Long live the Conglomerate! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: caution: my be annoyed by n00bs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-12, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

Long live the Conglomerate!

What happened today on werner proves more then anything that nobody, and I mean nobody, can beat the NC. I'm not sure exactly how it happened but the VS and TR had allied against us. when I logged on at around 4:30 GMT I saw each of them had it's home conts locked and searhus had just a few squads of each running around. probably the newbies who didn't know or care about the alliance. on hossin the VS had a full size zerg, the TR did the same on solsar and cyssor. solsar was even more proof of this. the vanu LEFT solsar leaving it the the TR who only then started to attack the vanu bases. they waited for us NC to try to capture them. we had little chance as all 3 had over 100 spots free all this time.

when we had no choice, we all turned as one to cyssor, and as primetime was comming up (it was 5-6pm GMT, parts of europe it's 7-8) we all headed for cyssor. the TR were waiting for us, and it took a zerg that pop locked the cont over 30 minutes to cap the first base's tower. from there the tides changed. we advanced on all three continents, destroying everyone who tried to stop us, and that's a whole lot of people. around 15 minutes ago we finished the job of locking hossin as well, and solsar had the last 3 bases hacked with spawns down, and a TR tower that was being overun.

some of you may say they started to fight each other. think again. I checked the map and although at some point it seemed like it, the moment the few VS on searhus finisged capping an empty cont, there was no sign of fighting on any of the other 7 continents.

it really is sad that the TR and VS are such inadequate fighters they not only have to allie to defeat us, but they also need to do it before primetime because in primetime they still lose.

let this be a lesson to you all. nobody can defeat a man who is fighting for a worthy cause! LONG LIVE THE CONGLOMERATE! FREEDOM OVER OPPRESION!
Old 2004-01-12, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
What happened today on werner proves more then anything that nobody, and I mean nobody, can beat the NC. I'm not sure exactly how it happened but the VS and TR had allied against us............yada yada yada

it really is sad that the TR and VS are such inadequate fighters they not only have to allie to defeat us, but they also need to do it before primetime because in primetime they still lose.

let this be a lesson to you all. nobody can defeat a man who is fighting for a worthy cause! LONG LIVE THE CONGLOMERATE! FREEDOM OVER OPPRESION!
Ok I'm being dead serious now. Do you really believe that horseshit that you just wrote?

I don't and probably never will play on Werner, and I haven't even played in a while, been busy, so I have no proof to backup what I say. First of all you are exaggerating and biased because you're NC. I bet it wasn't half as bad as you say it was, and that alliance bull? That's a joke. Period. Everyday at least one empire is being double teamed, nobody plans it numbnuts.

In the paragraph that I highlighted, you make it sound like all NC just don't play anywhere before primetime, and let the NC and VS take what they can. Just because you didn't play until primetime, doesn't mean your whole empire didn't either. Obviously the NC and VS had to be whoopin' you to bring it to that sad position where you had no home continents. So what? You started winning at primetime due to a full-assault zerg. Talented aren't ya.

The last paragraph? WAKE UP. YOU are not fighting for a worthy cause, neither is any NC, VS, or TR person. Know why? BECAUSE THEY AREN'T REAL. It's just a character on a game made by some money-grubbing bastards.

Idiot.
Old 2004-01-12, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

lol ya ok that was my comic releif for the night....
Old 2004-01-12, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jagd
Major

throws roses and stick grenades onto the stage
Old 2004-01-12, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Laeritides
Staff Sergeant

lol
Old 2004-01-12, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

I know every night an empire gets double teamed. but usually, it's much less then this. I'm talking about absolutely no fighting between the VS and TR, just small skirmishes on searhus that stopped too a bit later. I'm talking about VS and TR having direct links to each other and not using them, I'm talking about something that has happened before and will probably happen again. as far as I understand it some major outfits on both made an alliance and lead their empires. this doesn't happen allot, but it happens.

as for primetime, you should look at the pop graphs sometime. before prime time there's always ups and downs during which a certain empire has an edge. in primetime it's usually equal. and I live in israel, that's GMT +2, and I can tell you I never log on before 3 PM because the server is quite empty. at 6-7 the real fights begin and last until around 1 am or even later. what I'm saying is that before primetime we had no chance, but when all of our good players came, it was all our forces vs all of theirs. that's still 2vs1 but that's not enough

as for the last paragraph. wake up, this is a game with RPG elements. RPG = role playing! I'm just enjoying our victory, and that is one hell of a victory. when we thought back, all other 7 conts were locked! that means there was no fighting on them. so if pops are equal and according to smokejumper's recent posts they are, and with weapons being farely balanced, this means we have both better commanders and better players.
Old 2004-01-12, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

this means we have both better commanders and better players.
Or that all the bitching is correct about NC weapons. Interesting, isn't it?
Old 2004-01-12, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Red October
Second Lieutenant

heh heh....you have no clue.....

Its only a matter of time before the NC get beatin with the Nerf stick...your inadvertantly proving to everyone that the whiners and moaners are correct.
Old 2004-01-12, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jagd
Major

Delusions of grandeur. Yup, sounds like an Isreali alright.Just because Palestinians want revenge for their murdered children doesn't mean there is a conspiracy against you on Auraxis. Here's an excercise for you:

1. Get a piece of masking tape.
2. Write "Virtual World" on it.
3. Stick it to your monitor.
4. When you start feeling you are about to black out, post inane babble on PSU, or start believing the other empires are ganging up on you, read the tape.
5. Read it again.
6. Give your head a shake.
7. Ponder the sad state of affairs that has lead to your absurd paranoia.
8. Vote for somebody different next election.
Old 2004-01-12, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

flame war!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-12, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILoHOMER
Major

omg ur full of shit!!!!!!!! the nc lose and the vs always wiN!!!!!!!!!! the nc just hav the biggest army with the worst weapons!!! plus ur colors suck arse!!!!!!!!!! fucking zrgin fuckers!!!!1 and every empire thinks the other 2 empires r teamin up! w/e
Old 2004-01-12, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER
omg ur full of shit!!!!!!!! the nc lose and the vs always wiN!!!!!!!!!! the nc just hav the biggest army with the worst weapons!!! plus ur colors suck arse!!!!!!!!!! fucking zrgin fuckers!!!!1 and every empire thinks the other 2 empires r teamin up! w/e
What..the..fuck...
Old 2004-01-12, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EVILoHOMER
Major

hav they scraped the domes btw?
Old 2004-01-12, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Jagd
Major

Now I don't have the lamest rebuttal in the thread. wipes sweat off forehead
Old 2004-01-12, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Thumbs down

I know every night an empire gets double teamed. but usually, it's much less then this......some more yada yada yada

as far as I understand it some major outfits on both made an alliance and lead their empires. this doesn't happen allot, but it happens.

but when all of our good players came, it was all our forces vs all of theirs. that's still 2vs1 but that's not enough

as for the last paragraph. wake up, this is a game with RPG elements. RPG = role playing! I'm just enjoying our victory, and that is one hell of a victory. when we thought back, all other 7 conts were locked! that means there was no fighting on them. so if pops are equal and according to smokejumper's recent posts they are, and with weapons being farely balanced, this means we have both better commanders and better players.
I hate people. I'm not talking about most people. Just idiots. These kind of idiots.

For the paragraph I bolded....ahahahaahahahahaahaha First off, "as far as I understand...", clearly you don't understand any father than you can piss. That does not happen. Even though I am not the most experienced player (1 month give or take), I still know that it DOES NOT happen. Unless some above average person can prove me wrong, then I'll say what I've been saying: you sir, are an idiot. Outfits alliancing on different empires.....funny guy...

When all your good players came...again with this. I still highly doubt that it was as much of a 2v1 as you say it is, but just say this is true and also the fact that "all your good players suddenly logged on", what's to say that their good players didn't suddenly log off?

Ok I should of just highlighted this entire paragraph...for once yes, you are right. This is an RPG. And you are 2 for 3 on the next part "RPG = Role playing". Role playing what some of you other half-wits might ask. Role Playing GAME. GAME. Not real. Fake, fiction, virtual reality. Understand? Good. Now since when does a continent being locked stop fighting from occuring on there? How do you think they get retaken? People throw stones from across the warpgate?

Hey I agree with SmokeJumper's posts about populations being equal. But that doesn't mean at every damn moment of the day every single person who has a character is on. People do work, go to school, ya know. There is always one empire with at least a 1/2 % advantage over the others.

Weapons being fairly balanced? I won't even start on that (here in this post ) but surely even someone raised by wolves such as yourself can see the obvious balance issues. Especially the controversy surrounding the NC.

Please do yourself a favor and don't respond. Just pouring salt on to an open wound.

Originally Posted by Madcow
Or that all the bitching is correct about NC weapons. Interesting, isn't it?
Well put and amen.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion