Jump Packs? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mini-Chaingun, it gives you wings!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-13, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Jump Packs?

As you can see from these pictures, these NC have some kind of backpack on their backs, and from the look of it, I believe it is some sort of jump pack. I remember reading somewhere that Agile should get some sort of jump packs to offset their reduced durability, but is it possible that SOE has taken this tip and put it into the game?

I will definitely be willing to trade in my rexo for agile if this were the case. Can you imagine a few squads of agiles jumping the wall, taking down defenses and planting mines, providing enough distraction to get for their empire to break through or ultimately being slaughtered by the heavier enemy troops?

Definitely has me excited, if this is in fact the case.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2011-07-13, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Jump Packs?

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=36387

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2011-07-13, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vancha
Colonel

They've confirmed jump packs will be in-game, strictly for elevation, rather than distance.

I think a lot of people are imagining them in the context of PS1 bases; jumping up to or over the CY walls, but it could be that the structures in PS2 are completely different and aren't conducive to jump troops, maybe they'll only be useful for jumping terrain. We just don't know yet.
Old 2011-07-13, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
They've confirmed jump packs will be in-game, strictly for elevation, rather than distance.

I think a lot of people are imagining them in the context of PS1 bases; jumping up to or over the CY walls, but it could be that the structures in PS2 are completely different and aren't conducive to jump troops, maybe they'll only be useful for jumping terrain. We just don't know yet.

Terrain has been built with them in mind you can tell. Since the towers roof was really high off the ground. I doubt the jump packs can reach the roof from ground level. I think they will basically be like Reapers from Starcraft 2. Move fast an have light armor an can leap over small hills an walls.
Old 2011-07-13, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

Higby confirmed you can't use jetpacks and heavy assault. They will mostly be fore height and not for fight.
Old 2011-07-13, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rarntogo
Corporal

And not everyone will have them. Only one certain *race* was the term I think he used, will have a jet pack and if they have one, will have to give up something else.
Old 2011-07-13, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rarntogo View Post
And not everyone will have them. Only one certain *race* was the term I think he used, will have a jet pack and if they have one, will have to give up something else.
Class was the term used.
Old 2011-07-14, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion