PS2 Needs Wider Gaming Community Coverage - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Shockingly refreshing
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-04, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
biertrappist
Private

PS2 Needs Wider Gaming Community Coverage

My lad just had an email from CVG about their expectations and games to look out for in E3. PS2 wasn't on it.

Whilst the PS2 community itself is getting excited, gets fair info from SOE, I think the wider gaming community is not overly aware of PS2.

Games fail for ostensibly several reasons. The game sucks, a dearth of players lets it starve to death, too exy.

We all know that the more players this has the better it will be.

Could we have a list of gamers webbies that are not pushing PS2 (Like CVG) and lets spread the love, spread the news.

I don't give a rat's a** I'm doing SOE's job, I want this game to be as popular as a cat on reddit, well more really...
Old 2012-06-04, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dreamcast
Major

Re: PS2 Needs Wider Gaming Community Coverage

Sony is stupid for not putting any kind of real presentation.....Sony e3 presentation was perfect.

inb4 is not SOE but Sony Computer....I don't give a damn they should of put Planetside 2 who lets be honest is probably gonna come out on PS4 if the game becomes successful.

Still they need some kind of presentation, it makes me that totalbiscuit is the main guy advertising for Planetside 2...No offense, the dude does an awesome job and I enjoy his video's but I would prefer a presentation....on top of the totalbiscuit videos of course
Old 2012-06-04, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Xyntech
Brigadier General

If Sony showed Star Wars Galaxies at E3, they could have done Planetside 2. I understand the branding reasons, but if they believed in Planetside 2 strongly enough they could have made another exception. Shame.

Hopefully the rest of E3 makes up for it somewhat. I'll certainly be disappointed in SOE if there isn't a significant increase in buzz by the end of the show.

Still, the game is getting more coverage already than the first game got. That, along with the accessibility of F2P, should improve it's odds of success significantly. But the bigger the better, so... I hope they don't fuck it up.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

I slightly think it may just be a bit too soon to hype up the game to the masses. Its not in beta yet. And having people get in the game during beta expecting too much is a bad idea. They would rather leave and say "this game is crap" rather than stay and fix it. That is because they havent invested time like we have to make sure this game is as good as it can be.

Edit: Also PC Gamer front page Right Here

Last edited by SpcFarlen; 2012-06-04 at 09:40 PM.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Runlikethewind
Private

Originally Posted by SpcFarlen View Post
I slightly think it may just be a bit too soon to hype up the game to the masses. Its not in beta yet. And having people get in the game during beta expecting too much is a bad idea. They would rather leave and say "this game is crap" rather than stay and fix it. That is because they havent invested time like we have to make sure this game is as good as it can be.

Edit: Also PC Gamer front page Right Here
Agreed. Too early for real hype, but it is building....
Old 2012-06-05, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
The Kush
Captain

Once the game gets farther into beta yes and I'm sure they will advertise a lot more. Well at least we can hope, either way consider the time now a behind the scenes making, no hardcore advertising.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion