Influence Changes [0/0] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: total killwh0re
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-21, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Influence Changes [0/0]

What do you like about it and what do you hate about it? I like the standardized cap times however I hate the lack of needing to stay on a point to continue capping it.

Spawn camping was and always will be a problem, there's no getting around it with the way you spawn in Planetside. However now the only objective when you cap a base is to spawn camp, no need to hold what you've capped.

What have you guys noticed on this?
Old 2013-04-21, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Influence Changes [0/0]

it makes it easier for small force to attack, (a squad) doesn't change anything for big force (a platoon)
Old 2013-04-21, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I quite like seeing pop % per hex as the pie chart and not surrounding territory held.

I think these cap times will need to increase when the lane system comes in.

Someone should have to stay I believe for the cap to go through. Or have a mechanic like the REK: PS1 got around this by having a hackable control center via a REK utility The software did its job after a short interaction (like comprimising a PS2 gen) and the soldier could stay or leave, but then it was open to resecure and a 15 minute hack could be rendered (and frequently was) neutralised at the last second.
I would be all warm and happy if this came back. Trade up offensive utilities for capture abilitiy. You need a cap guy in your squad or as a lone wolf you must carry a REK

Old 2013-04-21, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Blynd
First Sergeant

Id be very happy to see the rek brought back but you would have to make it so it couldn't e carried by everyone all the time. So you had to have dedicated hackers to hack terminals, doors, and control points.
Old 2013-04-21, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

on its own it doesn't mean very much and encourages backhacking and ghost hacking. However, with the hex changes with the lattice implementation, it actually works fairly well. I think that it will mean people will actually have to learn to fight against other forces that are expecting them or are actually holding to some sort of strategy. i think that hack times need to be a little longer at least for main facilities (10 mins to 15 would be awesome) but it works otherwise.

i think that added to that, most facilities need to have gen rooms that are fully enclosed and can't be shot into from windows. likewise i think that gens need to be added that control the benefits flowing to/from each base, or have midpoint facilities work in such a way that similar tactics can be used with dropping a gen or two to sever a link, even if you cant hack the facility.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-04-21 at 03:42 AM.
Old 2013-04-21, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

I have noticed that the new system is made for ghost cappers. And it is the most boring thing there is. There needs to be something to make the cap go faster, since maybe 1 out of 1000 captures is when defenders actually try to get a base back after being locked to spawn room.

I'd even go for extremes. When the scu blows up, remove the shields and pain field from spawnroom and make the base get captured in 30s-1min. That gives defenders one more push to repair scu and if they fail, there's no 5min "let's do nothing" moment. The way it currently is, after scu blows up, defenders just farm the idiots that actually run to look at the spawn room and after the base is finally captured, they die. Why not make it easier for everyone?
Old 2013-04-21, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ringring
Contributor
General

You can't really have the influence system and have the lattice at the same time.
Old 2013-04-21, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Pella
Captain

Much better for smaller squads. Dont have to sit on point.
Old 2013-04-21, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
camycamera
Major

i like it, i was going to say that they should change it so the more people on the point, the less it takes to cap (no 6/6 limit as well), and that one person ghost capping a base should take like an hour, but then i realised my logic was flawed, in that sometimes large groups go out and ghost cap, so adding in what i just said would make their job easier and shorter....

so i approve. standardising cap times is a good change, and i like how they removed having to stand on the point to cap faster. although, they need to remove the 0/0 thing, it is pointless and makes it feel like a place holder...
Old 2013-04-21, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Redshift
Major

They just need to make the defenders recap timer faster than the attackers, so if you leave the point and it get flipped back it's a proper set back.

PS1 used to have it reset the timer if you lost it even for a second, much more tense
Old 2013-04-21, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Blynd View Post
Id be very happy to see the rek brought back but you would have to make it so it couldn't e carried by everyone all the time. So you had to have dedicated hackers to hack terminals, doors, and control points.
...So... you'd need an Infiltrator to Capture Points?

Eh, I like the sentiment, but it might piss off the casual crowd to require the "Sniper/Spy" class to flip bases...

...Anything we could do with Deployables?

I'm thinking perhaps a Device to replace the Recon Sensor that would activate after being set down for a period of time that would make the Control Point think someone from your Faction was standing there.

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
They just need to make the defenders recap timer faster than the attackers, so if you leave the point and it get flipped back it's a proper set back.

PS1 used to have it reset the timer if you lost it even for a second, much more tense
Personally I like the lack of Attackers bothering to hold points, if simply because their Camping the Spawn allows it to be retaken from another angle, but faster Re-secure Times would be appreciated.

Anything that rewards playing Smart over playing Fast is good in my book.
Old 2013-04-21, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Im not entrely sure i like it without the rushlanes/lattice/lattex. Sure it helps in smaller fights but it also helps ghost caps, which i hate with a passion.
Old 2013-04-21, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Whiteagle View Post
...So... you'd need an Infiltrator to Capture Points?

Eh, I like the sentiment, but it might piss off the casual crowd to require the "Sniper/Spy" class to flip bases...
I think any class should be able to capture but they'd have to bring a special utility in their loadout and so sacrifice medkit/c4/etc. To make this attractive, make cap initators get say 250-500xp

Old 2013-04-21, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post

Hear hear.
Old 2013-04-22, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nur
Sergeant

I like it , it also avoids people ghostcapping (because now is longer and boring)

I don't like the idea that 1 people can flip/unflip though.

But this system has changed the game a lot. We focus now more on battle not on capturing low defence bases or ghostcapping around heavy fights
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion