Emerald TR - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So who accepts Hamma's quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-07, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Emerald TR

Just wanted to point out the ownage of Emerald TR since the Surge Nerf. I guess we know the reason for Emerald NC and VS before the patch. Suckazzz!!!

= Crack addict
Old 2004-05-07, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nereid
Corporal

TR didnt have much use for surgile HA because the mcg can be used effectively from farther range. MCG can cut down someone with a jack hammer or lasher before they can get into range and the guass and pulsar can duel the chaingun at close - medium range but without much success.
Old 2004-05-07, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gunslanger
Sergeant

Old 2004-05-07, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
BDMJ
First Sergeant

What about the week after the patch where the NC still owned the world?
Old 2004-05-07, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nereid
Corporal

TR are still the underdogs tho we are hardly owning the world. If only I had my pwnder back.
Old 2004-05-07, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

They have been doing better. When I left the TR, we still were losing and but holding our own ground for once. Once I switched, the NC became owned day after day, it's fun fighting for the one continent. The Surge nerf had NOTHING to do with the fact that the TR are doing better lately, you guys are getting smarter.

Old 2004-05-07, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by BDMJ
What about the week after the patch where the NC still owned the world?
What about it?

I have stayed TR since I was admitted into beta. Not once have I ever joined the Fourth Empire. Not once have I ever played NC or VS on Emerald. I can safely say that I have somewhat of a good feel for the TR population in general. That said, there has been an increase in TR numbers (again, fourth empire or just ship-jumping powergaming kiddies). My own outfit has picked up at least a dozen members in a week, two weeks. Some of these are people who were NC or VS before... they're a bit upset that they have to delete their characters since my outfit doesn't tolerate it.

The widely-regarded opinion is, once the surgile was removed, a certain breed of gamers were unable to handle the trauma of having their surgile Heavy Assault rendered useless, and true to their nature, jumped ship again.

I'm not surprised that TR picked up and started moving. It's nothing conceited like "Oh we're better organized" or "We have skill and we've always had it" or any of that BS. Although those of us who have stayed exclusive TR will tell you that we play TR because we play the game on Hard Mode... The simple truth is, it happens. Every empire eventually has its day in the sun, for some unknown reason (probably the fourth-empire). NC had it for a long time, the Vanu had it for a long time, the TR had it for a long time... the cycle never ends, truly.

On a final note... one could say that the NC are losing now because they gained The Enclave and lost Serious Gamers and Liberty... if one wanted to be sarcastic and insulting.
Old 2004-05-07, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I think it had to do with SilverLord leaving. As soon as he left, we started winning and the team he left started losing!

On a serious note. hehe! It was interesting to me to note that the population percentages were still fairly even during this time that the TR began a surge of victories. This indicates it wasn't simply a "zerg" type win but that we are becoming maybe more efficient. Pretty cool, though.

PS. SilverLord, just in case, please stay with the Congs a little longer, okay? Or if you have to switch, try the Barney suits next.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-05-07, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

FireFly, I could care less if the NC lost SG and Liberty, I'd rather they went away. I switched NC because I wanted to have fun, I always played Markov NC and ALWAYS had more fun that playing with my BR 20, CR 4 toon. You can go ahead and say I'm no die-hard TR because I switched and that I am just a member of the 4th empire, but thats complete BS. As I said, I switched to have fun and thats what I'm doing. I joined the Enclave, so what. I like how they do things so I joined them. I don't care what any of the TR think of my cause I want to have fun. If you just say I'm part of the fourth empire, go ahead, my outfit from TR still likes me and they understand that some people just want a change and to have fun doing it. I do whatever I have fun doing, and that was playing NC with the Enclave. So I did it, I switched.

Old 2004-05-07, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Gunslanger
Sergeant

The Surge nerf had NOTHING to do with the fact that the TR are doing better lately
you sure it had nothing to do with it?

*Gunslanger begins to instigate a fight*
Old 2004-05-07, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Ouch, Firefly! I understand your devotion to the TR, as the CDL has been TR since the start as well, but its a game that people pay to play and if they want to switch to a different empire after completing a good run in one empire, so be it. SilverLord has been TR from the start and he ran an excellent character in the TR. He has earned the right to try another empire. What you are talking about, and correct me if I am wrong, is the person with no allegiance but to winning at any cost.

I can understand the anger if it is directed at someone who had been TR for a few BRs and switched to get on the winning side, but I think we can rule that out with him.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-05-07, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Manitou
Ouch, Firefly! I understand your devotion to the TR, as the CDL has been TR since the start as well, but its a game that people pay to play and if they want to switch to a different empire after completing a good run in one empire, so be it. SilverLord has been TR from the start and he ran an excellent character in the TR. He has earned the right to try another empire. What you are talking about, and correct me if I am wrong, is the person with no allegiance but to winning at any cost.

I can understand the anger if it is directed at someone who had been TR for a few BRs and switched to get on the winning side, but I think we can rule that out with him.
Thank you Mani. to you my good man.

Old 2004-05-07, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BDMJ
First Sergeant

The reason the TR have been winning this past week was that the NC and the VS were locked in a battle to the death for ASS. Now that the NC have emerged victorious, the TR won't own 7 continents for hours on end.
Old 2004-05-07, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BDMJ
The reason the TR have been winning this past week was that the NC and the VS were locked in a battle to the death for ASS. Now that the NC have emerged victorious, the TR won't own 7 continents for hours on end.

IMO it has less to do with TR getting a whole lot smarter than the VS getting a whole lot dumber. All last week was was VS backhacking NC while we tried to retake ASS and the tr took over the VS's HOE.

Now that operation "Grab ASS" was a success, VS are stuck on FIC.

I dunno whose idea "Grab ASS" was, I heard it first from diddy...
Old 2004-05-07, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Salazar
Staff Sergeant

Just got my TR restored after deleting him, been a blast so far, the TR are alot smarter since I last left them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion