Cone Of Fire - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Animal tested, Kitty aproved.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-09, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Easterling16
Private

Cone Of Fire

hi
i am a newbie planetside and i was wondering what is the cone of fire is..i read it on the official site but i cant figure out what it is????please help
Old 2003-06-09, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jasmina
Private

Open the manual....
Old 2003-06-09, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
rafein
Private

Cone of fire is basically the area your shots can go when firing.

Basically, when holding a gun, you get a recticle. Your shots, when fired, can land anywhere in that recticle. So your shots are not always dead center. The smaller the cone, the more accurate your shots will be, unless at point blank range.

Things like jumping, running increase the cone of fire, making the weapon less accurate. Also, some guns, like the NC Gauss, have a high recoil, and the longer you hold the fire button, the bigger the cone gets.

Crounching decreases the zone of fire, leading to more accurate shots. But your less mobile. shooting in small bursts, instead of auto firing, keeps the recoil down, so the cone of fire does not increase.

Hope that helps.
Old 2003-06-09, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Easterling16
Private

ya thanxs...when i read about it on the offcial site i was confused but now i know thanxs
Old 2003-06-09, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Originally posted by rafein
Cone of fire is basically the area your shots can go when firing.

Basically, when holding a gun, you get a recticle. Your shots, when fired, can land anywhere in that recticle. So your shots are not always dead center. The smaller the cone, the more accurate your shots will be, unless at point blank range.

Things like jumping, running increase the cone of fire, making the weapon less accurate. Also, some guns, like the NC Gauss, have a high recoil, and the longer you hold the fire button, the bigger the cone gets.

Crounching decreases the zone of fire, leading to more accurate shots. But your less mobile. shooting in small bursts, instead of auto firing, keeps the recoil down, so the cone of fire does not increase.

Hope that helps.
ExactlY
Old 2003-06-09, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Thats the main reason why i hate the mini-chaingun. To reduce recoil, you will need to fire in short bursts. But im usually too cought up in battle to remember to do that.
So the bullets end up flying aimlessly past the opponent as they strike me down with their lasher.
Old 2003-06-10, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Keep trying to control bursts, after a while it'll become second nature. But really, you shouldn't have to control bursts with a chaingun, just let it rip!
Old 2003-06-10, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Indeed
Old 2003-06-10, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
rafein
Private

Cone gets pretty high with the gauss Rifle if you fire more than a few shots. It's where i got used to bursting
Old 2003-06-10, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Jasmina
Open the manual....
that would help... really open the manuel, it wont explode

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-06-10, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kaltagesta
Banned

CS taught me that! if u didnt in CS, u were dad before you can say 'OMFG H4X0R!!!1"
Old 2003-06-10, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jarlo
Second Lieutenant

CS taught me that! if u didnt in CS, u were dad before you can say 'OMFG H4X0R!!!1"
You became a dad in CS? That is friggin weird!
Old 2003-06-10, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by Sp3ctre
Keep trying to control bursts, after a while it'll become second nature. But really, you shouldn't have to control bursts with a chaingun, just let it rip!
Yerp,anyway it's CoF is so large even when not firing shooting in bursts doesn't work anyway
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion