We were mislead(by SOE) about account wide unlocks. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The real cool club
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-21, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

We were mislead(by SOE) about account wide unlocks.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ks-faq.106828/

"What will be unlocked on a new character that’s the same Empire as my existing character?

Any weapons and non-consumable items such as multi-use camo purchased through Station Cash will appear on any new character of the same empire.

What about characters made with other Empires?

Any items specific to an Empire will not be available on other Empires’ characters. For example a New Conglomerate Sweeper Shotgun will only be available on another New Conglomerate character. Common Pool items unlocked with Station Cash will be available across all characters. For example, an NS Annihilator unlocked with Station Cash can be used by all VS, TR, and NC characters on the purchasing account.

What about items I’ve unlocked with certifications points?

Items unlocked with certification points will only be available on the character you unlocked them with. This includes weapons, scopes, extended magazines, C4, etc…

What about my vehicle customizations like rims and decals?

These will follow the same rules as non-consumable empire specific items and common pool items. For instance if you buy a decal for a Lightning, it will work on the Lightning on any character.

Will similar secondary weapons on tanks unlock across multiple characters?

Weapons are unique to each vehicle and while they may be similarly named, operate differently. Weapons that would unlock on an empire specific vehicle will not unlock for a different empire. For instance a Vanguard M12 Kobalt will not be unlocked for the Prowler or Magrider. "

Basically NO vehicle weapons will unlock cross faction - even ones the exact same names and same stats.

This is not how it was represented to us before.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-03-21 at 12:15 AM.
Old 2013-03-21, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: We were mislead(by SOE) about account wide unlocks.

The representations change all the time, surely that's an accepted fact now.
And until its on the server I wouldn't be so sure it'll even be what we've just been told.
Old 2013-03-21, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Is that only for same weapons on different vehicles? I can't imagine that Liberator or Galaxy or Flash weapons are different across empires, so SOE should definitely be unlocking those.

Also: "Any weapons and non-consumable items such as multi-use camo purchased through Station Cash will appear on any new character of the same empire."

Wait, you're saying camos are empire specific? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
If I unlock a Weapon Camo, I want that weapon Camo. Don't force me to endlessly bitch about it, please don't. SOE, just unlock non-empire specific cosmetics and BE DONE WITH IT.
Old 2013-03-21, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Falcon_br
Captain

I already expeted most parts of it, I think everyone agrees that it is bullshit not unlocking the camo for every empire!
Also, unlocking AP for a prowler should unlock AP for a magrider, but they already said it won't.
Now about the bundles, I got the vehicle starter weapon bundle, shouldn't I have it in all my characters from all factions?
The truth is, account wide unlocks sounds great! But in real, Sony should not do it, because there is a BIG possibility of screwing everything and everyone with that, so is better leave the game the way it is now.
I can't wait so see how many refunds they will ask from the people that got the same item for all his 3 characters, like a decail or camuflage.
Old 2013-03-21, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Koadster
Sergeant Major

I guess soe recently went to a conference with EA.. how to best screw over your player base.

Things like my Marauder on prowler fair enuf. But I hope my sundie/flash weapons are unlocked. The worst... camos, so temperate chapperrel is empire specific... well my SC wallet just got as tight as a sphincter.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-21, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The ONLY reason I can think of for the camo...issue is that each empire is shaped differently (TR = curves and shit, NC = Boxes, VS = badonadonks) but that don't make it right.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll do right by us. I have to hope that or I'll freak the fuck out.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-21, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tenhi
Corporal

I guess there are some empire specific Camos. Basically everything that is faction colored. The other Camos should unlock.

That MBT NS Secondary Weapons dont unlock is just stupid. Whats the difference between a Prowler and a Magrider Kobald?-_-

The whole "Account Wide Unlock" feature is pretty much useless as it stands.
Old 2013-03-21, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SGTHACK
Private

SOE developed this game to make money. A business that gives it's products away will not stay in business long. I never expect anything from SOE, only to get what I paid for....
Old 2013-03-21, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Artimus
Master Sergeant

They are still merging servers hold on to your pants.
Old 2013-03-21, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ColdCheese
Corporal

I spent $45 for 3 different sets of armor,weapon,vehicle camo for all 3 continents, I have an NC alt on a different server I play now and then when my favorite Outfit leaders aren't on. Why shouldn't I be able to use these camos on my NC character as well, at $5 a pop it's already a ripoff to buy camo, especially when armor and weapons are charged and sold separately. I know SOE only reads Reddit posts, but this is the last straw if true. Was planning on purchasing the new helmets, but screw that and any other purchases from now on if you are going to half ass Account Unlockables like that.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Momember
Corporal

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
But I hope my sundie/flash weapons are unlocked.
Read

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Common Pool items unlocked with Station Cash will be available across all characters.
Old 2013-03-21, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

What bothers me more is the lack of mention of any reinbursement for duplicate (or even triplicate) purchases.

Old 2013-03-21, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Figment
Lieutenant General

Per empire sounds fair to me actually.

I'm used to unlocking stuff for World of Tanks as well, there at some point you had to unlock the same Maybach engines for the French as you already had for the Germans and tank guns for the French you already did for the Americans or British.

Within each nation's line, they'd auto-unlock.

Seems fair enough as you develop characters within an empire. This rewards a bit of loyalty to one side.
Old 2013-03-21, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Wait, you're saying camos are empire specific? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I already expeted most parts of it, I think everyone agrees that it is bullshit not unlocking the camo for every empire!
Easy, folks. The reference to camo seems like it was just an example used to answer a specific question.
Old 2013-03-21, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Once again, Calm your Tits. Cross faction unlocks are coming but not today.

Posted by Higby on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...ck_faq/c8zn0f7

Originally Posted by Higby
Here's the scoop. Your "item" is unlocked into a shared inventory across all your characters, but it's the exact item you unlocked. The items across different empire specific weapons are COMPLETELY different items, from a data perspective. Yes, including the tank secondary weapons - they have totally different mount point information and item id #s so we can track them separately in data. The common pool vehicle weapons are not, therefore when you acquire that item you can use it on all empires. All cross-empire infantry weapons are completely different (again, from a data perspective, not talking about gameplay mechanic attributes), and many of them do not have "equivalent" weapons, at best they have "associated" weapons - i.e the ones that were released together. So, what does all that mean?

It means to unlock empire specific items across empires we would need to create bundles, do a lot of work with item previews and stats comparison to allow you to check out the hades and the crow when you pick up a skep, and a hell of a lot of data work.

I know it's a lot of work because we're already looking into doing it, but, it's going to take a pretty long time to do. We wanted to get the main part of this feature, giving you the items you purchased across all your characters (that's exactly what this does) sooner rather than later.

No "greed" or "bait and switch" involved here, items are simply unlocked across all characters. The rest is a lot more work and we wanted to get this feature, which was something that was so highly requested by you guys out as soon as we could.
Originally Posted by A Redditor
So, you guys are looking into making all the "equivalent" and "identical" weapons work across all characters? Like, my Nova on my Vanu character (which I don't play anymore) could potentially, in the future, turn into a Nighthawk for my infinitely more handsome TR character?

Edit: For clarification, I would be willing to wait for as long as it takes and I would be much looser on the wallet strings were it to happen.
Originally Posted by Higby
Yes, but, it wasn't in the initial spec and would have put this feature back 2-3 more weeks if we had waited to release with it the cross-faction unlocks for faction specific items (which includes ES vehicle secondaries weapons)

Last edited by Roy Awesome; 2013-03-21 at 04:30 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion