Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2013-03-31, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rictavius
Private

Post The Big Lie

(W.I.P)

"You see anything up there?" A voice crackled over into Victor's headset, the convoy lumbered along in serenity. Kicking up a dust trail that stretched far behind than he could see.

"Nah, just sand, rocks and more sand as far as the eye can see." he chuckled into the microphone that hung underneath his lower lip, a laughed replied from the bowels of the prowler.

"Alright wise-guy, keep your mouth shut if you don't anything constructive to report," Francis-Liter spoke as he tried to control his giggles. Victor quietly rotated his Kobalt machine gun, gazing out at the trail of vehicles behind him and in front, sighing at their inevitable boredom the prowler's engine unexpectedly gagged in a roar and sputters, a blare of black smoke came out of the exhaust as Victor cursed.

"Son of a bitch, first day we arrive on Indar, our shit tanks can't handle the sand. Piece of fucking 20 year old junk!" He gave a swift knock to the inner wall of the turret with his boot.
"Simmer down, soldier boy. Is there nothing you city boys can do but bash complex machinery?" Francis' calm chuckle came over, "beside we pull over and repair, no biggy, we're in convoy, just get on the squawker and explain to the lieutenant."

"Yes Sir, Boss Man, Sir!" Victor blurted out in reply as he began to change the dials on the radio set. As Francis smirked,
"That's sergeant Boss Man to you, Corporal." Victor smiled,
"Yes Sir, Sergeant Boss Man..." the radio crackled with a different voice,

"Whose BossMan?" Came Lt. Garon, as Victor winced,

"Ahh uh, nothing, sir, requesting for Gargoyle 5 to pull from the convoy for a stop, sir."

"A stop, why?" Garon's voice crackled curiously.

"Just the engine is acting up again, and belching what looks to be black smoke now, sir." Victor sat there , smiling as Garon cursed.

"Damn it I keep asking for new tanks and for this reason exactly, I don't why they keep insisting we have to hold onto old equipment anyway!?"

Francis then had to crack one, "Compulsive hoarders maybe. Top brass are always alil funny in the head sometimes... scratch that 'all the fucking time'." Victor tried to hold in his snicker as Garon gave the permission.

"Oh Crud!" Francis blurted as the burning engine fumes washed over his face and sighed as he gazed into the smoking engine compartment. "It's a complete mess in here, hand me the welder and replicator." his hand outstretched as Victor rummaged in the tool box. A couple of heavy open back sunderers zipped past by as the infantrymen in the back whooped in jeers at the two stranded tankmen, laughing at their expense as Victor Hollered into the desert after them,
"Up yours , douchebags!" It echoed away dignified as Francis laughed away while fixing and replacing the engine components.

Victor hopped to look at Francis' work, "How's it going?" a little tone of subtle concern came out as his friend smiled back at him with a greasy face.

"Desperate to get back to the war?"

"Yes very much so" Victor replied sarcastically as Francis cackled, "anyway we're being left behind in the column." another set of trucks passed by as Francis slammed the compartment door shut.

"No more problems for another week and you get to keep your pride, Vicky" A smug grin on his face as they both climbed back into the tank, revving up to rejoin the column.

The road wound longer, the two were left alone as they drove, nothing behind them and nothing in front, Victor became edgy in his seat as Francis hummed over the reverberating engine of the prowler. Time flew by slowly until Victor screamed down,

"Hey...Hey, we got smoke!" he swung the Kobalt machine gun to the plum of black diesel soaked smoke as it bellowed. They turned the corner to find their armor column, all but obliterated. Fifty of the Esamir Shock Regiment gone, inside the burning wreckage of the tanks and trucks, the noise of the flames licking the burning paint was horrendous.

Last edited by Rictavius; 2013-05-12 at 07:38 PM.
Old 2013-04-04, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: The Big Lie

Hi Rictavius,
Thanks for posting your story, I really liked it! I think the dialogue was very well done and felt very realistic. Is this piece going to form part of a bigger piece of work? I think it would do well as an intro to a longer story - do you have plans for that?

Sonny
Old 2013-04-05, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rictavius
Private

Re: The Big Lie

Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Hi Rictavius,
Thanks for posting your story, I really liked it! I think the dialogue was very well done and felt very realistic. Is this piece going to form part of a bigger piece of work? I think it would do well as an intro to a longer story - do you have plans for that?

Sonny
Yes it is. Like stated above its a Work In Progress. I've been busy with real life deadlines that I've kept it on the back burner, I might start on it again soon.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction