Two seater Gunships/Utility Transports? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A virtual nudist colony, lets get nekkid!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-10, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
RabbleRabble
Private

Two seater Gunships/Utility Transports?

I'm new to the whole Planetside scene and was wondering if there are gonna be any two seat gunships? Sort of like a futuristic helicopter gunship with a pilot that fires rockets and a gunner that controls a gatling gun turret? I know there's things like the Mosquito, but if I'm not mistaken it's only a one seat aircraft and the Liberator which is a 3 seat bomber.

It'll probably overlap too much with the latter that it might not get added, but I'm just curious.

My second part to this thread is will there be Utility Transport aircraft? I know there is the Galaxy, but that thing is huge and slow and was wondering if there are plans to include something more flexible and smaller something that functions like a UH-60 Blackhawk (whereas the Galaxy functions like a CH-47) that can quickly drop off squads in tight spots or perform aerial support instead of dedicated ground attack like the Liberator.

Edit: I'm AWARE that there is a Liberator gunship which is a 3 seater and Mosquito that is a one seater. I'm specifically asking if there might be a tandem two seat gunship like how the Apache works.

Last edited by RabbleRabble; 2012-08-10 at 03:09 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sunrock
Major

Re: Two seater Gunships/Utility Transports?

Yes there are transport vehicles that can take a full squad.

PS:

This might be something you want to see...

Last edited by Sunrock; 2012-08-10 at 02:27 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
RabbleRabble
Private

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Yes there are transport vehicles that can take a full squad.
I know that. Hence, why I mentioned the Galaxy.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sunrock
Major

Watch the video then...
Old 2012-08-10, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
RabbleRabble
Private

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Watch the video then...
My post wasn't asking if there are transport vehicles (which you fail to even understand) cause they're obviously in the game. I'm asking if there are other classes of air vehicles they plan on adding, which I stated clearly.

Thanks for linking me a video that doesn't address anything and your lack of comprehension.

So far exLupo has actually replied to what I actually stated in my thread. Thank you.

Last edited by RabbleRabble; 2012-08-10 at 03:10 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Thorondor
Private

Originally Posted by RabbleRabble View Post
Thanks for linking me a video that doesn't address anything and your lack of comprehension.
You asked if there's going to be gunships. The video is all about gunships.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by RabbleRabble View Post
My post wasn't asking if there are transport vehicles (which you fail to even understand) cause they're obviously in the game. I'm asking if there are other classes of air vehicles they plan on adding, which I stated clearly.

So far exLupo has actually replied to what I actually stated in my thread. Thank you.
Did you ask if there was a gun ship that tock on more then 1 person to control? Yes you did! What does the vido show? A gun ship that takes 3 players to control. No did that awnser your question? Yes it did!

Maybe actually watch the vidoe next time or I start to question your lack of comprehension

Last edited by Sunrock; 2012-08-10 at 02:51 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I don't see them adding a fast air transport. One of the PS1 lessons learned that easy access to air transport quickly invalidated ground transport. Not saying there may not be other crewed aircraft over time but I think small-squad transports will be left in the capable hands of the Sunderer.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2012-08-10, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I nearly said "Derp, liberator" as well but then I actually finished reading your whole post. I still feel the Lib sorta fills that role, I do see what you're asking for. Something like how the Reaver used to play. A non-linear flight aircraft with both guns and rockets but you want one that they can be used at the same time and with the gun on a turret, not something bound to vehicle facing.

It -may- happen but with the interceptors and liberator already being in, it'd have role overlap issues.

edit: Damn, Sun, tone it down. You didn't read his post (he was speculating about future additions) and you got called on it. Have some grace and back out before you make yourself look like even more of an internet tough guy.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.

Last edited by exLupo; 2012-08-10 at 03:04 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Monkey
Private

The thing is this game is all about balance, so if they added a quick air transport along with the Galaxy, a quick ground vehicle would need to be added also to partner the sunderer.
Old 2012-08-10, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
VikingPignvin
Private

Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
The thing is this game is all about balance, so if they added a quick air transport along with the Galaxy, a quick ground vehicle would need to be added also to partner the sunderer.

quick ground transport = useless sunderer. quick air transport= all other transport useless
Old 2012-08-10, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
quaye
Private

Originally Posted by VikingPignvin View Post
quick ground transport = useless sunderer. quick air transport= all other transport useless
Not really. Just make the quick medium transports with less durability and less weapons.
Old 2012-08-10, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

I believe what he is asking for is the Helicopters (or something similar) from BF3.

They are two seater and their weapons are indepentent from each other (Autocannon on a swivel Player 1, Rockets+Driving Player 2)

..Nope, something like that is not in the game at release. Perhaps in the future.

Last edited by Goldeh; 2012-08-10 at 01:58 PM.
Old 2012-08-10, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

dont see a quick full squad aircraft being added, because as addressedm would invalidate the sunderer.

as for the 2 seat gunship, not sure it would be added as its very close to the liberator. in the suggestion forum there is a thread about a hammerhead aircraft. which was proposed as a support ship with a few transport positions and a customizable support crate.

i would howver like to see a helicopter type gunship that moves about thes same speed as the liberator, but has a lower altitude cap so that they dont turn into BF3 helicopters spinning at the top of the map trying to hit jets. would basically be a close air support unit compared to the liberator which can fire from far above. and being a helicopter type unit, would be able to quickly dart around, hover, side strafe like the VS scythe, etc.
Old 2012-08-10, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sulaco
Private

I'd love to see a Planetside equivalent of the MH-6 Little Bird, with soldiers able to sit on the sides, firing their own handheld weapons. Could make for lots of fun on smash n' grab style missions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion