Dual monitor/strategic map - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now accepting knolls.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-05-10, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sigg
Private

Dual monitor/strategic map

While it would be great to see multiple monitor support for an expanded view there are few games that do this(Eve being one exception who do it really well) due I think to the major advantage it gives and market share of duel screen users.

There are other things which can be done to take advantage of an extra screen. Although I realise this will require more work even than the expanded view it would be cool. A tactical or strategic map with way-point, flanking, team member locations, attacking and defending functions etc allowing the leaders of squads platoons or outfits to manage the battle more effectively would be useful fullscreen on a second monitor. somewhat like world in conflict I think.

As an ex QA I appreciate the work that goes in to making a game but proper testing seems to be relaxed on a lot of games when it comes to using more than one screen. issues involving minimizing and maximising performance as well as making available working fullscreen, windowed and fixed windowed views. I hope the PS2 team looks at these.
Old 2012-05-10, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Dual monitor/strategic map

Been brought up in two topics already (look for multi monitor support).
Old 2012-05-10, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
duomaxwl
Captain

Re: Dual monitor/strategic map

I would love to be able to rock a map on my second monitor. I'd be neat if they implemented this somehow.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault