Galaxy - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dont drop the soap
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-30, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Galaxy

I was looking at TB's last video and when he was flying around in a galaxy what came to mind was how important the galaxy will be in Planetside 2.
The reason is because there will be so many capture points that gals will be needed to quickly transport forces strong enough as well as re-enforce the forces in order to capture the hexes and acquire their resources.
Another reason would be that spawning vehicles will cost resources. So our tactic of spawning Mosquitoes to quickly get to the capture or re-secure point then ejecting and abandoning the vehicle will be uneconomical. This is where the galaxy can play the major role.
My question is does this sound about right or is there something I'm missing?

Last edited by capiqu; 2012-05-30 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Galaxy

AMS were extremely crucial so it makes sense that the galaxy which replaces it in this would be too.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Jinxsey
Corporal

From the sound of it the sundie may pick up a spawner option as well. In either case the answer to your question is, yes. The galaxy will play a much larger role than before in all probability.
Old 2012-05-30, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

I started Planetside as a Galaxy Pilot, it was just such a monstrously powerful tool, able to drop hell from above. With it's newfound importance as a deployed spawn point, or as a circling moving spawn point for your squad, it's going to be a huge deal. And honestly with the new flight mechanics the prospect of flying it is better than ever in my eyes.

I'm definitely going to take it in sideways and do a beggers-canyon run with it first thing in Beta
Old 2012-05-30, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by RedKnights View Post
I started Planetside as a Galaxy Pilot, it was just such a monstrously powerful tool, able to drop hell from above. With it's newfound importance as a deployed spawn point, or as a circling moving spawn point for your squad, it's going to be a huge deal. And honestly with the new flight mechanics the prospect of flying it is better than ever in my eyes.

I'm definitely going to take it in sideways and do a beggers-canyon run with it first thing in Beta
You're aware you can only spawn at it when its deployed on the ground yea?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-05-30, 03:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zekeen
Major

The funny thing about the Galaxy, is that, while it isn't seen much in advertisements or cover art, it is actually "THE" vehicle of Planetside. It is the one vehicle that really separate Planetside from other shooters apart from the size, scale, persistence, and style.

I think the Devs realized this and saw that it could be given even more significance in PS2. The best part of the Galaxy is that it's a traditional PS1 gameplay element. PS2 has a lot of speeding up in lots of ways, but the use and need of the Galaxy proves that it will be slowed just enough between engagements.

It's also that the added importance of Galaxys increase the importance of Reavers, Mosquitos, and Scythes. Now, you gotta guard that craft more, with all the enhanced flight features. They kept the Galaxy VERY VERY clunky, which is SURE to please all us Galaxy pilots (we prefer it requiring more skill so we're more valuable).

All in all, yeah, Galaxy is important, and I am happy cause of that.
Old 2012-05-30, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Anyone that is good at shooting and killing things in PS is immensely happy that there are people good at playing support roles as well... without them, their ability to shoot and kill things is severely diminished. And that works both ways... that's one of the many reasons PS fucken slaughters any other FPS.

In short; Glas are YAY!
Old 2012-05-30, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
The funny thing about the Galaxy, is that, while it isn't seen much in advertisements or cover art, it is actually "THE" vehicle of Planetside. It is the one vehicle that really separate Planetside from other shooters apart from the size, scale, persistence, and style.

I think the Devs realized this and saw that it could be given even more significance in PS2. The best part of the Galaxy is that it's a traditional PS1 gameplay element. PS2 has a lot of speeding up in lots of ways, but the use and need of the Galaxy proves that it will be slowed just enough between engagements.

It's also that the added importance of Galaxys increase the importance of Reavers, Mosquitos, and Scythes. Now, you gotta guard that craft more, with all the enhanced flight features. They kept the Galaxy VERY VERY clunky, which is SURE to please all us Galaxy pilots (we prefer it requiring more skill so we're more valuable).

All in all, yeah, Galaxy is important, and I am happy cause of that.
Galaxy was easily one of if not THE most used vehicle for me, whether that was gunning, passenger, or piloting. It was always the first choice of transportation.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion