World Domination Series Pre-season Winners! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We see you when ur sleeping
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-28, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Donefore
Private

World Domination Series Pre-season Winners!

TR should be the winners, but the Vanu had to cry, and to the Sony people way to Fuck up the Domination Series! Next time get the Scoring right before you Make a series like this again LOSERS

PS

What a bunch of BULLSHIT

www.therdclan.com
Old 2013-10-28, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: World Domination Series Pre-season Winners!

Feel better now?

Who cares about the pre-seaon? It was there for the exact reason to gather data on how to make the scoring system for the actual WDS.
The TR got ahead mostly because of the pop advantage and having the most hexes on Esamir and Amerish for long stretches of time. The VS won because of the scoring changes and them having the northern WG on Indar. Now SOE knows.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-10-28 at 06:00 PM.
Old 2013-10-28, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Snoopy
Sergeant

Sony couldn't organise a root in a brothel. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 2013-10-28, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Gods forbid there be any snag in the "how will this even work" edition of anything.
Old 2013-10-28, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Was it pre season or season one?
Old 2013-10-28, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
Was it pre season or season one?
Pre-season.

Edit: Apparently both... Because that makes sense:/

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-10-28 at 06:10 PM.
Old 2013-10-28, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Wargrim
Sergeant

World Domination Series 2 Season 1 if the decal is to be trusted.

World Domination Series Pre-Season if the forums / twitter are to be trusted.

Word Dumbification Series of over 9000 if you want to trust me with this.

Last edited by Wargrim; 2013-10-28 at 06:05 PM.
Old 2013-10-28, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Ah, SOE and their sillyness. Why call the decal season 1 when it's clearly the pre-season, which they themselves still call it.

Old 2013-10-28, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

A very recent interview with Higby on the WDS...Pre Season
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...on-Series.html

We Asked: A lot of what I've seen in the community is that the majority of players have no idea what the World Domination Series is or that it's even occurring. Do you have any methods for it gain more attention?

What we took away from Higby: As the World Domination Series is currently in the pre-season which Higby would say is basically a beta for the series, they weren't trying to get everyone's attention on it. Since it's in an early phase they were allowing for it to roll out as opposed to, “throw it in everyone's face” when there are still features to be tweaked and worked on. Although we've seen now that the scoring has been added to the scoreboard whenever players go to check how they're doing in their game session. Now they'll also be able to see how their empire and the others are doing in real time. When the actual series kicks in there will be more features putting attention on it and more reasons for people to want to get involved.
Old 2013-10-28, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DredVS
Private

Clearly the Decal says "Season 1." Not preseason.

Quality communication going on at SOE I see.

Going to be wearing this thing to make people salty.

Last edited by DredVS; 2013-10-28 at 09:49 PM.
Old 2013-10-28, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
A very recent interview with Higby on the WDS...Pre Season
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...on-Series.html
So let me get this right.....they testing WDS in order to tweak scoring, but didn't "throw it in peoples face" so only a portion of the population realized they were even participating?

Wouldn't that suggest that scoring is going to have to be tweaked again in season 1 when everyone knows that they are supposed to participate and begin actively participating?

Whatever your answer to the above questions, I'm going to ask again. Why do you need to have an event to promote the only objective in PS2? Isn't the core of the game to take other peoples land and keep them from getting it back? Maybe I'm thinking of PS1.

You want the populations to move from one continent to another and defend the bases they own?

a) make more continents and connect them so armies can advance somewhere. - i.e. promote offense
b) make bases mean something in game - i.e. promote defense

Combining Alerts and WDS is SOE's way of faking a metagame that doesn't exits. Alerts to push offense and WDS to push defense.

Tell me something...what place does a round-based tournament have in a persistent world?

WDS has no winners. only chumps who think that SOE can accurately calculate how important the land your faction owns is. Sounds to me like the most important land is the north indar WG.

P.S. Dirty vanu

Last edited by kubacheski; 2013-10-28 at 09:54 PM. Reason: almost forgot to say dirty vanu.
Old 2013-10-28, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Look, we didn't shower through the entire thing, it had to be worth something . . .
Old 2013-10-29, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Eh, doesn't matter who wins from where I'm sitting. The better the TR and VS do in this thing the more likely they are to get the nerf hammer sooner. >:P
Old 2013-10-29, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Mordelicius
Major

From this thread: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=56838

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Glad someone posted a WDS thread. I really want to post this but I didn't want to start another complaint thread

The Top Dog Mechanic must be discontinued and replaced with a different mechanic. It punishes winning and rewards losing. If the factions are ever to get balanced, this will sting really hard.

Suppose the factions are balanced and suppose this is basketball (5 v 5 balanced population).

Team A make 5 straight shots.
Team B misses 5 straight shots.

Team A leads by 10 points. Now everytime Team B scores, there's an added +1 because they missed 5 straight shots? So the team that made 5 straight shots gets punished and the team that missed gets the reward. One can see how awful this system is.

Alternative:
Make the bonus scores based on current continental population. Now if the basketball game was 5 vs 2. Now, it would be fair if the team with just 2 players get more points if they make a shot because it's 2 vs 5 and the odds are against them.

But the current program punishes a leading faction. It's a very poor way of rigging the scoreboard to make the match close.

I've seen this type of mechanic before in my favorite RvR MMO. And that was far more insidious form than this. It was so bad that losing meant winning. And winning meant you got cheated. What was the result? Everyone wanted to lose because there was a massive reward tied losing. The reward was so big that winning was moot and pointless and everyone was fixing the situation so they can lose. It was horrible .
Old 2013-10-29, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Maidere
Sergeant

Payback for the Ultimate Empire Showdown. Deal with it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion