A Wild Timmy Apears! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who came up with cannon fodder anyways?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-12-13, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TimmyTheNerd
Private

A Wild Timmy Apears!

Hello, I'm Timmy. You may call me Tim, Timmy, Timmo or Timothy. I played Planetside 1 and, due to limitations of my computer, I play Planetside 2 at a friend's place, so I don't get to play much. This is just temp until I get my new graphics card.

Now, I have a few questions as a PS1 player transitioning into PS2.
1. What happened to all the tech from PS1? Where's all the vehicles? The Enforcer, Thunderer, Mosquito, Liberator, Lodestar and others. There's also the lack of Implants, B.F.R.'s and Alien Tech. With so much missing in PS2 that was in PS1, the game just feels...empty.
2. Any Connery Outfits looking to take on a PS1 player?
3. What's the average time to get about 100 Certs? I don't have the cash, atm, to buy items with real cash, so right now Certs is my only option.
4. Burger, Burrito or Bacon?
Old 2012-12-13, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: A Wild Timmy Apears!

Originally Posted by TimmyTheNerd View Post
1. What happened to all the tech from PS1? Where's all the vehicles? The Enforcer, Thunderer, Mosquito, Liberator, Lodestar and others. There's also the lack of Implants, B.F.R.'s and Alien Tech. With so much missing in PS2 that was in PS1, the game just feels...empty.
This is more than just a graphical update to the first game, this is a whole new game, so they pretty much started from scratch. We're only less than a month and one patch into the full release and we're already getting new stuff (actually, we started getting new stuff in beta), so I have no worries that we'll start seeing lots of new stuff quickly (once they've sorted out all the annoying bugs, i'd imagine). I've heard rumours that we'll be getting buggies at some point in the near future, for example.

It's probably a bit daunting coming from an old game with lots of stuff to a new one that's just getting started and lacks all that.

The Mosquito and Liberator are in though, however the former is now TR-specific rather than.. a common pool vehicle, was it?* The latter is still common pool, though.

*You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge here, going off the wiki since i've never played PS1.

Going to get hate from all the bacon fanatics, but.. burger.

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2012-12-13 at 10:35 AM.
Old 2012-12-13, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Pie.

Obviously.
Old 2012-12-13, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TimmyTheNerd
Private

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post

The Mosquito and Liberator are in though, however the former is now TR-specific rather than.. a common pool vehicle, was it?* The latter is still common pool, though.

*You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge here, going off the wiki since i've never played PS1.
Both the Mosquito and the Liberator were common, yes.
Old 2012-12-14, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Moodel
Private

Expansion material. All game companies have to make money some how and SOE are the best at squeezing it out of you

3. What's the average time to get about 100 Certs? I don't have the cash, atm, to buy items with real cash, so right now Certs is my only option.
Not long at all but it does depend on the battle and your role in it.

Bacon. Proper English bacon since no one in the US/Aus seems to be able to make or cook the stuff properly......and plenty of Black Pudding.
Old 2012-12-15, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Shenyen
Private

1. Mosquito is in (but assigned to the TR - other empires get other jets).
Liberator is in.
Buggies aren't in, smaller transport vehicles like the Thunderer neither. But the Thunderer was added to PS1 AFTER release. Like the Lodestar.

And also Alien-Tech, that stuff was added a while after release, so you can't expect that they release PS2 with all that stuff from day one.

The game will be expanded - new continents, new vehicles - but it will follow it's own path, so we won't see BFRs (also added way after launch of PS1) and implants have been added to the base game or become obsolete.
A 2012 game were you had to buy the ability to see your enemies health (via skill points) would feel like 2003^^ Many of the things available via Implants have been added to the spotting system or removed, because they belonged to a game with RPG-mechanics and FPS-elements like Planetside, not a FPS with RPG-elements like PS2.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions