[Vid] Blue Skies - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: > Planetside.com
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-10, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GrmlZ
Corporal

[Vid] Blue Skies

Hi guys.
I made a new Reaver dogfight montage.
Hope you like.

In case you wonder, the way PS2 does third person cams on ESF annoys me and i was to lazy to learn it, so i just use engine sound to determine enemy ESF`s location.

Older vids:

WASP airborne ops.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ons-vid.66620/

Air Hammer.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...mer-vid.68525/

Gameplay footage // Dogfight Montages // Outfit play ect
http://www.youtube.com/user/GrmlZGaming
Old 2013-01-10, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: [Vid] Blue Skies

Nice vid... You do know you can hold MMB for free look inside the cockpit, right?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-10, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
GrmlZ
Corporal

Indeed i do, but i use a joystick so that does not help me a whole lot.

Old 2013-01-10, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
AThreatToYou
Major

How you can use a joystick to fly is beyond me...

i hear you about engine sound. lol.
also, you use mustang? Second high tier pilot I've seen who uses that... I've trialed it and it just does me no good over vortek.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-01-10 at 04:37 PM.
Old 2013-01-10, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
GrmlZ
Corporal

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
How you can use a joystick to fly is beyond me...
Hm,thats kind of what they are made for.

The vortek is a bit better A2A than the M30, its the dedicated a2a cannon after all.
But the air hammer is a great all round weapon and simply fun to use. It also does bonus damage to sundys and it tears through libs.
However you need some upgrades to its magazine size, the standard 3 rounds dont cut it.

Last edited by GrmlZ; 2013-01-10 at 04:45 PM.
Old 2013-01-10, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by GrmlZ View Post
Hm,thats kind of what they are made for.

The vortek is a bit better A2A than the M30, its the dedicated a2a cannon after all.
But the air hammer is a great all round weapon and simply fun to use. It also does bonus damage to sundys and it tears through libs.
however you need some upgrades to its magazine size, the standard 3 rounds dont cut it.
I've tried using joysticks to fly off and on since 2003 (in games like crysis, battlefield, freespace, descent). They have just never worked out! To each his own I suppose.

I'm still surprised at how the AH performs, up-close the shotgun pattern does seem useful, although the Vortek already tears through libs... not sure how something could tear through libs even more (other than A2G rockets).
Sadly I don't have enough certs for Breakers, tho I do have Vortek+A2AM. I try dedicated A2A and it works out great. The real problem is Scythe. The big thing is the Vortek will kill a tank in 2 clips from rear.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-01-10 at 04:52 PM.
Old 2013-01-10, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GrmlZ
Corporal

although the Vortek already tears through libs... not sure how something could tear through libs even more (other than A2G rockets).
Well, thats it,i think at close range the air hammer does actually more damage to libs than A2G rockets.
Assuming you have a few magazine upgrades for it.

There is a good example for it in the air hammer vid i linked above, at 6:14.

Last edited by GrmlZ; 2013-01-10 at 05:24 PM.
Old 2013-01-10, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chewy
Major

I've tried using joysticks to fly off and on since 2003 (in games like crysis, battlefield, freespace, descent). They have just never worked out! To each his own I suppose.
Iv been trying to fly with a stick in PS2. With a gal or libby it doesn't feel to bad, but can not do a thing with one in an ESF.

Im a good chopper pilot in most games but was never good in jets/planes due to not being able to "feel" the G forces. Just can't find good stetting for all 3 aircraft. Libbies and Gals are easy to fly with them having long and slow movements that feel kinda right with how much I have to tilt the stick. But, ESFs movement feels "off" to me. It's like I can't make fine adjustments from time to time without the thing crashing/going wild or not doing much of anything at all.

It may be my stick, or the fact that Im still learning to use one. But there's way to much deadzone for the fine detailed movements needed in an ESF. Im starting to think about going to a pure keyboard control just for ESFs.
Old 2013-01-10, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
GrmlZ
Corporal

Well,there is a deathzone slider in the settings, needs to be all the way down of course.
I dont think KB only has the necessary precision to aim the cannon well.

Old 2013-01-10, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by GrmlZ View Post
Well,there is a deathzone slider in the settings, needs to be all the way down of course.
I dont think KB only has the necessary precision to aim the cannon well.
Iv removed all deadzone I can from both game and stick options and cranked sensitivity on the stick. After doing that is when Gals and Libbies felt fine seeing how they are and don't need fine tuning as much. But I have to move the stick so much for an ESF to start moving and doesn't seem to have any play between all out and very little. Feels like 3 levels of input. Hardly anything, meh, and WTF are you doing.

It's a new stick and the game reads the smallest of movement. Just not very analog, but more of a digital feel. Maybe I didn't pair the stick to the game well? I had to program all of the button/movement settings in game instead of the game doing so on start up. Come to think of it, the 8 way D-pad I have tied to cockpit look bugs out rather often after a few inputs. Maybe I have to try a re-installing of the sticks drivers.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
GrmlZ
Corporal

I dont have drivers for mine installed, i use the windows plug and play drivers.
Someone on the forums said that makes a difference with the unfinished stick support in PS2.
I am not sure, but if you are reinstalling the drivers anyways you could try removing them first and use your stick with the windows drivers.

I use a logitech extrem 3d pro now, during the beta i used a cheap saitek cyborg V.1.
Both worked fine with normal analog axis input. And i used both without installing drivers for them, so maybe the guy is right and it does work better with only windows plug and play drivers.

Last edited by GrmlZ; 2013-01-11 at 06:54 AM.
Old 2013-01-11, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Qwan
Captain

Wow thats some really cool dog fighting, I wish I could fly, everytime I fly a air vehicle I always seem to shoot myself down.
Old 2013-01-11, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SeraphC
Sergeant

No A2A missiles? I was a bit surprised by that. Granted rocket pods pack a punch, I've been using them myself since I don't have the other option unlocked yet. Also it's seems like you're doing a tremendous job sticking on your targets, another argument not to use them.

Last edited by SeraphC; 2013-01-11 at 12:08 PM.
Old 2013-01-11, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
GrmlZ
Corporal

Well, many pilots, myself included, think that the A2A missiles in their current form are simply not very interesting to use. Dogfighting with the gun is just more fun.

Last edited by GrmlZ; 2013-01-11 at 06:39 AM.
Old 2013-01-11, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
BlueSkies
Staff Sergeant

Thought I had a stalker for a second

Nice vid
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion