Base type suggestion - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: shot me in the nuts
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-02-29, 02:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
foam
Private

Base type suggestion

Wouldn't it be cool if there were bases you could only get to by air? Such as base on the water like a giant oil rig. Bases on water could be worth more if you held them. It would be cool to see a giant air effort to conquer it.

Or a base inside a mountain, or underground.
All these different base types could force the attackers/defenders to play differently each time. For example the base at sea would need huge AA capabilities and the attacking force would need huge air power to bomb/strafe as much as they could before the troops were dropped.

Underground or mountain bases would be almost entirely infantry based. For balance reasons there should be more regular bases than mountain, sea, or underground bases.

Just my two cents.
Old 2012-02-29, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Xaine
Major

Re: Base type suggestion

I like it.

I'm all for interesting base locations
Old 2012-02-29, 02:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
exoteror
Corporal

To add onto the oil rig idea I would like to see a sort of docking area for amphibious vehicals.

The way I picture it is like the aircraft carier vehical area on BF3, the enemy could pull out amphibious vehicals as well.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
foam
Private

Originally Posted by exoteror View Post
To add onto the oil rig idea I would like to see a sort of docking area for amphibious vehicals.

The way I picture it is like the aircraft carier vehical area on BF3, the enemy could pull out amphibious vehicals as well.
Well I didn't mean it had to be an oilrig, I was just using an oilrig as an example. I also don't think naval vehicles will be in the game at launch. Maybe an expansion or something way later.

A water base could be: Naval dockyard, deep-sea oil rig & refinery, Base of Operations, Fortress, Air Refuel/Rearmament Depot.

Last edited by foam; 2012-02-29 at 03:02 AM.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
exoteror
Corporal

I would agree on the multiple idea of the type of bases, I mostly just said oil rig as it was one of the themes that stuck in my head.

I am somewhat hopeing there will be a common pool "Deliverer" type vehical in the game at launch to compeate with the fact magriders can go over water still.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zenben
Master Sergeant

We still have no idea what this thing is, or if it's even relevant anymore. Still hopeful of something resembling a BF2142 Titan, though I'm not holding my breath.
Old 2012-02-29, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

PS was pretty much about combined arms... or it may have been intended to be like that. With these special locations you disclose one or more elements.
Old 2012-02-29, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
exoteror
Corporal

I agree planetside was about combined arms but PS2 seems to be about flexability with all vehicals able to be used as AA,AV and AI.

The idea of a floating base would be how well a team can organise and use stratagy.

With a flying base Idea I think infantry need a sort of teleport system for a 2nd point of entry into the base. This would allow multiple defence and attack points that would not stop people who cannot fly from attacking.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion