Shoot, fly, heal, build, or steal? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Didn't I wear this shirt the day after yesterday?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-22, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Fyre
Private

Question Shoot, fly, heal, build, or steal?

Whenever a game like Planetside comes out that has different "classes" to choose from I always think beforehand that there will be an obvious lack of the more passive classes like medic or engineer. Yet somehow it always seems to kinda balance out and I'm left extremely puzzled. I would be bored out of my mind if all I did during a game was waltz around building turrets or healing all the morons who get themselves shot just so they can go out and get shot again. Personally, I love being a pilot:
Falcon Airlines, when you want to get there fast or die trying

So if anybody out there is really looking forward to being a medic, engineer, etc. please lend me some insight on why it's so appealing to you.
Oh, and if you're so excited about being a sniper AGAIN that they're about to piss yourself, I guess you can let loose too. (Metaphorically, of course)
Old 2003-03-22, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Destroyeron
Troll x2

I'm gonna have an engineer on the side, so i can help out with mines, turrets, ect. But I'll also be fighting.
Old 2003-03-22, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
�io
Lieutenant General

I'm gonna be doing pretty much everything so i can get a feel for all the different types of actions and roles in Planetside, it's all about experiencing new stuff.
Old 2003-03-22, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Revulsion
Sergeant

Stealth hacker/medic or maybe a AI MAX
Old 2003-03-22, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TRscpd
Staff Sergeant

most games i play there is a lack of medics
Old 2003-03-22, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Gonna be a lack of engi's and medics in the start i bet, but as chars get more cert points it'll be better.... I plan on getting the medic certs after i've gotten my MAX's hehe.
Old 2003-03-22, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
�io
Lieutenant General

Well myself i'll be starting off as engineer/pilot. I really like being an engineer, you get the recognition and "prestige" of a medic but you can also to some damage with mines and shit.
Old 2003-03-22, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Jakal
Staff Sergeant

It might be rare to see a pure medic or engineer. I think most people will pick up hte basic medical cert. I know i plan on getting it. Tank drivers will take engineering so the can repair their vehicle. So there'll probably be a lot of people with some heal and repair. But i dont think many people want to just heal or just reapair.
Old 2003-03-22, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TRscpd
Staff Sergeant

i would be a medic for my self am more of a outcast play by my own rules type of thing
Old 2003-03-22, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I'm really jazzed about the medic/adv medic certs. I think it'll go well with Reinforced, harasser and rifle certs. You'll get the full heal path and still pack solid groundforce utility. If there ends up being any points left over (how much will it all cost?!) maybe even put some into basic hacking or an anti-armor weapon.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2003-03-22, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Synergy
Sergeant

in the beginning i plan on going pure combat certs and stuff so i can level up fast but i do plan later on being an engineer as it is the class i most enjoy playing in class based FPS's
We're working hard to get the patch out tonight...despite the fact that we're essentially starting from scratch at 9:30 in the evening.
Heh. Dedicated? Insane? You decide. But we're doing it.

No ETA...but our goal is "before Dawn".
Old 2003-03-22, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

The thing is there are only like 2 medic certs so the rest can be used on combat. It wont really be a big issue.

-Dark- CO [TEAR]

[TEAR] Info

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-03-22, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

w00t.

I am definitely going to do some healing. I'm thinking Reenforced, harasser, rifle, heal.

Although . . . hmm, can anyone with Rifle cert use the sniper? Or is that its own cert? Because I really want to have that Bolt Driver for versatility. I can see a lot of close-range uses for it . . . if people are storming my base, and I'm on that bridge over the entrance to the compound, I am going to want a gun with some stopping power.
Old 2003-03-22, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
NeoDrgnMech
Sergeant

Originally posted by mr_luc
w00t.

I am definitely going to do some healing. I'm thinking Reenforced, harasser, rifle, heal.

Although . . . hmm, can anyone with Rifle cert use the sniper? Or is that its own cert? Because I really want to have that Bolt Driver for versatility. I can see a lot of close-range uses for it . . . if people are storming my base, and I'm on that bridge over the entrance to the compound, I am going to want a gun with some stopping power.
I think the Bolt Driver's it's own cert.

As for me, I'll probably stick with Weapon and Armor certs. Probably start off with Special Weapons, reinforced armor, and Basilisk for transportation, and eventually the AA & AI MAX's and Medium and Heavy Weapon certs.

The Vanu Alliance. WE HAVE POINTY STICKS!
Old 2003-03-22, 10:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
RCB_Ghost
Staff Sergeant

How are medics going to go about healing? Is it going to be like Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer? Where you can drop an unlimited supply of health packs?
In that case, can you heal yourself?

And if you can heal yourself, then i guess everyone will be "insert your skill here"/Medic?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion