Side effect of Rexo buff - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Illegal in 47 countries!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-08, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Seer
Major

Side effect of Rexo buff

I noticed today that the rexo buff inadvertantly increased the effectiveness of vanu av weaponry.

Previously when I was tooling around with my lasher and lancer, my most favorite weapons in the whole world, I found that the crouched, stationary, open position I had to take while aiming the lancer left me, well, a little exposed. The design of the weapon pretty much makes this a must, and I suppose it has enough strengths, such as superior TTK and its effectiveness against deployables, to counterbalance those.

Nevertheless, except for the rare occasions when you had the perfect vantage point against your target, you took a LOT of fire while this was happening. You couldn't move like a tr, and you couldn't hide like an NC. No matter how leet you were, you needed to stay still and crouched to control the cof bloom. When you're squaring off against heavy armor, that's the worst possible way to be.

So I died a lot. In a common battlefield situation, I was a goner when my pinpricks caught a gunner's attention. After the recent rexo buff though, my newfound survivability allows me to win staredowns with a lot of light vehicles, where previously I was just a crispy morsel in the middle of a smoking crater. Small arms fire is less deadly, allowing me more time to place my shots when I'm concentrating on another target. Now I'm chronically out of ammo, but that's a situation I'm prepared to accept.

I'm not really objective about the rexo buff, but it did help the lancer, even if indirectly.
Old 2004-02-08, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rempel
Corporal

I don't like Vanu, but I like 'em alot more than i do the Republic. whatever helps the Vanu take down the TR is good for the NC!!!
Old 2004-02-08, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Seer
Now I'm chronically out of ammo, but that's a situation I'm prepared to accept.

I'm not really objective about the rexo buff, but it did help the lancer, even if indirectly.
The next patch is going to be an ammo balance one, and Vanu are getting a increase in clip size and in ammo box quantity.

Its a good thing to be a Vanu these days.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-08, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rayder
General

Misc Info

I heard something about the Lancer's COF bloom getting decreased when looking around with the mouse.
Old 2004-02-08, 03:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeh, the cof bloom will be redused when moving, the ammo boxes will fit 18 rounds but the magazine will remain at 6.

Can't wait for that ammo change patch (aslong as it contains the TR max changes too hehe).
Old 2004-02-08, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Yeah, everything is starting to look more balanced!

I love it

PlanetSide has a great future, I can smell it!
If they can only improve CoreCombat enough to make me buy it too! I really want to give them the money to develop this game (but now, it doesn't seem to be worth it).
Old 2004-02-08, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Madcat170
Sergeant

The Rexo Buff actually helped NC more than anyone, and Nerfed the cycler some ( higher Damage per shot is much more favorable now)
Old 2004-02-08, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Yeah, that's true...
Old 2004-02-08, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Maybe it's just my opinion but the patch did almost nothing. My lasher still tears through rexo like there's no tomorrow.
Old 2004-02-08, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Noxious, I think you got about 0.5 extra TTK.
Old 2004-02-08, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by noxious
Maybe it's just my opinion but the patch did almost nothing. My lasher still tears through rexo like there's no tomorrow.
Yeah, rexos still drop quickly. I'm finding amusement with some of these posts though. In particular the people claiming near invulnerability with their 50 extra armor. It is interesting to see how people see what they want to though. From reading a few of these posts you'd think the new "bane" of the game is a rexo with a sweeper.

The Agile Jack is still the king. Nothing has changed.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I know my survivability has gone way up, Now i can go head to head with Cycler users at range and win

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-08, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The JH is affected more by the buff than the rest of the HA as we because each pellet does less damage than each MCG bullet or lasher orb.

I'm glad that the lancer is more useful now though, maybe the VS will bitch about it less and I can loot them more.
Old 2004-02-08, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

Today I was on my VS Heavy Infantry in REXO. I had a Pulsar and a Rocklet Rifle. I was faced with my one hundred fifty sixth-or so Agile Jackhammer user of the morning and I was blasted many times ( I believe 6, it may have been 7), but not at the Jackhammer's optimum range. I was amazed as I survived his assault! I had time to reload my rocklet rifle and turn around as it came back to kill me, but I hit him with my six remaining alt fire rocklets as he trurned the corner. I'm not walking inviciblity in the new armor, but it feels good to at least have a chance of winning where before there was none.

Every time a Jackhammer Surgile dies, a Vanu gets his wings...
Old 2004-02-08, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Seer
Major

You guys can't seem to get surge and ha out of your freaking heads for even one post. This post is not about HA. I frankly don't care if your HA weapon is killing just as fast as before, because that's not even remotely pertinent to the point of this post.

The ranges I am talking about are MA and beyond.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion