PTR Update 8/8/13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than you're average Planetside fansite.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-08, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

PTR Update 8/8/13

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/...e_(2013/08/08)

General Updates

Default Keybind Changes

The following keybinds have changed in the default mappings. This affects new players and players who reset their keybinds to default.

The following default mappings have changed
·Vehicle Headlights: This functionality had two keybinds. The extra binding to “L” has been removed. The “G” is still bound to headlights.
·Open Friends Page: I -> L (Friends List)
·Redeploy Toggle: Added U (Un-deploy). This key was previously not used.
·Instant Action Toggle: Added I (Instant Action).

These changes are to improve accessibility of Instant Action and Redeploy, particularly for new players who may find the former Home and Delete keys awkward and forgettable. Instant Action and Redeploy are now next to each other and within easy reach. The Friends List is still next to other social keys like outfit and squad page hotkeys. Players who are organizing other players and instructing them to redeploy or use instant action should be aware that newer players may not have the same keybindings for those toggles as they do.

Players coming from GU13 should see no change in their keybinds. Players who played Pre-GU13 but did not play during GU13 may find that their Instant Action key is no longer bound. This can be corrected by setting the Instant Action toggle to whichever key the player wishes in the keybinding settings.
Infantry Updates

Suit Slot Balance Pass
  • Grenade Bandolier now has 1 additional rank for a total of 3 ranks. All cert costs have been adjusted.
    • Rank 1: Can carry a total of 2 grenades at a cost of 100 CP
    • Rank 2: Can carry a total of 3 grenades at a cost of 150 CP
    • Rank 3: Can carry a total of 4 grenades at a cost of 500 CP
  • Munitions Pouch now has 1 additional rank for a total of 4 ranks.
    • Rank 1: Can carry a total of 1 additional rockets at a cost of 30 CP
    • Rank 2: Can carry a total of 2 additional rockets at a cost of 150 CP
    • Rank 3: Can carry a total of 3 additional rockets at a cost of 500 CP
    • Rank 3: Can carry a total of 4 additional rockets at a cost of 1000 CP
  • Anyone who previously certed into Grenade Bandolier or Munitions Pouch will have the skills removed and the cert cost refunded; players can repurchase the skills whenever they desire.
Nano Armor Cloak updated
  • Rank 1
    • Max cloak time increased from 3 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Charge time from depleted to full decreased from 24 seconds to 15 seconds.
  • Rank 2
    • Max cloak time increased from 4 seconds to 6.5 seconds
    • Charge time from depleted to full decreased from 24 seconds to 14 seconds.
  • Rank 3
    • Max cloak time increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds
    • Charge time from depleted to full decreased from 24 seconds to 13 seconds.
  • Rank 4
    • Max cloak time increased from 6 seconds to 7.5 seconds
    • Charge time from depleted to full decreased from 24 seconds to 12 seconds.
  • Rank 5
    • Max cloak time increased from 6 seconds to 8.5 seconds
    • Charge time from depleted to full decreased from 24 seconds to 11 seconds.
Bug Fixes
  • Repair icon now displays above destroyed friendly turrets
  • Fixed claymores sometimes not detonating when approaching from behind
·Nameplates on phalanx turrets should now reset properly when the gunner exits
·Corrected an issue causing 1st person loadout issues when deploying on a squad member to a different continent from the death screen while in a MAX suit.
·Fixed a bug preventing weapon camos that you didn’t own from being equipped on primary weapons in the VR zone
·Trialed weapons that expire while equipped and offline can once again be used in the VR room
Vehicle Updates

New ESF Weapon Tuning Pass

·Coyote Missiles
oIncreased base lock-on time from 1000 to 1500
oDamage reduced to 225
oFixed some tooltip errors
·Mass Drivers
·Locust Cannons
oDamage reduced to 300 max and 225 min
oRemoved the AoE that was on them
Vehicle UI Changes

·We now show up to FOUR whole digits in the HUD ammo counter for vehicles. The future is now, you guys.
·There is now a lock-on indicator in 3rd person view
Bug Fixes

·Fixed a problem causing animation stutter in aircraft during high velocity maneuvers
·Dual Photon Pods no longer display a ridiculously overblown fire rate, and instead display their actual rate of fire
·Fixed a problem that caused the vehicle ownership HUD icon from displaying properly
·The E540 Halberd no longer states that it is single faction use only
UI Updates

UI Load Time Reduction

We now cache some of the UI screens that take the longest to load, including:
·Main map
·Minimap
·Class/loadout screen

This should speed up load times after the screen has been loaded once in a session.
Improved Facility Connection Feedback

·A lock icon will now be displayed on the HUD facility info panel if the facility is not connected to a friendly facility
·Lock icons will also be displayed on the “nearby facility” HUD indicators if those facilities are not connected to a friendly facility
Class Terminal Loadout Hotkeys

·Pressing [E] with terminal screen open will now resupply/equip your selected class
·Press F1-F6 to select Classes
·Press 1-0 to select a Loadout Tab
Miscellaneous Changes

·Capture notifications for regions other than the one you are in now display in chat and not on the HUD
·Enter key now opens the chat box while in the main menu
Bug Fixes

·Fixed a bug preventing you from selecting a spawn location from the list that you had to scroll to see without the list resetting back to the top
·The 2D icon for the Bahamut Mask should now match the in-game model
Facility/Environment Updates

Hossin

Development continues on Hossin. There are a bunch of minor changes, fixes, tweaks, additions, etc, but nothing super noteworthy for everyone to go check out specific to these changes.
Bug Fixes

·Corrected a problem preventing resources from being gained while earning experience in the regions on Esamir

·Updated the Indar Comm Array spawn location to be located at the correct location. Still need the location of a thesaurus to help curb the continued use of the word location.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-08-08 at 09:13 PM.
Old 2013-08-08, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Chewy
Major

Re: PTR Update 8/8/13

"We now show up to FOUR whole digits in the HUD ammo counter for vehicles. The future is now, you guys. "

This has bugged me since beta.
Old 2013-08-08, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I still think the weirdest one is...

Originally Posted by SOE
Bug Fixes

Fixed claymores sometimes not detonating when approaching from behind
Isn't that how they're supposed to work?

The ESF weapons definitely needed some nerfs

Originally Posted by SOE
Class Terminal Loadout Hotkeys

Pressing [E] with terminal screen open will now resupply/equip your selected class
Press F1-F6 to select Classes
Press 1-0 to select a Loadout Tab
HELL YES! This is one of those basic quality of life-common sense needs that it probably took them so long to put in because it was extremely embarrassing not to have at launch lol.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2013-08-08 at 06:24 PM.
Old 2013-08-08, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
phungus
Master Sergeant

The locust nerfs were good, brings it more inline and it doesn't feel LOLOVERPOWEREDZ anymore. The loss of AoE was significant, along with the direct damage nerf it feels about a third or maybe even half as powerful as it was, no longer instanty vaporizing ESFs, takes about 4 clips to kill a gal (instead of 1, lol) and it doesn't murderize infantry better then a banshee (rotary is clearly superior).

I still think it needs more CoF to make it less good at range, locusts seem like they should be close range weapons.

Edit: Am I wrong for feeling kinda sad about this? Was kinda looking forward to roaming around with a super banshee/rotary and the epic forum whines it would have created had locusts gone live like they were. Oh well, I know it's better this way, but part of me knows it would have been fun.

Last edited by phungus; 2013-08-08 at 07:28 PM.
Old 2013-08-08, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Somewhat sad about the swarm missiles. :< Guess I'll stick with Tomcats for my jimmy rustlin' needs.
Old 2013-08-09, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
vipjerry
Private

Wow what a huge update, not...
Old 2013-08-09, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Loadout hotkeys = huge

Old 2013-08-09, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I honestly dislike how the loadout hotkeys were added so simply. I mean it's pure lazyness thet they made separate buttons for selecting class and selecting loadout, because it's easier to do code-wise.

A bit of my feedback on the official forums:
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...otkeys.145803/

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-08-09 at 08:12 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion