Ask The Devs Feedback - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Unofficially the most official unofficial fansite.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-13, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Exclamation Ask The Devs Feedback

This thread is for feedback on our Ask The Dev series of shows, we want to know waht you think about our shows. How would you go about improving them? Do you have any suggestions?

We'd like to know so we can make it a better experience for everyone who tunes in!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-13, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EarlyDawn
Major General

I love them, and that one was great. The ambiguity of Dave's answers was slightly annoying, as usual, but I understand that they put tight controls on what they can and cannot say.

I'd like to see a segment taking a complete half hour where Dave simply explains everything that's on the list for the developers for the next month in updates.
Old 2003-11-13, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Hamma it gets better and better every time. You guys are getting good at it. I loved it.
Old 2003-11-13, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

hamma it was very informative for me :P learning new stuff more and more .. look forward to listening again <3 Jennyboo
Old 2003-11-13, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EarlyDawn
Major General

Oh yeah, and I'll also comment that I enjoyed the heavy focus on upcomming, more-or-less fixed updates that the devs have commited to.
Old 2003-11-13, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
I Hate Pants
General

Thx for asking my question on the voice chat system. Not the answer I was looking for. But i'll try and clearify what I mean't with Smokejumper if I can. Maybe a thread on the OF or a personal e-mail.
Old 2003-11-13, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by LNS0388
I'd like to see a segment taking a complete half hour where Dave simply explains everything that's on the list for the developers for the next month in updates.
Good suggestion, keep em comin

Old 2003-11-13, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

btw if your question was selected from the form check this thread:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=16534

Old 2003-11-13, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
arctik
Second Lieutenant

I watched the show before this and I loved it, it's very imformative and fun at the same time. Though I am sad to say I missed the show today due to Soccer practice.
Old 2003-11-14, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
TeraHertz
Major

Shows? what shows? where? Tunes in? what? Live shows? Are you mad!

Different timezones dont you see? Where's the recordings/logs?

Hmmmm, too much coffe.
Old 2003-11-14, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Recordings/logs will be up as soon as they can be processed.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-11-14, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Aen
First Sergeant

You gonna have the transcript soon?
Old 2003-11-14, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
perne
Private

Overall good...

Loatta questions... Some were repeats or previously answered by another question. Obviously someone too the time to read the submitted questions, group them up and put them in list format. The interview should try to be more dynamic... the list is a great idea, but its not required to ask every question just because the list exists. Skip questions that are previously answered. Try to lump more questions together when the potential is high that they are going to be answered in the same response.

Instead of back and forth between interviewers with every single question, it would have been easier to catch those duplicate answer/questions if the same individual asked questions by the group... you already had the groups broken out, the two interveiwers would have done well to 'back-and-forth' with the groups rather than each individual question.

The individual with the deep voice... nothing personal, but you voice simply doesnt carry over the broadcast as well as the higher pitched interviewers and Dave G. This is just a general concept for all sounds. Howerd Stern is probably the only notable deep voiced broadcaster i can think of. The deeper the sound, the more volume required for a clear broadcast. This is most basically accomplished by moving the microphone closer (watch Howerd Stern or any deep voiced R&B singer) or speeking a little louder than you may be accostomed to...

Again overall great interview. A little too fanboi'ish for my personal taste, but that was not to be unexpected considering the source. Afterall if you fellas didnt love every ounce of the game, this website wouldn't exist...

The above are all my oppinions on the only things i would try to work on were I in your shoes... Im not however in your shoes, so remember they are OPPINION and stated as such...

As side note, SOE would do well for themselves to rebroadcast this on their front page. Regardless of your personal feelings towads PS, SOE or the Devs, it is clear Dave G. has a genuine excitement for the game and clearly does care about the project and the game community. Whether you believe he's doing the right stuff with the game isn't the issue... but rather that he, and the rest of the devs im sure, ARE trying to do what they believe is in the best interest of the game and the game community...
Old 2003-11-14, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
WarZone
Private

Any ETA on the transcript?
Old 2003-11-14, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Strygun did the last one and he has been a bit busy lately and it takes the better part of a day to write it up. No ETA yet.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion