PSU: I see purple people!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-05, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Bighoss
General

Hydrogen Power Mini Van

it was announced today on the news that the two companies GMC and shell Oil will be developing a hyrdogen powered car. Lets hope they go through with it It will end the oil wars which are almost here if not about to start.
Old 2003-03-05, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

anyone else notice the wierdest part of that?

"it was announced today on the news that the two companies GMC and shell Oil will be developing a hyrdogen powered car."

Hehehehe.

I am sure they mean well but...

Last edited by Headrattle; 2003-03-05 at 11:13 PM.
Old 2003-03-05, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

if one more person calls it an oil war...
Old 2003-03-05, 11:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Doobz
if one more person calls it an oil war...

Well The war isn't all about Oil. That is true. But if the region's main export was carrots, no body would care. Oil effects everything because we are so dependent on it.

And if you look at the prices, the market, at least, believes it is about oil enough to freak out about it. And those lemmings are going to effect my gas tank. The bastards.
Old 2003-03-05, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

yay fuel cells
Old 2003-03-05, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Duritz
Staff Sergeant

Well, they use crude oil to make the hydrogen car fuel so Shell will profit.

Also, I think this whole hydrogen fuel cell thing is a ploy to let people look more ecologically supportive. People have been working on, talking about, and critsizing this for years.

Fact is, that MAKING the hydrgen fuel cells puts almost as much pollution iinto the air as refining gasoline and burning it off in cars.

I'm also wondering if and or when we will go into Sudan. Our oil companies have already jumped on it, but the U.S. government probably won't do anything because it's too controversial.

(Made by Airlift)

I AM the definition of meticulous.

Last edited by Duritz; 2003-03-05 at 11:26 PM.
Old 2003-03-05, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bighoss
General

not refering to iraq war when I say oil wars
Old 2003-03-05, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Camping Carl
Major

Oil war, oil war, oil war.

Hey... that's a pretty good tounge-twister!

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-03-06, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Old 2003-03-06, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Sounds cool, How long until we get flying cars though
Old 2003-03-06, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamma
PSU Admin

Screw that.

I like my Supercharged V8

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-06, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

guys, look at what has to be going on about the hydrogen cars, i mean really, its right there:

everyone wants an alternate to gas
hydrogen is much more efficient, clean burning (get water when burn it, and water dosnt pollute much lol)

now how do you change from oil to hydrogen without destroying 10s of thousands of jobs in America from shipping to refining, etc?

make a deal with opec (most people that have studied economics realize that this has gone on)

simple as that

If bush made a deal with opec to raise the price of gas, so that opec could develop the hydrogen plants necessary to produce hydrogen now, and not gas, you get 2 things:

create new jobs, and encourage people to buy hydrogen powered cars, since the fuel is much cheaper.

so it is a win win scenario.

Now if bush invades, he will lose any backing from opec, and thus hurt his own image by the hydrogen plants not being developed as fast, so it can not be about the oil.

Do you really think that we can produce oil over there cheaper than they can???? It costs us (due to our laws) much more to produce the oil, that is why we dont, we have the oil, Texas, Alaska, and offshore along the gulf have as much oil as they have, but it is cheaper to get it from them since they have virtually no labor laws, I mean if it is cheaper to ship oil half way around the world than produce it here, why would we want to produce it over there???

It can not be about the oil, it is a lose lose scenario.

This is all just like the news people complaining that the Texas legislature isn�t passing enough bills yet in the session, but it is ILLIGAL to pass bills in the Texas legislature until the 60th day in session (like the 50th thus far), and you can not pass anything until both houses vote on it, then resolve a final bill, thus that takes about 60 days to resolve bills after that, so historically, around the 120th day is when the legislature starts passing bills.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-03-06, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Duritz

Fact is, that MAKING the hydrgen fuel cells puts almost as much pollution iinto the air as refining gasoline and burning it off in cars.
this is true only until we get the more efficient refineries created, right now it is done with standard refining processes *normal chemical burning, charge particles, separate hydrogen*, but once enough hydrogen is produced to fuel the factories, or we use direct clean energy to create it (dams, wind, geo-thermal) ((not solar, since to create 1 solar panel actually creates a massive amount of deadly poison that is about the same pollution as burning coal for the 2/3rds the lifespan of the panel))

but once we get the process down, it will be a reduction of well over 80% in pollution (refining will be some what polluting no matter what we do) and the burning of hydrogen gives you water, so nothing to worry about there

P.S.
hydragan powered cars will be used primarally to charge battary powered cars, and electrical powered cars are much much more powerful than anything gas can make, so a V8's power will be nothing compared to a normal electric car (physics people, its a wonderful thing )

ok, all of this is just my 5.00$ for the day
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."

Last edited by MrVulcan; 2003-03-06 at 08:07 AM.
Old 2003-03-06, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Why would shell oil be in on it you ask?

Oil becomes less important, hydrogen fuel cells more important. Oil Componys lose money, but if your the compony that produces the cars (GMC) and are in league with the compony that can produce the fuel cells (Shell) then your in a win win situation. You produce the first (and at first only) hydro cars and their fuel cells. Other componys might make hydro cars next, but because all the egsisting ones use one fuel cell your car to must use that you make. Win/Win for Shell and GMC, and they look to be doing their part to help take america off the relieance of foriegn oil, what heros!
Old 2003-03-06, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Tobias
Why would shell oil be in on it you ask?

Oil becomes less important, hydrogen fuel cells more important. Oil Componys lose money, but if your the compony that produces the cars (GMC) and are in league with the compony that can produce the fuel cells (Shell) then your in a win win situation. You produce the first (and at first only) hydro cars and their fuel cells. Other componys might make hydro cars next, but because all the egsisting ones use one fuel cell your car to must use that you make. Win/Win for Shell and GMC, and they look to be doing their part to help take america off the relieance of foriegn oil, what heros!
yep yep yep
*but we are not relied on foreign oil much, only cheaper to buy it than produce it, and opec will prob create a bit of our hydrogen, since they wil fight to keep in the game, but over the years following the car's intergration into our country, we will start producing more and more over here

*but isnt shell owned by opec? Know that it gets alot of gas there, but everyone does... hmmm dont remember.... ????
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge