CC came out a little more than a week ago and already trial? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We are one.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-06, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

CC came out a little more than a week ago and already trial?

Sounds like someone is loseing money...
Old 2003-11-06, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Personally, if they are going to give free trials, they should also give an extra free month, like what came with the origional box.
Old 2003-11-06, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Naw...Free CC is good but it needs to be about 2 weeks or so. 7 days just isn't going to to cut it for me.

Old 2003-11-06, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Laeritides
Staff Sergeant

I think this free trial is a bad thing for SOE. ppl are going to get to see that it is not worth it. At least they maybe could have suckered a couple of more ppl into buying it without tring it. Now everyone will try it and see how worthless it is.
Old 2003-11-06, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Well think ecconimcs (cant spell it) if they lose money then they will drop price to get more people in aka lower monthly prices or do a Planetside and CC game package for $30... just some things that could happen...
Old 2003-11-06, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
DramaticFanatic
First Sergeant

I think the CC expansion is a piece of crap. I am sorry to say, I downloaded the expansion enthusiastic-like, and what happened was I didn't even have an incentive to go underground. I have played for 2 days of the trial, but I can't be bothered to go underground. I don't even like the new weapons or vehicles. Personally, I like to stay above the ground. Let the moles do the work.
Old 2003-11-06, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Its not like there are battles or any reason to go into the caves. CC rocks, is a blast to play in, but Sony made it irrelivant. Why they wanted to ruin thier own product I have no idea
Old 2003-11-06, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
FireZ
Corporal

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Its not like there are battles or any reason to go into the caves. CC rocks, is a blast to play in, but Sony made it irrelivant. Why they wanted to ruin thier own product I have no idea
After the patch CC is much more relevent. I had loads of fun down last night. no more insta-flipping bases. The weapons are sweet. I radiated a few people right outta a vehicle and a few turrets. Another Sony non-documented fix...the Redoubt center has equip terms. CC is definitly worth it with the latest patch.
Old 2003-11-06, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

I had reservations about buying it. I know it's only $30 but I'm a bit on the frugal side. Don't confuse it with cheap, I just like to spend money on something I know I'll use or find valuable. Theres a few other games out there I'd rather have than Core Combat. Just from playing 1 day of the free trial, it looks like it should have been a $14.99 if not free. Even after the free trial I didnt see but one or two enemies down there the whole time I was in there. I did cert in a flail with a noob tune at level 3, in no time I was 6 just from taking out MAX's and Vanguards in just a couple of hits. That was fun...I've been blown to bits by Vanguards enough .. it was nice getting a little payback.

But unless your base has an equipment module it isn't worth it. By the time you go down into the Core and get a vehicle, weapon or module theres usually a Reaver camping the warp gate waiting for you to come out. Who wants to spend 20 minutes going to a geowarp and getting a Maelstom or spiker only to be mowed over the moment you get anywhere near a Hot Spot.

So..for what its worth..my opinion....

-It's a nice bell and whistle feature, but currently not very practicle. The modules make for fun game play and give good reason to defend a base down to the last man. But unless you go down and get or have the correct module installed you cant do diddly with the new gear. About the only saving grace I can see is making the new vehicles and weapons available at Sanctuary. The free trial did nothing but affirm what I had already thought. For now, I'll save my $30.
Old 2003-11-06, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont mind that they do the 7- day trial cause i dont have it yet (will get it this weekend) I went in the caves and i thought it was awsome! Although there might be a small number of ppl down there its still enjoyable.
PLUS i actually beable to try out the flail outside the VR and i dont care what the nerfs did

So i think its a good idea for SOE to do a 7-day free to get ppl interested in buying it cause it sounds like they running low on ca$h
Old 2003-11-06, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

No, the patch didnt do enough in reguards to the CC problem.
Old 2003-11-06, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

^ think u posted in wrong thread
Old 2003-11-06, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Responding to FireZ
Old 2003-11-06, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Qyeenside, how comes your sig is in only one of two posts on page?
Old 2003-11-06, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
Sounds like someone is loseing money...
Sounds like someone doesent have any idea what they are talking about.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion