Simultaneous Kills - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pimpin'Side Universe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-18, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Simultaneous Kills

Has anyone noticed an increase in killing someone at the exact same time they kill you? I've seen a shitload more of this and it's extremely annoying.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-18, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Simultaneous Kills

The greater the lag or server lag the more simultaneous kills.

It doesnt bother me though.
And its much better than the alternative of having your game let you do everything required for a kill only to find out none of it mattered.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I have, but it's been a rather commonplace occurrence for a while now. Since GU3 or earlier? If it's something lag based it may have to do with playing on an EU server since I don't see it as often when I play in the US (Where I'm from) but that may have to do with the time spent on each server.
I can't replicate it on demand or even pinpoint it to any specific weapon/class combo though so I'd suggest you take my comments with a dash or two of salt.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-03-18, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
snafus
Sergeant Major

Have had the same issue myself a lot lately. I've also seen a large increase in hit detection bug for myself and my outfit. But It isn't consistent as it was before requiring a relog it comes in spurts now.

Old 2013-03-18, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NotTheMomma
Corporal

I first noticed this after GU2 (as did others), in coordination with the desync (jittering on the mini-map, etc.). When I finally got (I think) the desync problems on my end eliminated a few weeks after GU3, I saw it much less and attributed it to occasionally running into players that were still having desync issues themselves (for example, pre-GU04, I could ride in some people's sunderers with absolutely no issues, but every time I get in one particular outfit-mate's sunderer, it would stutter when he's driving).

Anyway, I had the simul-kills happen several times after double-xp was implemented on Friday, but it was so much worse than ever before with sometimes one of the two deaths occurring 5 seconds or more after the first one. It got to the point that as soon as I got the kill notice, I would take immediate evasive maneuvers, but it didn't help, even when I completely broke LOS.

In one case, I killed the guy outside and lost nothing but my shield, he dropped and I ran completely inside a building, and then got killed a couple of seconds later by the corpse laying on the other side of the wall. Lulz now, but it was NOT funny at the time.

Considering the plethora of other issues, I haven't played much since except to collect passive certs and test the waters. But, I did have another simul-kill during a very brief biolab visit last night.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
o Solei o
Private

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
The greater the lag or server lag the more simultaneous kills.

It doesnt bother me though.
And its much better than the alternative of having your game let you do everything required for a kill only to find out none of it mattered.
This. A thousand times this. For every mine I've laid that goes back into my inventory, for every grenade I've thrown that vanishes from the matrix, for every time I've killed one (or more) people then had it revoked, and every time I've been shot through a wall or around a corner because somebody's lag, somewhere, said that I hadn't rounded that corner yet and he still had time to shoot me... This.

(If I'm lagging, it doesn't bother me that much, I just switch to less time-sensitive play-styles. But when I'm having good response, and someone else's lag gets me, that is supremely annoying.)
Old 2013-03-18, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
lllSilencerlll
Private

I've noticed the same thing on a more frequent basis. For me it has always been a close call and I usually can't tell who should have won either way. But this has been happening more even in low populated areas on Esamir and Amerish.

What is really annoying is killing someone and then watching them shoot afterward sometimes up to a full second or two. I haven't died yet to this but my friends I play with have. From my point of view it will even show my friend get the kill first then he dies afterward.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kerrec
Master Sergeant

Client side hit detection + bullets are actual objects with their own velocity = double kills.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ThePackage
Private

This almost never happened in the beta. But as many people have said, the degradation of the server performance since then, has caused these to become commonplace.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Yeah, I have noticed this; annoying.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2013-03-18, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ThePackage View Post
This almost never happened in the beta. But as many people have said, the degradation of the server performance since then, has caused these to become commonplace.
NO

I believe it was in GU1 they changed the game so simultaneous kills could occur. Before that it was impossible(except with grenades.)

Often you would unload a clip on someone then only to die and see them live originally. That set up favored people who moved fast and especially those who used shot guns. The current set up is better and more fair.
Old 2013-03-18, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sirisian
Colonel

Yeah this was unbearable on Friday on Mattherson. Put like 10 battle rifle shots into a guy and knows he's dead but he doesn't die and then you die. I ended up counting shots and moving to the next target.
Old 2013-03-18, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

It's been happening a ton post-GU4.

Others are saying it's been increased since GU3. I'm not quite sure about it.

Last edited by Roy Awesome; 2013-03-19 at 01:09 AM.
Old 2013-03-18, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Simo
Private

Definitely seems to happen a lot more lately. I get that sometimes it should happen. It shouldn't be eliminated. But it's like server isn't paying close attention to two kids fighting and puts them both in time out.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

happened four times today i murdered someone and they killed me right after.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion