Planetside 2 Holiday events? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't you make me pull his pin!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-04, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

Planetside 2 Holiday events?

If anyone here has played any other MMO one of the things that MMOs had was holiday events. Wouldn't it be cool if Planetside 2 had holiday events?

Halloween:

It was a dark night within a Vanu laboratory in a undisclosed location, in a series of horrific events within the laboratory, they've accidentally released a biochemical of extraterristral origins that changes all those who come in contact in to mindless, slaverying beasts who hunger for flesh. This disease spreads through contact through the blood stream. Once it enters your system. You're done.

Christmas:

Santa has started flying over the the continents of Auraxis! Sadly, Ole' Saint Nicholas is considered an unknown combtant to the three fractions. Finding and shooting down Santa will net you a 50% increase in xp!

Easter:

Mysterious eggs have been appearing all over the continents of Auraxis! Finding these eggs will net you a 1% increase in exp gain, stackable 200 times for a total of 200% exp gain, the exp gain only lasts for an hour, so keep on finding those eggs!

I think if something like this were in place it would be fun.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
The Kush
Captain

Re: Planetside 2 Holiday events?

Planetside 1 had holidays. I'm sure we will see a return.
Old 2012-06-04, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Synapses
Sergeant Major

I would LOVE to see holiday events and decorations. =)
Old 2012-06-04, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Can I buy a Santa hat to perch atop my helmet for a dollar?

Shut up and take my money!
Old 2012-06-04, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCLynx
Major

I'm gunna miss the Christmas present lootable backpacks! Haha, can't wait to see what they do this time around though. Should be awesome!

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-06-04, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Do they still continue to run with the xmas hats in PS?
Old 2012-06-04, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
KnightHawk ECID
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dogbolta View Post
Do they still continue to run with the xmas hats in PS?
Nope just red holiday hats now
Old 2012-06-04, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

They don't run any events in PS anymore. Aside from the few and far between all vehicle things.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Mmmm a PS2 Zombie mode... I must admit it... does sound rather fun, thou how would it work... would people become the zombies and cause humans Vs zombies.. or would they need to make an AI for zombies.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vetto View Post
Mmmm a PS2 Zombie mode... I must admit it... does sound rather fun, thou how would it work... would people become the zombies and cause humans Vs zombies.. or would they need to make an AI for zombies.
Well the way I see it is this.

There's a cloud like substance that floats in the air, if you stick around inside it long enough it turns you into a zombie, the cloud area I'm thinking should be big, like biolab big and maybe move around the continent and as Real life halloween gets closer to its date the amount of clouds that appear on a continent increases until they're quite a regular sight to see.

Now, once you are a zombie you can infect other people, turning them into zombies by attacking them melee wise.

Once a person is infected by a zombie bite they get 5 minutes to get rid of the infection viva medic class, say maybe over-healing or something or else they turn into a zombie are will stay a zombie until they die and respawn.

As a zombie, your Hit points is tripled and your sprint speed increased by say 50% but you can't use any ranged weapons only claws or something. Headshots will still be a instant kill

In addition I'm thinking zombies themselves get put into a "zombie fraction" so that other zombies can communicate with other zombies.
Old 2012-06-05, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Toppopia
Major

All the AI would need to do is walk towards the closest person and use a melee attack, and that could sound fun, like only when all 3 moons line up to cause some weird effects on the planet. could be fun.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
All the AI would need to do is walk towards the closest person and use a melee attack, and that could sound fun, like only when all 3 moons line up to cause some weird effects on the planet. could be fun.
Seems fun to me cause the idea of seeing men come running toward me as zombies come charging forward and walking up as a MAX and letting loose a Barrage of Bullets from a chain gun, Or clearing the rooms with a flame thrower.

Also if they did the AI approach it need to be something that makings fighting with the other 3 empires harder, adding a new element while fighting.

Like having a few Dedicated players with a flame thrower stay near a galaxy to keep the zombies off of it.
Old 2012-06-05, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Toppopia
Major

Seems fun to me cause the idea of seeing men come running toward me as zombies come charging forward and walking up as a MAX and letting loose a Barrage of Bullets from a chain gun, Or clearing the rooms with a flame thrower.

Also if they did the AI approach it need to be something that makings fighting with the other 3 empires harder, adding a new element while fighting.

Like having a few Dedicated players with a flame thrower stay near a galaxy to keep the zombies off of it.
I can imagine the lore behind it, on haloween, the planetary alignment of the 3 moons causes the nanites maybe to malfunction and cause the user (by user i mean a random character, probably AI) to act in a blood thirsty rage, or something, and would for a few days randomly cause zombies to rise and attack.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion