Tank Side? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's html?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-17, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Tank Side?

No crewed MBT's and dedicated driver class in place of the vehicle cert system of PS1 and......surprise! Just like us vets said, you now have Tank Side. This is what all that screaming, whining and warning was about. Hopefully they will listen now and fix this before release or I will not be playing PS2.
"Like watching retards hump a door knob"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_NB5_GGLbbY

Vote here to fix this. http://planetside-tracker.com/sugges...ing-a-purpose/

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-10-17 at 02:27 AM.
Old 2012-10-17, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
DaMann
Private

Re: Tank Side?

I see what you mean but if everyone wants to spawn a tank then its legit. maybe increase the resource cost (400-500 for battle tanks, 300-400 for lightings)
Old 2012-10-17, 02:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by DaMann View Post
I see what you mean but if everyone wants to spawn a tank then its legit. maybe increase the resource cost (400-500 for battle tanks, 300-400 for lightings)
Or just fix it so tanks have to have a crew, no solo MBT's. This is not COD and it is not BF3 this is planet side. That style of play just does not work in PS. There is simply to many players to allow every player to just solo/lonewolf it in a fucking MBT! PS1 had this mechanic right from the beginning and they need to change it back. You want to solo you get a lighting, you want to play as a team player then you cooperate and get a MBT. You also should have to be a dedicated driver class in place of the cert system from PS1 as I said otherwise this only fixes it half way as you would still have way to many lighting's everywhere.

P.S Notice in the video there is only one sunderer which is also actually making the video, "1" team player carrying troops. The rest just solo it to the fucking battle in there very own main battle TANK like its some kind of fucking taxi!

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-10-17 at 02:15 AM.
Old 2012-10-17, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

I really only have an issue with it when 40 tanks are lounging around out side of a tower and none the drivers can be bothered to get out and cap the point. Climbing virtual stairs must be too much like work for some people...

Vehicles are great, when they aren't being used as an avatar replacement for lazy people who simply want a lot of hit points and a big gun.
Old 2012-10-17, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I agree. I love tanks but I made a thread in the idea vault a long time ago suggesting that they should do something about the tanks.

You can find my suggestion here.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=41980

Although my suggestion is to make the main gun available to the driver when no one is in the gunner seat it is still something different that also promotes team play.
NEED UPDATES!

Last edited by Grimster; 2012-10-17 at 02:49 AM.
Old 2012-10-18, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

SOE has replied via twitter,

They like the tanks they have now and don't care how many people think otherwise.

Get used to Battlefield style play.

Me I am just going to get Battlefield 3 and play that game untill Battlefield 4 (god I can't believe I just said that)
Old 2012-10-18, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PredatorFour
Major

Just so dissapointing. People go on about how the devs will listen to us + we gotta be patient but its obvious they will not go back on certain game ideas they have already implemented. Not one voice or a thousand voices will change their minds. I think thats what upsets people the most and why there`s alot of people upset with the game currently.

Planetside 1 was amazing, Planetside 2 should of carried on from where it left off and made it even better. Could offer constructive critiscism but whats the point? No one there will listen.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Infernalis
Sergeant

I don't know why they wouldn't increase the cost in ressources, 200 is far too low right now. If they want the ressource system to have any impact they need to do something.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion