NC - Dual Burster max and dual hacksaw vid - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: for when masturbations lost it's fun.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-29, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Plexs
Private

NC - Dual Burster max and dual hacksaw vid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4uSma-g_7kg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 2012-12-31, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ElementalFiend
Private

Re: NC - Dual Burster max and dual hacksaw vid

I can't wait until VS MAXs get some sort of hacksaw equivilant. NC MAXs are the only ones that can instagib infantry, even at range thanks to slugs.
Old 2012-12-31, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
gunshooter
Corporal

i've come to the realization that ps2 videos are just universally unimpressive
Old 2012-12-31, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ElementalFiend View Post
I can't wait until VS MAXs get some sort of hacksaw equivilant. NC MAXs are the only ones that can instagib infantry, even at range thanks to slugs.
That's not true, the NC MAX is pretty useless on anything more than 30m away, even with slugs. For the record: I play the NC MAX a lot and I have 2 Scattercannons with both extended magazines, giving me 12 shots in each hand. On the left hand I have slugs to extend my range, but since slugs need high accurycy in close combat I have the standard ammo in my right hand. In real close combat this thing is a beast, but if your target is farther away than 30m you can forget "instagib". I can do some damage if my slugs hit (they are very inaccurate so it's basically a matter of luck) and I need 3 hits to kill someone. Usually I just land one slug hit at 30m and just get an assist or the guy runs away. At this range the standard shotgun ammo is pretty much worthless.

This confines the NC MAX to a very small field of purpose where he can shine. If you take that away and give the other empires a cqc weapon like the NC MAX has, the NC MAX looses his role and the differences between factions become even smaller. My advice: If you don't want to be instagibbed by an NC MAX, don't get close to him.
Old 2012-12-31, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Frotang
Staff Sergeant

^exactly, I ran with dual extended mag scats + slugs for a few weeks. Switched back to regular ammo recently and realized how much slugs really hindered me. The range is nice but the inaccuracy negates any advantage u get from increased range. Ill have to try having one slug and the other buckshot.
Old 2012-12-31, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
This confines the NC MAX to a very small field of purpose where he can shine. If you take that away and give the other empires a cqc weapon like the NC MAX has, the NC MAX looses his role and the differences between factions become even smaller. My advice: If you don't want to be instagibbed by an NC MAX, don't get close to him.
Believe it, Quasar, default VS MAX anti-infantry weapon, is as useless at more than 20m but also useless at less than 20m because it's inaccurate at range and low damaging and slow firing at close range. Nebula somewhat help at fixing this due to higher rate of fire but it is no Cycler nor Mercy nor Haxsaw.

VS MAX has no optimal engagement range, really, at least NC MAXes have their CQB.
Old 2012-12-31, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by gunshooter View Post
i've come to the realization that ps2 videos are just universally unimpressive
Yeah. You really have to be there, hey.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion