Skill Tree Questions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I don't read instructions
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-27, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Skill Tree Questions

So theres lots of questions out there about the skill tree and am guessing some of those got figured out, if not ask yours here.

Mine is will the Skill Tree be Visabile all at once so you can decide on day one Oh okay i think ill attempt to specialize in air cal
Old 2011-07-27, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Skill Tree Questions

We've been told that a single vehicle can take more than a year to train into. However in another thread multiple people seem to remember it being said that no skill would take more than 24 hours to train, which naturally leads to the conclusion that there's going to be a hell of a hell of a lot of skills.

Can anyone remember where it was said that skills would take no longer than 24 hours to train?
Old 2011-07-27, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
boblikesoup
Private

Can someone please clarify how skills work over? This is my understanding:

People/outfits cue certs they want to unlock for the next 24 hours. By logging in once/24 hours you will passively unlock these. By playing you will also gain experience, hastening the unlock process. How far you can go up the skill tree is dependent on your Battle Rank. *Your battle rank raises based on how much experience has gone into certs overall?* Each vehicle, weapon, and class will have its own certification tree.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by boblikesoup View Post
Can someone please clarify how skills work over? This is my understanding:

People/outfits cue certs they want to unlock for the next 24 hours. By logging in once/24 hours you will passively unlock these. By playing you will also gain experience, hastening the unlock process. How far you can go up the skill tree is dependent on your Battle Rank. *Your battle rank raises based on how much experience has gone into certs overall?* Each vehicle, weapon, and class will have its own certification tree.
Experience gives you battle ranks, battle ranks gives you certification points, certification points get spent on certifications (skills), but the certifications (skills) available to you are limited by battle rank.

I'm not sure if classes will get their own skill tree, or if it'll simply be equipment (light armour skills to reach jetpacks, for example).
Old 2011-07-27, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Surge72
Corporal

They never ever said skills won't take over 24 hours to train. They just said that you will be able to queue up 24 hours worth of skills, meaning you only have to long in once a day to keep the queue active.
Old 2011-07-27, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

My Question: How much more quickly can you accelerate skill learning by using personal resources?

Hopefully, a lot...
Old 2011-07-27, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

^ Furthermore, will there in fact be a set skill tree for resource management? They have already stated in the last panel that resources will play a much greater role this time around.

In the instance of the VS where they have the alien based resource that's specific to them one would therefore assume that its of no lucre to other factions, but perhaps there could be benefits attributed to the faction that denies them of those resources...
Old 2011-07-27, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

.....kind of like taking an empires Tech Plant away ?.....

I have NO IDEA how it's going to work, but it will be nice when we've all been on PS2 long enough to NOT be worrying about this kind of stuff - all in due time.
Old 2011-07-28, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Talon
Private

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Experience gives you battle ranks, battle ranks gives you certification points, certification points get spent on certifications (skills), but the certifications (skills) available to you are limited by battle rank.

I'm not sure if classes will get their own skill tree, or if it'll simply be equipment (light armour skills to reach jetpacks, for example).
lol this is not like PS1 dude... they are taking a step towards eve with skills this time.
Old 2011-07-28, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Almost there. XP = BR. Specific skills unlock as you go up in BR. You're then allowed to train towards them. If you create a toon and never fight, you'll eventually train horizontally across all of the basic skills. Conversely, if you fight all day, every day, your BR unlocks should (I would assume) outpace your skill speed so you can go vertically straight up one specialization if you want.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-07-28, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Talon View Post
lol this is not like PS1 dude... they are taking a step towards eve with skills this time.
I was well aware of that.

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
Almost there. XP = BR. Specific skills unlock as you go up in BR. You're then allowed to train towards them. If you create a toon and never fight, you'll eventually train horizontally across all of the basic skills. Conversely, if you fight all day, every day, your BR unlocks should (I would assume) outpace your skill speed so you can go vertically straight up one specialization if you want.
My mistake. For some reason I was under the impression we were still getting points to spend on the skills in PS2. Sort of how you build up a skill-point total in EVE, but in reverse.

Last edited by Vancha; 2011-07-28 at 06:43 AM.
Old 2011-07-28, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by exLupo View Post
Actually, I don't think it was ever said that you have to have the BR first.

As in, I wouldn't rule out being allowed to time-train certs way higher than your BR, but you couldn't use them immediately until you caught your BR up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion