Gameplay: Ramming Configurations / Resource Grinders - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Gave me brain damage =(
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-07-20, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Ramming Configurations / Resource Grinders

So that is my inspiration for this concept. It has two different parts to it: Ramming configurations and Resource Grinders.

Ramming Configurations - For all ground vehicles, two-seat or larger, where the driver has a gun.... provide the option to remove the driver gun and replace it with a Ramming device... this not only increases the torque and speed for the vehicle, but also allows it to deal heavy damage from ramming other vehicles and infantry, as well as making the vehicle immune to frontal collision damage (except when met by another Ramming config tank). Gunners are still able to operate their usual weaponry, and may get more ammo than they would normally.

Resource Grinders are a similar concept. The weapon of any driver-gunned ground vehicle can instead be replaced with a forward-mounted device that accumulates resources for the player or the empire as a whole. This is done in two ways - attacking with the Resource Grinder as a weapon, or coming up to parked / destroyed vehicles and disassembling them for salvageable goods. Using the resource grinder as a weapon is dangerous, because it makes the vehicle very vulnerable, but it can potentially allow the driver to inflict heavy damage and destroy a larger vehicle by being persistent with the weapon. For parked (and enemy-owned) or destroyed vehicles, the Resource Grinder slowly chews through it, collecting some value from the remaining alloys and usable materials that are collected. Live vehicles give more resources than destroyed ones, but also take a bit longer to break up.

Both of these options are explorations in using ramming as a designed tactic, which seems like a viable way to kill the opponent if the situation arises. If there is a speed boost with the use of a ramming weapon, that will make natural front-line vehicles that can get to a point early and start suppressing air or infantry.

Last edited by Neurotoxin; 2012-07-20 at 02:20 PM.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zekeen
Major

Re: Ramming Configurations / Resource Grinders

On Ramming, the Sunderer seems to be the best (or only) option for it. I think the Sunderer can already shove vehicles out of the way, so a ramming addition makes a LOT of sense for it.

On mining trucks - I had an idea on this that CALLS for mining trucks.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=40030

So obviously I find it as a good idea, even just to grab scrap salvage!
Old 2012-07-20, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Old 2012-07-20, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Pinkie Pie
Corporal

i like this idea. maby remove the ''additional ammo'' idea, and make the resource grinder's ramming attack a bit weaker than what you've described.
+support from me!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault