[Poll] Region Locked Servers; Good or Bad? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You. Are. Borg.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What kind of server do you want to see most?
One main world wide international server (Medium-High ping), optional region servers (Low Ping) 28 16.77%
One server for all regions (Current Planetside) [Medium - High Ping] 14 8.38%
Region servers only (not locked) [Low Ping] 116 69.46%
Region-Locked servers only (Ip locked to your region) [Low Ping] 9 5.39%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-22, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Corax
Sergeant

Post [Poll] Region Locked Servers; Good or Bad?

So as we well know now, there is a chance for the playerbases to be forced apart. So I wanted to make this thread that details specifically on region-locked servers. Vote and make your voice heard. In this way we can show the people who need to see hard numbers just how many of their customers actually feel one way or another.

I tried to simplify the list to reflect some real life possibilities and what you feel may be the best course of action in these possibilities.

(You do have authors permission to link to this thread and get the word out there by any means needed.)
Old 2012-02-22, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: [Poll] Region Locked Servers; Good or Bad?

I dont think anything good comes from a region block, and I do feel sad for those who are in mixed outfits, but the ones who act as if this would kill PS2 are ridicilous. The poll isnt visible to me atm, but naturalli Id vote for no hard region block.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-02-22, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Corax
Sergeant

Aight poll should be visible now
Old 2012-02-22, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mirror
First Sergeant

same as planetside 1 before the Gemini merge.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-02-22, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

"One server for all regions (Current Planetside) [Medium - High Ping] "

That wouldn't work correctly, considering the number of players SOE is planning on having.
Too many players, high ping, long waiting times or overpopulated maps, and so on.

I'd go for a server for each region, not locked.
Several servers for some regions, if needed.

But meh. Not gonna happen.
Old 2012-02-22, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

There is nothing wrong with regional servers just don't lock them. Let people have the choice.
Old 2012-02-22, 05:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
fod
Master Sergeant

i voted non locked region servers
the one thing that annoyed me with ps1 was the high ping i get from australia

if they made it so we can just pick and choose what server we go on it would be for the best imo, so if there wasnt much population on an aussie server at 3am or something (doubtful there even will be an aussie server but anyways) then allow me to join a usa or euro server

i doubt it will happen like this and i doubt there even will be an aussie server but oh well i can wish
Old 2012-02-22, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

REGIONAL SERVERS UNLOCKED
Old 2012-02-22, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kaotc
Corporal

We dont have a choice anymore, the deal is done, its been signed, money has changed hands.

Us Euro's are just going to have to like it or lump it.

No ammount of kicking and screaming, polls, angry emails, boycotting is going to change their mind
Old 2012-02-22, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SpLiTNuTz
Corporal

Regional servers unlocked. Let people have the choice.
Old 2012-02-22, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Pillow
Corporal

Old 2012-02-22, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Kaotc View Post
We dont have a choice anymore, the deal is done, its been signed, money has changed hands.

Us Euro's are just going to have to like it or lump it.

No ammount of kicking and screaming, polls, angry emails, boycotting is going to change their mind
That's the spirit!

Whether details are still being decided or not, SOE may be stupid, but they aren't stupid enough to make a deal that ends with a net loss due to the sheer unpopularity of it. If enough people kick and scream, things will change.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-02-22 at 07:03 AM.
Old 2012-02-22, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kaotc
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
That's the spirit!

Whether details are still being decided or not, SOE may be stupid, but they aren't stupid enough to make a deal that ends with a net loss due to the sheer unpopularity of it. If enough people kick and scream, things will change.
they have already signed the contracts, there is nothing else to be 'worked out' ? would you sign a multi million dollar deal if you still had details to work out? no, you wouldnt.
Similarly, they have a signed contract, you cant change a signed contract because a small number of people are moaning. and i do say a small number of people, because the European market alone for this game will be in the millions, i wouldnt be surprised if those complaining about this make up less than 1% of the future player base.

they are stringing us a line, and at the end of the day, nothing will change, sony have their money, Pro7 have their captive market.
Old 2012-02-22, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Kaotc View Post
they have already signed the contracts, there is nothing else to be 'worked out' ? would you sign a multi million dollar deal if you still had details to work out? no, you wouldnt.
Similarly, they have a signed contract, you cant change a signed contract because a small number of people are moaning. and i do say a small number of people, because the European market alone for this game will be in the millions, i wouldnt be surprised if those complaining about this make up less than 1% of the future player base.

they are stringing us a line, and at the end of the day, nothing will change, sony have their money, Pro7 have their captive market.
Do you know the conditions of that contract? Do you know the details? No?

Sufficient bad publicity can damage a game and that's what needs to happen. None of this "baw, oh well, can't do anything about it now *cry*", but bitching loud and proud to turn as many people off of this game as possible.

Edit: And you realize we aren't alone right? EQ2 and DCUO players are bitching too, as well as whoever else.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-02-22 at 07:22 AM.
Old 2012-02-22, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Kaotc
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Do you know the conditions of that contract? Do you know the details? No?

Sufficient bad publicity can damage a game and that's what needs to happen. None of this "baw, oh well, can't do anything about it now *cry*", but bitching loud and proud to turn as many people off of this game as possible.

its a free 2 play game, not going to even be a drop in the ocean compared to the people that will play it.

do you not remember the 500,000+ people who petitioned Infinity Ward about Modern Warfare2 on the PC? The business(not the dev team, the fat cats in suits who make the decisions) doesnt care, because they KNOW people will play the game regardless, even those bitching and moaning, will actually still play the game.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion