Returning Veteran - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma is the end.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-08-10, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Returning Veteran

Hey all, I used to play Planetside a lot a couple of years back (as Gatekeeper and VectorVictor), but the "white textures and crashing" bug eventually drove me from the game.

I've now got a shiny new PC, and despite my better judgement I can't help thinking about using it to play Planetside. So assuming there are still some buddy keys available I guess maybe I'll try installing the game in a few days time. Of course knowing my luck it'll crash on this PC too... but you never know

So what have I missed? It looks like the Phantasm and Galaxy Gunship finally went live? Did they finally add the advanced deployables they were talking about?
Old 2007-08-13, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hessy17
Private

Re: Returning Veteran

same for me.... i might start playing again
Old 2007-08-13, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ultraviolente
Private

Advanced deployables? You mean Fortification Engineering, like TRAPs, Aegis Shield Generators, Manned Field Deptoyable Turrets and other stuff like that? Then yes.
And yes, Phanty and Gal Gunship are live. However, Gunships suck and Phantys are overpowered... For now at least.
But you should still try getting back, the community appreciates every addition to the active playerbase.

Also, if your computer is recent enough, you will be fine. I assembled mine just back in april, and with the right configuration i get 100-200 FPS in open areas, and sometimes over 300 in caverns/facillities.
/epeen off. :P
Old 2007-08-13, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
soadconnor
Private

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Hey all, I used to play Planetside a lot a couple of years back (as Gatekeeper and VectorVictor), but the "white textures and crashing" bug eventually drove me from the game.

I've now got a shiny new PC, and despite my better judgement I can't help thinking about using it to play Planetside. So assuming there are still some buddy keys available I guess maybe I'll try installing the game in a few days time. Of course knowing my luck it'll crash on this PC too... but you never know

So what have I missed? It looks like the Phantasm and Galaxy Gunship finally went live? Did they finally add the advanced deployables they were talking about?
I will list it because I am a returning vet as well.

1) Added a flamethrower (its been nerfed)
2) Added a new missle launcher that shoots above an enemies head and drops cluster bombs
3) Added assault and fortification engineering. Not used much but some features include upgrading wall turrets to be AV or AA. They can deploy 1 man turrets, called Orions. They can deploy tank traps. They can deploy generators. They can deploy spitfires in enemy SOIs. Just a few things.
4) They added a new faction specific pistol under medium assault.
5) They added a faction specific variant of the big Sunderer ground transport.
6) Gal gunship and phantasm!
7) Swords are on their way

Thats it I think
Old 2007-08-14, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Soadconnor2
Banned

Wow these updates are pretty niffty. Its gonna be fun as heck relearning how to play the game after a one year absence. SO much has changed, not that the game didn't need it.
Old 2007-08-14, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
shytty
Private

I too am dieing to get back into planetside if even for just trial period. It is one of the only games I still think about and regret not being able to play.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion