What will President Bush announce tonight? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When HART drops go bad
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

View Poll Results: What will President Bush announce?
A war with Iraq will begin within days. 4 15.38%
He is prepared to give Saddam a deadline 6 23.08%
We captured Bin Laden! 1 3.85%
The creation of coins shaped like race cars and thimbles to go along with our new monopoly money. 15 57.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-03-06, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Civilian
Contributor
Major

What will President Bush announce tonight?

President Bush will hold a news conference tonight from the White House at 7 p.m. CST. Several news sources have speculated that he will discuss anything from the capture of Bin Laden to the impending war on Iraq. What do you think he will announce?

Last edited by Civilian; 2003-03-06 at 06:01 PM.
Old 2003-03-06, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I am not sure, but I know that Hans Blix (a weapons inspector) is supposed to deliver a report on Iraq to the UN Security Council on Friday(tommorow). Colin Powell is supposed appear before the Security council on friday also.

As we speak, Powell is trying to get the votes need for a a resolution that would allow the use of force against Iraq.

I am sure that Bush's speech is a political manuver to help Powell
gain those votes so that we could have a resolution as early as Friday (again that is tommorow).

It is reported that Bush's speech will not contain any new intelligence information, so don't expect too much content.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-03-06, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Someone let me know what he said. Around 7 I'll comense "operation hammered".

Old 2003-03-06, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-03-06, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Arshune
Captain

You didn't have an option for "scientists have discovered that I really AM the missing link." Seriously, Bush raped our economy to the max. I used to be able to get jobs that paid 7.50 an hour WITH NO HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. His war jibber jabber cut that offer down to 6.00 even. I want my exorbitant wages back.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-03-06, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

"Bush raped our economy to the max. I used to be able to get jobs that paid 7.50 an hour WITH NO HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA. His war jibber jabber cut that offer down to 6.00 even. I want my exorbitant wages back."

Maybe you'd get paid more if you understood economics - *AT ALL*.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-03-06, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

BTW - Powell just made a total idiot out of Blix yesterday.

I say it's almost war time. Hooah.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-03-06, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Arshune
Captain

I understand economics well enough to know that the talk of war makes everything dip, but they go back up after war. Well I won't have time to work when the war's over, I'll be in college. So it doesn't help me out any at all.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-03-06, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

come on blue money...
Old 2003-03-06, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Everyone knows that Slick Bill Willy sat on his ass for eight years while giving out his cigar and let Bush step into a huge pile of shit when he got into office. Half, if not more, of the things that are wrong or are in poor structure with the US as of today is not soley because of Bush. Most of it is because of Slick Bill Willy and his being lazy for his eight years in office. Given the circumstances, Bush is handleing things the best he can in his clean up efforts from Clinton. Two main points: 1. Clinton let Korea have the knowledge of nucler power they needed to get things going and look what happened. 2. Clinton, while in office, let Bin laden go even when he was handed to him. He just let him go because he didn't want to deal with it and look what happened.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-03-06 at 05:35 PM.
Old 2003-03-06, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Spider
General

:O: 7.50?? not much mate....

I got my diploma... no humiliating job and I have a salary of 20$/hour canadian tho.... so that gives me a big.... 50 cents american!!!!!!!!!! YAY
Old 2003-03-06, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Ranger
Everyone knows that Slick Bill Willy sat on his ass for eight years while giving out his cigar and let Bush step into a huge pile of shit when he got into office. Half, if not more, of the things that are wrong or are in poor structure with the US as of today is not soley because of Bush. Most of it is because of Slick Bill Willy and his being lazy for his eight years in office. Given the circumstances, Bush is handleing things the best he can in his clean up efforts from Clinton.
Please explain how war with Iraq is Clinton fault. Seems like it is Saddam's fault, not Clinton's. Other countries seem to think that War is avoidable here.

What was so bad about Clinton, was it the fact that he balanced the budget so much that there was a budget surpluss?

Was it the fact that he was making real headway on preserving social security.

Was it the fact that he was making headway in creating peace between Israel and the PLO?

Old 2003-03-06, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Where did you get out of what I said that the impending war with Iraq is Clintons fault? Seems to me that I didn't even say anything about the impending war in the quote that you posted of me. So WTF is you question or point Lex? To answer your question anyway for starters in 19whatever the inspectors where kicked out of Iraq under Clintons presidency, he then went on to not even put forth the effort to get them back in. There for he sat on his ass for eight years and let things build up and didn't do a damn thing to prevent the events that lead us to today.

Last edited by CDaws; 2003-03-06 at 06:01 PM.
Old 2003-03-06, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Bighoss
General

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
[BMaybe you'd get paid more if you understood economics - *AT ALL*. [/B]
LOL Nav I was laughing so hard after I read that. Perhaps among the cruelist things you've said.

I just missed our good oll horny Southern Boy Had sex with the interns while everyone else took care of it.

Right now my visision of America is that were driving home from a bitching party (Making a shit load of money off other countries). The driver (America) is so drunk off his ass and the other people in the car (other countries) keep telling us to pull over to so they can let us puke on the side of the road and have somone drop us off at our house so we can recover.

lol I think that sounds about right
Old 2003-03-06, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Ranger
Where did you get out of what I said that the impending war with Iraq is Clintons fault? Seems to me that I didn't even say anything about the impending war in the quote that you posted of me. So WTF is you question or point Lex? To answer your question anyway for starters in 19whatever the inspectors where kicked out of Iraq under Clintons presidency, he then went on to not even put forth the effort to get them back in. There for he sat on his ass for eight years and let things build up and didn't do a damn thing to prevent the events that lead us to today.
The thread was about Bush's speach tonight which is presumably about Iraq and Powells presentation to the Security council that took place yesterday. I appologise if you were not referring to the situation in Iraq.

As far as letting them build up, are you suggesting we should have gone to war then? Then whats the difference between war now or war then?

Is Clinton so bad for trying to work things out with Iraq without a war. Clinton was firmly against Iraq having WMDs. If you recall Clinton ordered airstrikes against Iraq following Iraqs failure to comply with the weapons inspector.

As far as not doing a damn thing and just sitting on his ass, I listed just a handful of the many things clinton did while in office.

My point is that Clinton did do stuff while in office, and War with Iraq is not Clintons fault.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge