3 contenents is not enough - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the Anti-Drug.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-03, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
mbarrett
Banned

3 contenents is not enough

I think this game will need more continents as the game progresses , ideally i would like to see 10 continents as the game progresses , we start with 3 and i hope more will be added in as the game progresses so that we have the ability to lock the continents like how it was originally in the 1st planetside
Old 2012-10-03, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TestyVenom
Private

Re: 3 contenents is not enough

There will surely be more locations added after official launch.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
RSphil
Contributor
Major

The dev team stated at an early stage there will be more then 3. They are only starting with 3 for now as these things take a lot of time to build. A lot of thought and testing needs to go into the continents so will take a little time.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with.
Old 2012-10-03, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Personally, I think they should launch with 6 maps, three completed and three as blank works in progress. The WIP maps would only have the warpgates, terrain, and some control points. It would be pretty fun to see how they changed over time as they became populated with structures and what not.
Old 2012-10-03, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Yenni
Corporal

Well it seems the current idea is to have 2 conts at launch and then add the "amerish" like cont post-launch.

I've had my own worries about the lack of addtional cont's to attack because as of right now it seems we're just fighting over bases and their proxy stations, which ends up with us missing alot of the maps content in between.

When we finally get the pops up near the max (2000 peeps a server) I believe the map will feel alot bigger with alot more dynamic fighting in between the main bases along roads and ridgelines.
Old 2012-10-03, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

To quote Valve after they delayed Portal 2, "because making games is hard!"

There will be more continents, it's just that they take the devs a long time to make. If you have TF2, CS, L4D2 or any source game open that up and try to make a single multiplayer map in Hammer.

Now imagine trying to do that across 64km squared.
Old 2012-10-03, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Ye a lot of fighting is at bases but since they stoped the gal being a spawn point untill deep into the tree iv been a good few fights in between bases. Great one last night on the way to a base 2 factions fighting in a deep trench with tanks and troops and all 3 fighting over head. Was an epic battle. If say when the pop gets up there will be skirmishes all over the place.

Can't wait to see the maps. Might be 2 for launch but the 3rd wouldn't be much after I think
Old 2012-10-03, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
mbarrett
Banned

i know this is asking a hell of a lot , but create one big map that is surrounded by water , have the bases on stilts so that they are sitting directly on to of the water and the only way into or out of a base is by using the sunderer/magrider or by flying in with a galaxy/or aircraft , this will encourage players to work as a team and it will feel more rewarding after capturing a base , thats just an idea
Old 2012-10-03, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
mbarrett
Banned

even use some of the contenents from the original planetside , remove all the bases and then just give the contenent a overhall , they will be not as big as indar but i bet you could get a few bases on them and i personnally think some of the original conts we're awesome
Old 2012-10-03, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

We need at the launch of the game AT LEAST 3 conts. Otherwise the intercontinental warfare will not function poperly. And we really need these mechanics of the game (e.g., contlock, fast cont change, ghost conts attacks, etc.)

Latest 3 month after launch i want to see 5 or more conts otherwise the game will really suck imo.

Last edited by Mox; 2012-10-03 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2012-10-03, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

How do you even know? We have only played on one.

And it's already known that they are working on Esamir, Searhus, and Amerish.

I'd like to see it go completely open world. With naval battles over islands in between the continents and eventually in space to the other inhabitable moon clearly visible in the sky.

Last edited by Bittermen; 2012-10-03 at 01:01 PM.
Old 2012-10-03, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I seem to be the only guy who is having fun and still seeing new stuff in our first continent.
Old 2012-10-03, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Yenni
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I seem to be the only guy who is having fun and still seeing new stuff in our first continent.
I am enjoying it!

I can't stress enoug how much the enviroment will change with full pop server with every frontline hex engaged in combat. It will definitely change the way the game is played.
Old 2012-10-03, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

This is one thing I am a bit hazy on, will it be 2,000 people per map or on the total server which has 3+ maps on it??

I really would like them to explain how there will be room to play and keep all of the maps populated.
Old 2012-10-03, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

I hope we can get 3 up to release.... I'm afraid we will only have 2 and the current 3on3 stalemate on each continent will be the "metagame" :/
If that happens, the game is dead to me...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion