The game has problems9not unecpected really) but stop acting like whiney idiots. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hot and steamy _________
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-06, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

The game has problems9not unecpected really) but stop acting like whiney idiots.

Anyone with a high functioning brain should have realized their there were going to be emergent problems after the game went live. And they take a bit to sort and fix.

Now Im all for pointing out the actual problems(even angrily) and its good to analyze the system to determine why the problems exist.
And this goes for 2 kinds of problems - both the ones that make the game not function right such as the lack of base defending and the ones that simply involve making a lot of players unhappy such as massive air power.

That said stop being whiny bitchy assholes.
If you really just hopelessly hate the game I have no idea why you are still here but at this point just say good bye and leave.

If you like the game but are so angry about problems that all you can do is be hateful - take a break.

If you are still upset about the class system or tanks without gunners or whatever else changes from PS1 and beta that you didnt like - fine make even more dedicated posts to it - but stop jamming your pet issue into every post about an actual problems - your just junking up the forum with pettiness making it look like every thread is just a random bitch fest.

Personally Im fairly unhappy with the state of the game - but most of my biggest issues could be addressed in 1 or 2 patch cycles - so Ill bitch about the big issues.
I think its worth keeping perspective that this is the only game coming even close to offering a massive scale battlefield like this. No one else is spending close to the same money that SOE did on such a game so Im pretty happy that SOE has made the game and is trying to fix it(which they are for business reasons if nothing else.)
Old 2013-01-06, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: The game has problems9not unecpected really) but stop acting like whiney idiots.

Wow man. Its been a while since i was called a "whiny bitchy asshole".... if ever.

To be honest, you lost me at that line... game needs an overhaul in a big way but why you felt the need to insult us all, is beyond me
Old 2013-01-06, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: The game has problems9not unecpected really) but stop acting like whiney idiots.

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Wow man. Its been a while since i was called a "whiny bitchy asshole".... if ever.

To be honest, you lost me at that line... game needs an overhaul in a big way but why you felt the need to insult us all, is beyond me
I pretty much explained who I was calling out.
So if you are upset Im talking about you either you didnt actually read it - or you are a whiny bitchy asshole.
Old 2013-01-06, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
james
Sergeant Major

Name calling and doing exactly what your complaining about, how hypocritical
Making posts like these will not stop people from complaining, just make them do it more.

Seems like this forum is turning into the official forums.
Old 2013-01-06, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by james View Post
Name calling and doing exactly what your complaining about, how hypocritical
Making posts like these will not stop people from complaining, just make them do it more.

Seems like this forum is turning into the official forums.

I disagree,

And I dont want people to stop complaining. But for example the post suggesting Smed lose his job - wasnt complaining about an issue - it was just stupid nonsense bitching.
There is nothing hypocritical about honesty.
Old 2013-01-06, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I pretty much explained who I was calling out.
So if you are upset Im talking about you either you didnt actually read it - or you are a whiny bitchy asshole.
I read your post and I have no idea who you are calling out. It seemed like a generic whiny post about being whiny... perhaps you need to be a tad more specific next time instead of lobbing insult nades.

Its all good. I have no feelings either way
Old 2013-01-06, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
yadda
Private

There's a difference between whining and constructive criticism talking about the game we play. What you're doing is called whining.

Name calling, really? "Calling out"? Are we back in middle school?
Old 2013-01-06, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
AThreatToYou
Major

Where are you reading this over negativity and whiney-ness? I'm not finding it; this place is averagely cynical. I see no issue.
Old 2013-01-07, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I see.... If someone points to a problem which was already solved by game mechanics of ps1 and suggests to use the same mechanics in ps2 he is a whiny bitchy asshole.
Old 2013-01-07, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Moodel
Private

@Ghoest9

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that but for me the game play and design is working almost exactly as I would like it.

Very little for me to bitch about truth be told.

Each empire has their own strengths and weaknesses and once you get used to them it doesn't really matter which side your on just that your team operates as exactly that. A team.
Old 2013-01-07, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
psijaka
Contributor
Major

@Ghoest9

Agree with what you say. There are still plenty of things wrong in PS2, but overall I'm loving the game; experienced nothing else like it.

Constructive criticism is fine, but all too often we see negative whiney posts that do not offer any feasible solutions; counterproductive as they swamp the decent posts that do.
Old 2013-01-07, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Where are you reading this over negativity and whiney-ness? I'm not finding it; this place is averagely cynical. I see no issue.
Agreed, I've barely seen anything non-constructive. One person made a thread recently with lot of rage, that's about it.

I complain a lot, but only because I care. I don't like insulting people either, you gotta have some class.
Old 2013-01-07, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I disagree,

And I dont want people to stop complaining. But for example the post suggesting Smed lose his job - wasnt complaining about an issue - it was just stupid nonsense bitching.
There is nothing hypocritical about honesty.
This place by far is the last stronghold of constructiveness. If you want to see what hypocrisy is, you totally need to spend 2 or 3 days on the official boards.

Besides if you want people to stop bitching, you should set a decent example, now ain't I right? And "The game has problems (not unexpected really) but stop acting like whiney idiots" thread name doesn't have the constructive ring to it.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-01-07 at 06:21 AM.
Old 2013-01-07, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Levente
First Sergeant

this forum is turning out to be the EA UK BAttlfield 3 forum lol. but theres no reason to do this. the game will get along just fine, it needs some time. i personally dont like the guns at all
Old 2013-01-07, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Figment
Lieutenant General

OP is 'special'.

Originally Posted by Levente View Post
this forum is turning out to be the EA UK BAttlfield 3 forum lol.
Well the game already turned out that way, so it only makes sense. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion