Reopen PS1 trials? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is just a test.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Allow trials for the orginal Planetside?
Yes 31 56.36%
No 24 43.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-05, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

Reopen PS1 trials?

With PS2 only a few weeks/months away from beta, whats everyone's take on re-opening trials to Planetside?

I can already hear the screaming from veterans all around. Listen, no other game on SOE's roster has taken such a beating from hackers more than Planetside has. I been playing this game for far to long to know this. I've seen populations drop so badly, where there was only 18 players in the total game, if not less!

With PS2 around the corner, why not allow people to get familiarize with the original Planetside and to understand the three empire's and weapon concepts that made Planetside such a killer game to begin with?

Of course this would require SOE to highly enforce their customer service responses. They have on one hand, been doing a semi decent job since the hacker break out; dealing with customer inquiries. So its something to take into consideration. Not to mention, this could test SOE on a small scale, of whether or not they truly can police Planetside correctly.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.

Last edited by xSquirtle; 2012-06-05 at 09:07 PM.
Old 2012-06-05, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Reopen PS1 trials?

I don't want the trials opened back up. PS isn't going to be a good representation of what PS2 is going to be. Plus with the amount of hackers that possibility will be floating around with those will make it look even worse.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

no.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-05, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

No, last thing we need to give is bad impression for PS2 by plaguing the game with blatant trial account hackers

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-06-05, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hosp
First Sergeant

While i wouldnt mind the extra players, the hackers wouldnt be worth it.
Old 2012-06-06, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

The problem is that people are turning down the re-opening of trails because of hackers. Yet PS2 is going to be F2P, if SOE can't control a small segment of players in Planetside then why should they even bother with PS2?

Do you not have faith with-in SOE?

Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
Old 2012-06-06, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Not a matter of trusting SOE with this at all. PS1 is dead. I don't want them having to put any more resources into that game be it CSR or Development. With PS2 SOE is actually putting in precautions to help with hacking plus having the proper CSR response.
Old 2012-06-06, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by xSquirtle View Post
The problem is that people are turning down the re-opening of trails because of hackers. Yet PS2 is going to be F2P, if SOE can't control a small segment of players in Planetside then why should they even bother with PS2?
No. Negative. Negatory. How hard was it for you to understand my reply?

no/nō/
Adjective:
Not any: "there is no excuse".

Exclamation:
Used to give a negative response: "“Is anything wrong?” “No.”".

Adverb:
Not at all; to no extent: "they were no more able to perform the task than I was".

Noun:
A negative answer or decision, as in voting.

Synonyms:
adjective. any - none - neither
adverb. not - nope
noun. negative - denial - nay - refusal - negation - rejection

You don't know what you're talking about, thus the answer of "no". Its very simple.

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-06-06, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
No. Negative. Negatory. How hard was it for you to understand my reply?

no/nō/
Adjective:
Not any: "there is no excuse".

Exclamation:
Used to give a negative response: "“Is anything wrong?” “No.”".

Adverb:
Not at all; to no extent: "they were no more able to perform the task than I was".

Noun:
A negative answer or decision, as in voting.

Synonyms:
adjective. any - none - neither
adverb. not - nope
noun. negative - denial - nay - refusal - negation - rejection

You don't know what you're talking about, thus the answer of "no". Its very simple.
yes

adverb
(used to express affirmation or assent or to mark the addition of something emphasizing and amplifying a previous statement): Do you want that? Yes, I do.
(used to express an emphatic contradiction of a previously negative statement or command): Don't do that! Oh, yes I will!
(used, usually interrogatively, to express hesitation, uncertainty, curiosity, etc.): “Yes?” he said as he opened the door. That was a marvelous show! Yes?
(used to express polite or minimal interest or attention.)
noun
an affirmative reply.
verb (used with object)
to give an affirmative reply to; give assent or approval to.
interjection
(used as a strong expression of joy, pleasure, or approval.)
Origin:
before 900; Middle English yes, yis, Old English gēse (adv. and noun), probably equivalent to gēa yea + sī be it (present subjunctive singular of bēon to be)

I can use dictionary.com too.

Old 2012-06-06, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

yes

adverb
(used to express affirmation or assent or to mark the addition of something emphasizing and amplifying a previous statement): Do you want that? Yes, I do.
(used to express an emphatic contradiction of a previously negative statement or command): Don't do that! Oh, yes I will!
(used, usually interrogatively, to express hesitation, uncertainty, curiosity, etc.): “Yes?” he said as he opened the door. That was a marvelous show! Yes?
(used to express polite or minimal interest or attention.)
noun
an affirmative reply.
verb (used with object)
to give an affirmative reply to; give assent or approval to.
interjection
(used as a strong expression of joy, pleasure, or approval.)
Origin:
before 900; Middle English yes, yis, Old English gēse (adv. and noun), probably equivalent to gēa yea + sī be it (present subjunctive singular of bēon to be)

I can use dictionary.com too.
The difference is that I know what I'm talking about and have actually witnessed the effect of the hackers that free trials opened up and you don't know what you're talking about. Thus, my opinion is more informed than yours is.

also with inflection as seen here:

or with comedy?
or with snakes?

Or as Korn put it, FUCK THAT

Or as the Soup Nazi famously said,

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-06 at 01:06 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

I don't know what I'm talking about? Have you not read the beginning of this thread? Your logic is awful and should be noted that the next game is going beyond a simple trial system that you fear so much. How about you give some substance rather then to spam my thread with your irrational thinking process.

Old 2012-06-06, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I don't know what I'm talking about? Have you not read the beginning of this thread? Your logic is awful and should be noted that the next game is going beyond a simple trial system that you fear so much. How about you give some substance rather then to spam my thread with your irrational thinking process.
I've stated my opposition to that as well, I know quite well that its going beyond it. If you are unwilling to listen, I will tell you that you are in for an immense and quite rude awakening when PS2 goes live. There are legions of PS1 players that have quit PS1 because of what the trials brought on.

Again. You are wrong. Factually incorrect. The trials should not be opened back up. There isn't even room for discussion on it. If SOE thought it to be a good idea, it would have been done already. The fact that you persist tells me that you didn't see the effect of it.

This is as crystal clear as 2+2 equaling 4.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-06 at 02:18 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Windmill
Private

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
I've stated my opposition to that as well, I know quite well that its going beyond it. If you are unwilling to listen, I will tell you that you are in for an immense and quite rude awakening when PS2 goes live. There are legions of PS1 players that have quit PS1 because of what the trials brought on.

Again. You are wrong. Factually incorrect. The trials should not be opened back up. There isn't even room for discussion on it. If SOE thought it to be a good idea, it would have been done already. The fact that you persist tells me that you didn't see the effect of it.

This is as crystal clear as 2+2 equaling 4.
You're saying that his opinion is "factually incorrect." That pretty much discredits everything you've said up until this point. You may or may not have had more experience than the OP in PS1 which brought you to a more informed decision than the OP. Just because you decided this doesn't make it objective. You're mistaking subjectivity for objectivity and are making a disproportionate amount of assertions without much backing them up.

I suggest you learn how to have a levelheaded discussion without attempting condescension, and maybe then people will take you half seriously.

I would like to try out PS1 if not to just see what made so many people like the game.
Old 2012-06-06, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

OK, Since you still persist I'll spell it out once more.

Before the trials, hundreds of people played each day, we even achieved cont locks. After it though? You're lucky to get 60 people on each side on the continent. We had a cont lock a few months ago, but its exceedingly rare. Rarer than before.

The cons far outweigh anything good that could come from it. You are incorrect. There is no other way to put it. Before the trials, quite a number of larger outfits existed.. these days it AT, Blue Lions and the TR zerg at one base.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-06 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2012-06-06, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Windmill
Private

Hahaha. I guess he can't or just refuses to comprehend what a subjective opinion is. You make interesting points but don't really seem to understand that you can't disprove someone's opinion. That's why it's an opinion. If you want to keep spewing out a blob half formulated condescension to fuel your pseudo-intellectual and/or superiority complex, go right ahead, but don't expect people to listen to you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion