Max Capacity 42,000 Players,Coming out on Steam, Servers are gonna be packed!!!!!!!!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Man a turret!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-19, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Max Capacity 42,000 Players,Coming out on Steam, Servers are gonna be packed!!!!!!!!!

Way too little Servers IMO.

I think SOE is really underestimating the power of STEAM and the concept of a MMOFPS which lots of people havn't experienced yet....A bunch of people are going to want to try it.

The servers are gonna be packed and I think this is perhaps the only time I will considered subbing because I feel like is going to be a hassle trying to log in into this game.

BTW I got the 42,000 figure because their is 3 continents which each holds 2,000 people so thats 6,000 people per server....Their is 7 servers...so do the math.

Im wondering if SOE has some servers ready to go incase it gets crowded.

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-11-19 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Eduard Khil
Private

Re: Max Capacity 42,000 Players,Coming out on Steam, Servers are gonna be packed!!!!!

Lol, that's how theyll make money.

Weren't they adding a subscription to reserve entry?
Old 2012-11-19, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zanzazzin
Private

Re: Max Capacity 42,000 Players,Coming out on Steam, Servers are gonna be packed!!!!!

They have 18 Additional Servers Ready to go up tomorrow, and more if needed in the future.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

I think Smed tweeted they have 25 servers ready to go if they are needed.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yep, I wouldn't worry we will see more servers spin up.

It's inevitable we will see issues tomorrow, such is life with an MMO launch.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-11-19, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by TheRagingGerbil View Post
I think Smed tweeted they have 25 servers ready to go if they are needed.
Originally Posted by Zanzazzin View Post
They have 18 Additional Servers Ready to go up tomorrow, and more if needed in the future.
WOW thats a lot.....Good news I guess.

I think they should of launched with a couple more servers because is going to be annoying if everybody makes charectors on the same servers and when the new ones come out, their going to be empty and the old ones will be full.....I guess thats how it goes.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

They have servers ready to go up in case they need them. Plenty of servers.

But theres no point bringing them up early before they are needed. Otherwise we may end up with servers being half way empty, and as players are planetsides main content, that would be rather bad.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
AThreatToYou
Major

They should at least prep for a turnout of 40,000 on the East Coast alone.
Looks like I'll be playing MWO for a day longer if that's how they are doing day 1.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
pilakin
Private

but how they gonna deal with the extra servers later, when they're not needed any more? characters are server bound. they can't just close them.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ThGlump
Captain

There will be new servers, but that wont help that first few that will be overcrowded due ppl trying to join their outfits, ignoring new servers.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stadulator
Private

No matter how good of a job they do spinning up new servers (which are on standby per Smed) people are going to bitch.

As Hamma said, NORMAL teething pains for any MMO on release day. You can bet the console babies will have their crycycles out in full force
Old 2012-11-19, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Stadulator
Private

Originally Posted by pilakin View Post
but how they gonna deal with the extra servers later, when they're not needed any more? characters are server bound. they can't just close them.
MMO companies have this super cool thing they can do.. pretty mystical really. Server Merger.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

They have the capacity to host 125,000 players if all 25 of the servers go up.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by pilakin View Post
Its called a merge. Welcome to MMOs.

Would you fools just stop worrying? Every damn MMO launch the same crap. Yes, THEY WILL BE FULL, COMPLETLY PACKED! THATS THE IDEA! ESPECIALLY FOR F2P!

Plenty of people will play the game only for a bit, and then drop out forever. Plenty of people will play less after a few days.
Of course everyone rushes in at launch day. But if you would account that completly, and pull up enough servers to not have them completly packed at launch, then you would end up with rather empty servers very quickly, just a week after launch.

Everything is fine folks, stop worrying, rather prepare your nerves for tommorows quenes.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Tharrak
Private

I say we fill them all up and demand more in the spirit of great justice... Or crime in a terminology the NC and Vanu can understand...

---
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion