post
Guys I think we may be jumping the gun here. I understand the concerns but right now, we don't even know what a "continent" is. They have stated "yes we will have multiple continents at launch" - multiple could be 2 or 3. Also they have stated that a continent will support "thousands" of players. If you put thousands of players on a PS1 continent, it's a clusterfuck. Reading between the lines, I'm thinking a continent in PS2 will be HUGE. Perhaps the size of a continent in a game like WoW or even bigger. Having a sanctuary city on the outskirts of something of this scale would hardly make a dent in the map. Maybe instead of locking continents, you'll lock down sub-continents. Sticking with the wow theme, a subcontinent might be the size of say, the barrens. This would be further broken down into smaller control points (a tower here, a facility there, a mine here etc.)

This is complete speculation on my part, just based on the things that they have said regarding continents.
Given that they are bringing back the continents from Planetside 1 + more like Indar makes me feel that there won't be 2-3 megacontinents
Old 2011-07-11, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
morf
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
Given that they are bringing back the continents from Planetside 1 + more like Indar makes me feel that there won't be 2-3 megacontinents
There was a continent named indar in planetside?
Old 2011-07-11, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Marsman
Major

Originally Posted by waldizzo View Post
Didn't they say somewhere that under certain conditions, an area could take an attacking empire 30 minutes to hack while the defending empire could hack it back in 30 seconds?
I believe what you are referring to there was a discussion about back hacking in the new territory system. The lattice network took back hacking away to a great extend. Under the new system, I believe Smed or Matt said one "could" go behind enemy lines and back hack a territory/facility although it might take them 30 minutes to do so, while the controlling empire could simply hack it back in 30 seconds.. or something like that effect.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by morf View Post
There was a continent named indar in planetside?
No, they are making the original continents and adding new ones. That's why I said all the originals + more like Indar, with Indar being an example of the 'more new continents'. Sorry my wording and punctuation was pretty bad.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
morf
First Sergeant

Ah okay gotcha no worries. When did they say they were bringing back the original continents? I think i missed it.
Old 2011-07-11, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Hamma
PSU Admin

Their intent is to add more fight spaces. For example allot more vertical play area where you could fight on a large scaffolding on a mountain/Cliffside as well as things like Hilltops.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion