PSU: Where everyone has a hart
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2011-08-27, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Blitzkri
Private

Triple monitors

I want to use them all at once. I saw people doing it in videos and figured it be as easy as plug and go. However there seems to be something holding me back.

I have all the equipment/hardware needed to hook into everything.

My PC is a Gateway FX 6850 with an ATI Radeon HD 6770 1024 MB
All the correct ports and hookups. I actually have the monitors running right now with various windows open and such. I can even run Planetside on any monitor. Also, i can "Clone" 1 screen to run the same thing as my main screen. I cannot figure out how to do this with all 3 at once. I dont care about that, i only want to spread out the whole across all screens.
Old 2011-08-28, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Marsman
Major

Re: Triple monitors

You want the "extend my desktop" on your additional monitors rather than the "clone my desktop" option. That should give you one large desktop that will go across all three monitor. Note that you can click and drag the extra monitor(s) on the display configuration page so that they match your physical layout. Multi monitor utilities also exist that help with multiple monitors (UltraMon for example). Hope that helps.
Old 2011-08-30, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mutant
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Re: Triple monitors

Sounds like you are currently running in extended desktop mode. (Windows shows the start bar in only the center screen)

You need to run in "eyefinity" mode (start bar extends all the way across all 3 screens) by creating a display group (eyefinity profile) in catalyst control center, this is not obvious but is easy enouth.
See here (for old CCC): http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...ay-groups.aspx

If you have latest drivers CCC will look different but you need to do a similar process.

You will proberly want to switch between extended and eyefinity depending on what you are doing so it’s wise to create shortcuts for each. On my setup I have set Alt-F5 extended and Alt-F6 eyefinity and only switch to eyefinity for when I’m playing a game that runs well in eyefinity.

Also note that planetside does not support eyefinity at all, it just clones the game to all 3 screens. (if anyone has got it working please please post a guide on how you did it)
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum