Gameplay: Waypoint System - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No man really dies they just respawn.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2011-09-19, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RedNex
Private

Waypoint System

I'd like to see some changes/improvements to the way wp's are used.
  • WP visibility. I'd like the ability to turn off a particular wp's visibility to me, or have it occlude a lot less. Even have wp's that disappear from view once you are within 50-100 meters of them? Basically, I don't want wp's that block my field of view/fire.
  • Tactical WPs. These would be short term waypooints that a commander could use to quickly point out areas of interest.
    e.g. I want fire support AV teams/snipers at Point Alpha. Main assault from Point Bravo. Air Support RV at Point Gamma. Someone kill that PITA at Point Delta. Etc.
    These would only exist for a couple of minutes, but would be visible both on the map and in the HUD before automatically disappearing once they timed out.
  • Squad Member WPs. Squad members would get the ability to mark a single short term waypoint. This would be intended to replace all those requests from people to get their point of death/current location waypointed because there are enemies or an AMS there.
    Note: Squad commanders would have the option to turn this off to prevent abuse.
  • Context or mission sensitive WPs. This is probably a bit blue sky, but I'd like WPs to have different icons in the HUD. e.g. If you mission has a goal of "Destroy enemy AA" then that would have a different icon from "Go to Point 1". Also the option to designate Primary and Secondary targets. I've played a bit of Section 8:Prejudice recently and these have different icons for different waypoints.
  • The option to only make certain WPs visible to certain players - e.g. a command level wp system only visible to squad commanders

Basically I'd like to see an expansion on the whole waypoint system, but with the individual option to turn off the visibility of these points so that players don't find their HUDs swamped with lots of colourful markers bouncing around.
Old 2011-09-20, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Atuday
Master Sergeant

Re: Waypoint System

I'm standing behind your way point shooting you in the head.

But yea being able to turn off the visibility of these things or perhaps customize the hud so that they don't get in the way would be a major improvement.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault